Spring Creature Suggestion ~The Caddy

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
806 posts

aedia • 11 December 2013 at 2:34 AM

I enjoy reading up on cryptozoology, so I thought I would create a suggestion that came off of a legend, the Cadborosaurus.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s396/littlenorthwind/TPhoto_00067.jpg

If anyone could improve the imaging to make it look more like the description, that would be great! 😊

1st stage: 300 clicks
2nd stage: 600 clicks
3rd stage: 900 clicks

Description (helped revised by @purrclan):
The Caddy is a elusive creature as beautiful as it is shy. Its velvety lavender fur is perfectly complemented by its glimmering turquoise claws, spines, and eyes. A nocturnal creature, it spends most of its time in the underwater caverns of Ark Bay, hidden from the outside world. Despite the Caddy's resemblance to the sea serpents of yore, it is actually an aquatic mammal, more closely related to the Taigrin than to the Roasen. All Caddies share a fascination with the sparkling seashells resting on the seafloor, and insist on wearing them as jewelry.

Due to their timidity, wild Caddies lead lonesome lives; a glance at their deep, gentle eyes reveals a quiet, forlorn expression that rarely leaves their face. If you are lucky enough to befriend - or luckier still, to raise - one of these creatures, you will find a lifelong friend. Sympathetic, supportive, and kind, they are most understanding when you are sad, and will do their best to comfort you.

I'm not sure about the name/spelling of it, so if anyone has better a suggestion, let me know. Also, I'm always glad to get feedback for improvement! Thanks! 😊

Random pings:
@lemonade
@bookw0rm
@bot
@karenna19
@Bliss
@sony
@faerie_eclair_mallow
@spiritkoi
@hormone
@poptarts
@nenielsen
@yileen
#creaturesuggestion
#Caddy
#Aediasuggestion

Female
475 posts

andreita • 11 December 2013 at 3:02 AM

@aedia oooh I like it a lot! I feel like hugging it 😸 Looks super cute!

Female
806 posts

aedia • 11 December 2013 at 3:12 AM

@andreita Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! 😸

More pings:
@magicventu
@hermione0905
@iv24
@kittylover2009
@leafpoolz
@sarahzafirah

Female
413 posts

june • 11 December 2013 at 6:47 AM

@aedia
Aww, it's so cute and melancholy at the same time :')
I LOVE the first stage! Its so pretty!

Female
1,314 posts

tamomo • 11 December 2013 at 10:30 AM

@aedia cuuute *^* i like it!

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 11 December 2013 at 6:17 PM

@aedia
Looks awesome!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 11 December 2013 at 6:51 PM

@aedia I love your description and your art is even better!

Female
806 posts

aedia • 12 December 2013 at 12:51 AM

@lemonade Thank you for the support, glad you like it! 😊

@nidalee2 Thank you! 😸

@bookw0rm Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

@spiritkoi Thank you very much *blushes* 😊

Female
266 posts

miraeggs • 3 January 2014 at 1:58 PM

@aedia This is good idea!! ❀️ I really like this creature 😊

Female
806 posts

aedia • 3 January 2014 at 2:05 PM

@miraeggs Thank you! 😊

Since it was bumped up, more random pings (sorry)! 😸 I realize that there are a lot of sea creatures already, so I can understand if anyone doesn't like it. 😊
@yileen
@jupiter_hollow
@kelch1000
@meta_knight_lover

2,056 posts

purrclan • 3 January 2014 at 3:03 PM

@aedia
allusive
alΒ·luΒ·sive
adjective
(of a remark or reference) working by suggestion rather than explicit mention.
"allusive references to the body"

fiend
noun
an evil spirit or demon.

it's
it is

/Slashes? Really?

The Caddy is a elusive creature as beautiful as it is shy. Its velvety lavender fur is perfectly complemented by its glimmering turquoise claws, spines, and eyes. A nocturnal creature, it spends most of its time in the underwater caverns of Ark Bay, hidden from the outside world. Despite the Caddy's resemblance to the sea serpents of yore, it is actually an aquatic mammal, more closely related to the Taigrin than to the Roasen. All Caddies share a fascination with the sparkling seashells resting on the seafloor, and insist on wearing them as jewelry.

Due to their timidity, wild Caddies lead lonesome lives; a glance at their deep, gentle eyes reveals a quiet, forlorn expression that rarely leaves their face. If you are lucky enough to befriend - or luckier still, to raise - one of these creatures, you will find a lifelong friend. Sympathetic, supportive, and kind, they are most understanding when you are sad, and will do their best to comfort you.

Female
806 posts

aedia • 3 January 2014 at 3:08 PM

@purrclan Wow, I didn't realize I made so many mistakes. Thank you for the corrections. I meant elusive and friend; I can't believe I made those mistakes, thanks for catching them. 😊 I didn't proof read my post and I should have.

I love your description, it is briefer than mine as well as putting all of the detail into it! Thank you so much! ❀️ Mind if I replace my description with yours in the original post? 😊

2,056 posts

purrclan • 3 January 2014 at 3:11 PM

@aedia
I thought that's what you meant. πŸ˜‹
Of course you can! 😊

Female
806 posts

aedia • 3 January 2014 at 3:12 PM

@purrclan Thank you! I will do that and credit you with your help. 😊

Female
720 posts

kelch1000 • 3 January 2014 at 3:43 PM