WELCOME CENTER! :D

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 5 August 2011 at 3:56 PM

I think that if you have just joined that there should be a welcome center, you can watch videos of what people do, there could be ceminars(LOL) and it could teach them alot about eggcave. I mean some people dont understand what eggcave is about, they think its like Neo and they get annoyed, before you join their should be a sign that says. "NOT LIKE NEO!!" on it so people wouldnt let their innocent eggs die!

Any ideas? Bumps apreciated. Like or dislike this idea?

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 5 August 2011 at 3:56 PM

good idea

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 5 August 2011 at 3:58 PM

yeah. At least tell the newbies that pets CAN and WILL die if you don't feed them often enough.

Female
240 posts

plantparadise • 5 August 2011 at 3:59 PM

@bluegirl80
But isn't that the purpose of the "Welcome" topics?

Oh and the new banners 😋

Deleted • 5 August 2011 at 4:00 PM

@plantparadise I know they would go there BEFORE joining.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 August 2011 at 4:04 PM

There is a welcome topic in the Forums and a fairly new Welcome page for new users. It even gives a small set of goals for them to accomplish.

Egg Cave really should not have to put up "Not like Neo" in big fonts. 😋 Because it really isn't. If they want to play something that is like Neopets, why not play Neopets.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 5 August 2011 at 4:04 PM

Wouldn't it be like Neo then? 😋

EDIT: Haha, @meteoroid basically said that too. >__<

Female
240 posts

plantparadise • 5 August 2011 at 4:05 PM

@bluegirl80

Before joining? But then what if they get the wrong idea completely and they don't join at all?

Deleted • 5 August 2011 at 4:06 PM

@plantparadise Well if they wanted a Neo like game and then would not let their eggs live its better if they didnt join at all.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 August 2011 at 4:12 PM

Well, even the paragraph on the very front page states what these adoptable eggs are and how you use them.

It pretty much falls upon the user with regards to common sense.

Female
240 posts

plantparadise • 5 August 2011 at 4:15 PM

@Meteoroid
😋 True...

@bluegirl
But look at the users here, we made it through our newbie days 😊

I think if anyone quits on their newbie days it's because they lack a taste for exploration 😋 Or they just find this site boring 😋

Some people don't find feeding eggs as fun as it is for me. 😊