The Shrouded Island - Pokeshifter/Pokepeople RP (OOC+ Sign ups)

in Roleplaying

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 16 January 2014 at 9:14 PM

An island used to be a paradise. Now its a wasteland, ingrown by trees and brush. This used to be a place where even the rarest of legendary pokemon frequented, but now pokemon are scarce, except around the one remaining village there...

You are a member of a diminishing species, nicknamed "pokepeople". In a sense, you are a normal human with the ability to shift into a pokemon. This once-paradise island is your home, ravaged by the war 50 years ago by Team Shadow. Their goal? Destroy the entire species of pokepeople, and claim the legendaries as their own. After these 50 years of recuperation and the loss of their previous leader, the village is finally ready to stand against Team Shadow again.

Rules:
~ Minimum 2 sentences per post.

~ Please at least try to have correct grammar and spelling.

~ Do not powerplay, bunny, mary sue, troll, etc.

~ You may only have one pokemon as your partner, and that pokemon is the one you shift onto.

~ Yes, there will be violence, and characters may die. In the case of your character dying, you may create a new character.

~ You may not have more than two characters at one time, and they cannot be the same gender.

~ Pokemon choices are on a first come, first served basis. You may choose any pokemon as long as nobody else is playing that pokemon and it is not a legendary. (Salamence, Garchomp and other psudeo legends are not allowed, minus metagross)

~~~~
Character name:
Division: (scout, frontlines, defense, special)
Personality: (do not say meet him/her)
Appearance:
Other/Pic: (do not use artwork without permission, I can make a custom sketch of your character if you want)
~~~~
Current Characters
Village Leader: Emerald (NPC)
Second in command: Alina ( @giwigirl485 )
Team Leaders(5): Jessamine ( @poe )
Officers(10):Cypress ( @Jaypress )
Guards (unlimited): Noah ( @poe ), Victory ( @victorythevaporeon )

RP will start once there are at least 2 team leaders and 4 officers.

4 posts

leaf_lightsong • 16 January 2014 at 9:32 PM

Snagging the first post! ( @giwigirl485's side)

Ok, my character
Character name: Alina
Pokemon: Serperior/Arceus
Division: Elite
Personality: Alina is very defensive of her friends, which are often rare. She is often perceived as anti-social though, but she can be a great friend and partner in battle. Her friends are her strengths and her weaknesses.

Appearance: Alina is slightly tanned, has black-blue hair and emerald green eyes. She stands just shy of 5'7". When she shifts into serperior, her skin turns silvery, her hair turns silvery mint green, and her eyes turn crimson.

Other: Alina is Emerald's little sister, and daughter of the village's previous leader. Alina is 17 years old, Emerald is 21. She is skilled in swordsmanship, and can easily handle a combo of her sword and leaf blade.

Pic: http://grasssnake485.deviantart.com/art/Alina-the-Serperior-Giginka-396148121

Forgot to mention, If Emerald think's youre good enough, she MAY reward you with one of the legendary pokemon still in her control. You do not shift into legendaries, but you can call them out anytime you want.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 25 January 2014 at 10:52 PM

Character name: Jessamine (And don't you shorten it!)
Pokemon: Breloom
Division: Defense

Personality: Very lady-like. She is very proper most of the time, and holds herself like a princess. When it's time to talk of serious business, no one questions her authoritative air. (Obviously aside from her superiors. She behaves respectfully to them.) She's a kind young woman and definitely is a very hard worker. When something needs to get done, she sees it through. This can also make her stubborn. She's also very social and likes people. Unless they shorten her name. You need to be close to her for her to accept you calling her something like Jessie or Jess.

Appearance: Autumn colours. Wears a tidy tunic that looks sweet but is also functional for when she needs to fight. She's 5'5" and has perfect posture. She likes wide-brimmed hats and is often seen wearing one. Her caramel coloured hair naturally falls in loose curls and waves. See picture.

Other/Pic: She is talented at martial arts, so her weapons are usually just small things that assist in her hand-to-hand combat such as brass knuckles.

Sketch is of both characters; probably will draw better pictures later because it was fun- http://autumnkins.deviantart.com/art/Some-pokemon-sketches-429556422?ga_submit_new=10%3A1390709554

Character name: Noah
Pokemon: Sableye
Division: Special?

Personality: He's a rather confusing guy, often unpredictable unless you get to know him. He's a loner by nature, but isn't particularly anti-social. He just plain freaks people out most of the time; it's suspected to be something he can control, and at the very least it makes people feel a little on edge or uncomfortable. He often seems rude, since he won't respect anyone who doesn't deserve it. Despite his obtuse behavior, he won't deliberately act terrible toward someone without cause. Beneath all that, if he does respect someone, he listens to them and if a friendship develops, he is steadfast and loyal, and will try to help them to the best of his abilities. Though even with friends he can be as sassy as Tony Stark. Oh, and until he makes more friends, he'll only take an order from Jessamine.

Appearance: His appearance definitely reflects his odd personality and strangeness, as well as his creepy aura. He's lanky and athletic in build from navigating caves and treetops. Lots of dark colours usually to blend in, though ironically he has a fondness for shiny things so he has lots of that too. His eyes are bright coloured, like white gold; which sounds cool and kinda looks cool but is actually pretty scary. He's quite tall at 6'3". He also has rather pointed teeth which are at times, unnerving. See the picture for the rest. 😋

Other: Agile and fights with a staff in humanoid form. Likes climbing. A lot. And sweets, but almost no one knows that. He also seems to miss someone very much. (And I may or may not have purposefully used an ironic name...)

Female
38 posts

moomuffins • 26 January 2014 at 7:51 PM

@giwigirl485
Save a spot in the slot officer for me. I'll be posting a bio once I get a sketch of her done.

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 26 January 2014 at 8:07 PM

@moomuffins

Sure 😊

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 February 2014 at 4:16 PM

@giwigirl485
Maybe we should ping some people?
I don't know of anyone who RPs and likes pokemon. I'll have to ask around.

Male
388 posts

victorythevaporeon • 8 February 2014 at 4:55 PM

Character name: Victory (Obviously XD)
Pokemon: Vaporeon
Division: Front
Personality: She's sarcastic and reckless.She will take on anything without thinking and can say things she doesn't mean to.However, she can be serious and stay calm when needed.
Appearance: Long black hair and aqua marine eyes.She wears a white hoodie and blue denim jeans.She also has black trainers.SHe wears a silver pendant around her neck and has a black band around her right arm.As for her Vaporeon stage, a normal Vaporeon,excluding the band on her front right leg and her pendant
Other/Pic: No pic,sorry.She doesn't like soap bars.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 February 2014 at 4:59 PM

@victorythevaporeon
I like your choice in pokemon. Vaporeons are awesome. 😋

Male
388 posts

victorythevaporeon • 8 February 2014 at 5:00 PM

@poe As you can tell 😋

8th favourite pokemon 😊

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 February 2014 at 5:39 PM

@victorythevaporeon
I have so many favourites. XD And most of them are basically useless pokemon for actually battling. *cuddles sableye*

And while I'm here, @epicthings451 I dunno if you're into pokemon, so I dunno if you'd be interested in joining this or not.

Female
1,603 posts

epicthings451 • 8 February 2014 at 5:46 PM

@poe

Sadly, I don't really have a pokemon background XC I only watched a few episodes back in 2010 (I think). I would join, but I would be clueless since, as said before, I don't really have a pokemon background. But thanks for pinging me ^^

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 February 2014 at 5:49 PM

@epicthings451
That's okay. But if you do know anyone who likes pokemon and rps, do send 'em this way since we're looking for more people. : )

Male
388 posts

victorythevaporeon • 8 February 2014 at 5:53 PM

@poe I'll be sure to ping someone if I see them.Btw, I might come on from my other acc @scarly 😉

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 8 February 2014 at 6:57 PM

@victorythevaporeon

haha, I like all the Eeveelutions! Glaceon's my personal favorite in design, but Umbreon's the total wall when it comes to battling.

//competitive battler doesnt really have many favorite pokemon//

Male
388 posts

victorythevaporeon • 9 February 2014 at 3:35 AM

@giqigirl485 Two words. Moxie Scrafty

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 10 February 2014 at 6:45 PM

@victorythevaporeon

Contrary serperior

Male
388 posts

victorythevaporeon • 11 February 2014 at 11:07 AM

@giwigirl485 Just Scrafty 😋

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 25 February 2014 at 11:16 PM

@Giwigirl485
Why people no express interest? Lol

Female
65 posts

jaypress • 27 February 2014 at 12:33 AM

@giwigirl485
Character name: Cypress
Pokemon: Arcanine
Division: Scout
Personality: Reserved and enigmatic, Cypress isolates herself from society and would actively seek out permission to be alone rather than socialize. She throws herself into whatever is required of her, but nothing more. Cypress is prone to mercurial mood swings if there are too many people around, but would not push anyone away if they approached for a conversation. Circumspect by instinct, she puts others before herself and introversion is the only thing keeping her from being a team leader.
Appearance: Cypress is at odds between her normal appearance and her Arcanine form. With her pale blue eyes, people assume that her Pokemon would be an Ice type. Likewise, the only physical evidence of Cypress in her Arcanine would be the jagged black stripes, which barely correspond with her long, dark brown hair. Cypress prefers to dress in dark, lightweight clothing, such as her typical black zip-up hoodie and dark blue skinny jeans. At 5'8'', Cypress has a supple, lean build from running around and practicing with her blade.
Other/Pic: Cypress wields a hand-and-a-half sword, tempered by Charizard flame and modified to make it lighter, stronger, and sharper. Although talented at swordplay, Cypress has a terrible aim and despite her keen eyes and sharp hands, she cannot perform any ranged attacks to save her life. (I can't draw, whoops.)

#jaypress

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 27 February 2014 at 12:37 AM

@Jaypress
Whooo! People! I'm happy to see an arcanine. 😸
You also don't have to draw. I think we just got a little over-enthusiastic. XD

Female
65 posts

jaypress • 27 February 2014 at 12:41 AM

@poe
Haha, I love Arcanines! 😃 And your art of Jessamine and Noah look fantastic! That Gyarados is really, really great too. I'm jealous of your skills. ((:

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 27 February 2014 at 1:02 AM

@jaypress
Thanks, though it was really more of a quick thing. I'm still not sure if they're supposed to have a fully human form or not, so I might have messed that up. lol

Arcanine is an awesome pokemon. I have a lot of useless random favourites, as you can tell by my sketches. ^^

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 5 March 2014 at 8:31 PM

@poe

I drew an arcanine in 3rd grade, and thought it was awesome. Back then, I started a "Gotta draw em all!" project, which I never finished (I think I got into the 300's?). But now im looking back, and I think its horrible. The mane is all messed up >.<

Oh yeah, I can draw for whoever doesnt feel like drawing. I wont guarantee it being done within a month though.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 5 March 2014 at 9:44 PM

@giwigirl485

The horrors of old art. I avoid looking at old stuff now just because it's like, "What was I even doing?" Lol Though I suppose sometimes it's a good laugh. I haven't drawn any pokemon too recently. I think last thing I did was draw a gyarados on the whiteboard that's in the hall outside my room.

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 8 March 2014 at 12:44 AM

@poe

When you ink a drawing, and someone bumps your elbow.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 March 2014 at 1:38 AM

@giwigirl485

I can't recall the last time that specifically happened to me, but someone's definitely caused me to make an artistic blunder before and it is SO tragic when it happens. I understand that pain. Hopefully this didn't happen recently.

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 8 March 2014 at 11:26 AM

@poe
Yesterday.

The rage. And I didnt feel like drawing it again, so I just threw the entire thing in the trash

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 8 March 2014 at 2:34 PM

@giwigirl485

Aw, that's awful. ☚ī¸ Was there any way to fix it?

EDIT: You think we should start and hope some others start joining? We could make it so people can sign up at any time. And to encourage it, we could post summaries and things on this board for people to catch up easily.

Just since it's taking a long time to get people.