Winter Creature Suggestion: Khione

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 2 August 2013 at 11:56 AM

Hi Egg Cave! This is my first creature design so I don't really know how this works.

Khione: Greek goddess of snow, also known as Chione

Khione Description:
The Khione is a quite wary creature, thus mature Khiones are very seldom seen. Only Khiones that have know people since the egg stage will even approach them. As eggs, instinct tells the chick to peek out of a small crack in the egg to watch for predators. If they see a threat the Khione thrashes out its tail feathers(or feather) which is tipped with a dagger-like piece of ice. If the shard does not send the threat running, then the absolute zero temperature will. As the Khione matures more tail feathers grow until there are three. Khiones have very shaggy feathers to protect them from the harsh cold of their tail feathers and their home. The Khione also has sharp, long talons to help them grip the ice in their natural habitat.

More Khione Description:
The Khione is only seen in Ark during the cold, icy winter which is when they store their eggs in the Cave. Legend says that Khiones are the responsible for winter by bringing the North Wind to Ark. The Khione are very cautious for they fear the West Wind will unbalance their Winter by bringing Spring too early. As the first warm breeze breaks the cold the Khiones flee Ark. No one knows where the Khione goes during the rest of the year. Maybe the legend is true and the Khiones do bring winter.........

#creaturesuggestion #spiritkoi #spiritkoisuggestions

Creature Design:
http://spiritkoi.deviantart.com/art/Sam-0242-390693356?ga_submit_new=10:1375636794

P.S. Check out my others:
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/43427
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/43439

THANK YOU EGGCAVE FOR MAKING IT!!!

Female
454 posts

semo2005 • 2 August 2013 at 12:30 PM

@spiritkoi like the Description can't wait for the creature

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 2 August 2013 at 12:39 PM

@spiritkoi
You still need help with posting the picture?

- If the picture already saved on your computer, all you have to do is use a image hosting website such a Photobucket, Tinypic, Imageshack, etc. After uploading they'll provide you with links and a html code, look for the direct link, copy it and paste it here on your topic and you'll be done. I hope I explained well, if that's not the problem let me know what's going on and I'll try my best to help you. Otherwise the name sounds interesting. 😸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 3 August 2013 at 7:22 PM

I got the picture up now please tell me what you think! 😊

Deleted • 4 August 2013 at 5:08 PM

@spiritkoi Your drawings are amazing ❤️ Hope it gets made!

Female
385 posts

jess11y • 5 August 2013 at 8:38 AM

@spiritkoi
It's really pretty! I love it and the way it's designed! I'm not usually a fan of birds but I love this one 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 5 August 2013 at 8:42 AM

@jess11y
Thanks so much! 😊 I just thought of it when I was thinking if the phoenix had a cousin.

Female
1,124 posts

banana • 5 August 2013 at 9:15 AM

@spiritkoi I like the egg stage and the last stage 😋
The first stage is a little bit... strange to me xD

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 5 August 2013 at 9:20 AM

@banana
I know. 😋 I did the egg and final first and then I couldn't think of a good first. Since this is a winter creature maybe.... playful like snow, cold like ice..... I don't know!!

Deleted • 5 August 2013 at 11:01 AM

@spiritkoi
A winter bird, nice idea! And I really like the design, expecially the first stage. I support. ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 5 August 2013 at 11:14 AM

@wererage
Thanks! Did you check out my other design?
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/43427

Deleted • 5 August 2013 at 11:21 AM

@spiritkoi
Sure! ^^

Female
2,071 posts

cutebirdy79 • 5 August 2013 at 1:23 PM

@spiritkoi
AWESOME!!!! I 100% ❤️ it!!!!!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 5 August 2013 at 1:25 PM

@cutebirdy79
Thanks! 😃

Female
2,071 posts

cutebirdy79 • 5 August 2013 at 1:27 PM

@spiritkoi
you are so totally welcome.
the creature is so awesome I can't get it out of my head.

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 5 August 2013 at 2:03 PM

@spiritkoi I really like this creature!! 😃 Hope it gets made!! 😃

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 5 August 2013 at 7:00 PM

@spiritkoi

Oh I love this one it reminds me of a phoenix pretty close to it.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 6 August 2013 at 10:27 AM

@chloelove
thanks again! 😃

1,242 posts

bot • 6 August 2013 at 8:01 PM

@spiritkoi

Woah! *\\\* This is really good. I likes! Here's an egg description, you didn't have one.

About Khione Eggs

Khione eggs are so tiny (sometimes only about 5 inches tall), but some of the most beautiful! Many people search after these eggs to place on Christmas Trees or other displays in the winter season to impress other citizens. Sadly, only the riches Arkians can afford Khione eggs. If you ever manage to find one of the eggs, keep it! It is worth tons.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 6 August 2013 at 8:03 PM

@spiritkoi
So pretty *.*

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 6 August 2013 at 8:09 PM

@bot
Thanks but I think I'm going to keep it like that. Thanks anyway!!! *takes deeper breath* Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! vThanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

P.S. Try and find the v's!! XP

Female
454 posts

semo2005 • 6 August 2013 at 8:21 PM

@spiritkoi please put the picture on a different website deviantart won't let me see the picture

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 6 August 2013 at 9:10 PM

@semo2005
I don't know any other website. Why isn't it letting you?

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 7 August 2013 at 12:42 PM

@spiritkoi
I'm just now getting back to this, but it's absolutely amazing!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 7 August 2013 at 12:43 PM

@fakeworld
Thanks! Did you check out the others?

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 7 August 2013 at 12:44 PM

@spiritkoi
Nope not yet, but I'm about to do that now. ❤️

Female
454 posts