Is there a spacing bug or is this a new thing?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 16 September 2013 at 9:08 PM

I found a bit of a spacing bug with some of my RP posts.
For some back ground information, I usually write my posts on my notes app on my IPod, and then copy/paste it onto Eggcave.
This bug occurs when there are three consecutive spaces with nothing touching them, I think- or just when they're too many spaces in general. ^^ When there are three consecutive spaces, an "A" with an arrow over its top appears as a space filler.

I'm not sure if this is a new implement onto the site, or if this is a bug? O_O I find it rather annoying, since it's blatantly pointing out all my spacing issues and making my posts look ugly.
I think this is something that happens for everyone, but I'm not sure. May I get some clarification on this phenomenon?

Testing it for others:
Types on the computer ((four spaces between most words))
The cat.

The cat.
The cat.

The cat .

Typed on my Notes App and pasted from my IPod:
    The cat.
The    cat.
The cat.    
    The    cat.    

UPDATE: Although it now seems to not be happening, many of my older posts have the annoying "A" still.

http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/41370

You can see the "A" on my post, post 13 in this forum. Also it seems that the first few posts, made by other people, seem to have a few text glitches as well. This looks ugly and displeasing to me, and to be honest, I dislike it and do not want to go back to fix each my posts one by one. :/

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 16 September 2013 at 9:37 PM

@taffy789

Yeah, that's weird o_o I use Notes too, but then I haven't been practicing that trendy spacing of yours CX
I actually tried it, a space before a new paragraph, but for some reason it just didn't show up on the post o_o