Adventure Time with Kookaburrah & Birdbrain [Entries Closed]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 11 March 2014 at 1:02 AM

Closing contest early due to time restraints. Prizes will be awarded when I get home from work tonight, March 26.

Thank you to those who participated and helped tell an amazing story. I've enjoyed reading your submissions. 😊

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What's in it for you? (aka Prizes!)
Mini Prize
I will choose the best story entry from the previous days postings and reward the author with a travel from my 500+ travel collection

Example: You post on March 10 you've fed and add your part of the story. On March 11, I will choose a winner from March 10th postings.

List of travels include:
Candy Store
Flower Cart
Bagpipes
Khione Igloo
Lucky Dart Game
Frozen Lake Under Blue Sky
Northern Moonset
and much much more! With the exception of retired travels I most likely have whatever you're looking for.

Grand Prize
A current CSP Eggling of your Choice!
Every forum post stating the number feed you were and addition to the story will be entered into a raffle.

So make sure to post your feeds and stories to increase your chance of winning everyday!

There's a few things I should mention (aka The Rules!)
1) Only one entry per day
2) Post from your main account and not your side/bank/collection accounts
3) In the event of same number feeds, the person who posted first gets the credit.
4) I will use a random number generator for all prize drawings.
5) Grand Prize drawing will happen when Kookaburrah is in 1st stage and Birdbrain is in 2nd stage.
6) You have 2 weeks to claim your prize. Otherwise the grand prize will be redrawn.

Now with all the legal stuff out of the way let's get on with story time!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How this works: I'll write out the beginning of our story and you'll add to what was last written.

Example:
Person A writes - Once upon a time there was a brave knight who journeyed to a far away land.

Person B writes - On his way to the far away land the knight rode through a swamp and it smelled awful. "Ugh! Yuck! What is that horrible smell! I hope my horse didn't step in something just now," said the Knight.

Person C writes - Just then a troll hopped on a rock and gave the knight's horse a scare...

I hope that makes sense! Anyway, let's begin our tale...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Adventure Time with Kookaburrah & Birdbrain

Once upon a time, there were a pair of birds named Kookaburrah and Birdbrain. They adored listening to stories of valor and romance. One night they decided they wanted to experience their own adventure and went for a walk in the woods.

7 posts

sq_shrews • 11 March 2014 at 1:12 AM

@cookiemonster
@spiritkoi

As two of my biggest supporters of my last contest involving an immortal Happi, I thought I'd give you both a heads up. This time it's only evolving eggs. ^-^

Deleted • 11 March 2014 at 2:32 AM

@squijum01
lol! I used to have the name Birdbrain. xD
I also gave you the name Peabrain. lol XD

1,733 posts

sarahzafirah • 11 March 2014 at 3:39 AM

@squijum01 Fed both. ❀️

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 11 March 2014 at 7:53 AM

@frosted
lol! And I thank you for that! Because I love both those names. When I put Birdbrain on the Duckbeak I sent over to you my first thought was... Oooh, that's a good name! Then you told me I could keep the name and I did a big ole' happy dance. πŸ˜ƒ

@sarahzafirah
Thank you for the feeds! But it isn't just a feeding contest, it's also a story contest! I've written the beginning of a story and it's your turn to add a little bit to the story. ^-^

Deleted • 11 March 2014 at 8:15 AM

@squijum01
Birdbrain and Peabrain. lol
I like names that are like that, two real words in a single name; like Goldenbell, Wildrose etc.

Birdbrain is a real word lol. (it doesn't get underlined by EggCave on computer πŸ˜‹)

Fed both of them twice (different IPs). My internet dongle is quite strange; always generates a different IP address from the one I used before.
As such, with each disconnect and connect; I can feed my creatures again and again. lol
Easy evolution πŸ˜‹

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 11 March 2014 at 8:32 AM

@frosted
Thank you for the feeds! I find that weird about the IP address thing. I would sneak in feeds at work (shhh don't tell my boss) and then at home. Felt like cheating, but if it that's the way it works, it works!

Deleted • 11 March 2014 at 10:05 AM

@squijum01
How old are you? πŸ˜‹
You work? xD

It somewhat lets us gain more feeds; as such more easier evolutions 8D

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 11 March 2014 at 10:22 AM

@frosted
Don't you know it's not nice to ask a lady her age?! lol Nah, I'm 31 and I teach theatre to K-5th grade students. ^-^

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 11 March 2014 at 10:44 AM

29 and 31

@squijum01

STORY:
The woods the picked to enter were notorious for being filled with dangerous creatures. The two agreed it would make for a better adventure. The moment they entered they came across an Amarra.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 11 March 2014 at 2:41 PM

@squijum01 Thanks for the ping! πŸ˜ƒ Fed 30 and 32.

The Amarra whispered ominously to the two little eggs, "Entered the forest you have done, now you must evade me until one of us has won." He lunged toward them in a blur of green.

3,399 posts

bun • 11 March 2014 at 8:00 PM

@squijum01
Feed 31 and 33. 😸

The two little eggs were almost scared to death. After all, they had just encountered a fully grown Amarra, who had tried to attack them!

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 11 March 2014 at 10:11 PM

@squijum01
Thanks so much for the ping! ❀️
This seems like another awesome contest to me! 😸

Feeds 32 and 34 πŸ˜ƒ

The eggs scrambled away from the attacking Amarra as quickly as possible. They went separate directions as to destract the Amarra. "That plan won't work on me!" the Amarra smirked.

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 12 March 2014 at 9:02 AM

@spiritkoi
I choose you for our first mini travel awarding. The rhyming was perfect! ^-^

In that moment, the Amarra split into two and grinned wickedly. Both Amarras pounced on the egglings and rolled them into a cave deep within the Ark Forest.

Female
253 posts

meleva • 12 March 2014 at 9:55 AM

@squijum01 34 and 36

Inside the cave it was dark and wet, and loud sound could be heard, they seemed to come from the end of the cave, which now, slowly started to change to tunnel. "Wh-at was that?" asked Brainbird Kookaburrah,after a really high sound echoed in the whole tunnel, When the Amarra,(which now, of course was two Amarras) heard Birdbrain speak it said: Looks like you lost, now you'll have to se what it cost!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 12 March 2014 at 2:34 PM

@squijum01 36 and 38

Thanks! 😊 Do you have, by any chance, Blushing Jungle Flower or any of those new ones? πŸ˜‹ If not I'll take Lucky Dart Game.

The Amarra duplicates flashed their fangs, ready to attack. "What will you say last?" They snarled. Their tails flicked back and forth in anticipation.

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 12 March 2014 at 3:24 PM

@spiritkoi
Actually I do! One Blushing Jungle Flower being sent your way. πŸ˜ƒ

Kookaburrah leaned against Birdbrain. "I wish we could play egg ball one last time," Kookaburrah whispered.

"What," the Amarra duplicates said together, "is egg ball?"

Deleted • 12 March 2014 at 11:09 PM

@squijum01
I thought that you'd be as young as me. lol I'm 14.
I don't teach or work; I study .. and write exams. xD

Fed both again πŸ˜ƒ

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 13 March 2014 at 2:37 PM

@squijum01 Thanks!

43 and 45

"It's a game we like to play, but now you're going to eat us!" Birdbrain said in a convincing voice. She had already formulated a plan for escape, all that needed to happen was for the Amarras to fall into the trap.

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 13 March 2014 at 5:20 PM

@meleva
I choose your entry as the winner of March 12th mini travel prize. Take a look at the travels I have listed and pick one. If there's a different travel you'd rather have don't hesitate to ask. I may have it! ^-^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We like games," said the Amarra twins, "how do you play?"

"Well, you take an egg and a club or stick and try to hit it as far as you can. The person who hits it the farthest wins," Kookaburrah explained. "My sister and I normally play the egg, you know, since we're still in our eggs."

"Does it hurt when you get hit?" asked the Amarras.

"Not at all," Birdbrain exclaimed catching on to Kookaburrah's plan, "our shells are quite durable and won't crack."

The amarras put their heads together and had a whispered discussion. "Okay, we'll play!"

Female
253 posts

meleva • 14 March 2014 at 2:13 AM

@squijum01 Oh thanks!😊 I'll pick Flower Cart if you don't mind😸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 14 March 2014 at 2:38 PM

@squijum01 46 and 48

The Amarras raised their tails, ready to hit them. "1..2..3!!" They whacked the two eggs with so much force that Kookaburrah and Birdbrain flew to a distant land. "Suckers!" They had escaped the Amarras.

March 15:
47 and 51

The wind carried the two eggs to a lake in the far away land. The water was pure and clear, like a mirror. Kookaburrah and Birdbrain inched toward the magical lake. It was the Lake of Captivation, meant to keep anyone who dared look into the water forever.

3,399 posts

bun • 16 March 2014 at 3:27 PM

@squijum01
52 and 55

However, Kookaburrah and Birdbrain did not know the dangers of the water. "Wow, the water is so clear that I can see my own reflection. It's just like looking at a mirror!" Birdbrain exclaimed. They both looked deep into the lake, entranced by what they could see.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 16 March 2014 at 4:38 PM

@squijum01 53 and 56

Nearby, a Wiset watched from inside the hollow of a tree. He had seen this happen far too often. These eggs had their entire life ahead of them! "I will save them from their vanity." The Wiset, named Cato, sprang into action. He snatched up the two eggs before they drowned themselves and brought them to his hollow.

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 16 March 2014 at 10:34 PM

I am loving this story so far! And I'm sorry for my delay in awarding mini prize travels!

@spiritkoi - winner for March 14th & 15th; choose two please! Thank you for posting everyday. ^-^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Where am I," asked Birdbrain groggily.

"Oooohhh... my shell hurts," mumbled Kookaburrah.

"Whooo, thank goodness you kids are alright. One inch closer and your honk would have been cooked!"

"You.. you saved us?"

"You're not the first egglings to be entranced by the Lake of Captivation and you certainly won't be the last." Cato stated ruffling his feathers. "Either way, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Cato. Whoooo are you? And where were you going?"

"I'm...well my name is... huh that's funny... I don't know who I am," said Birdbrain.

"Don't be ridiculous...you...you...egg with the four leaf clover. Everyone has a name!" retorted Kookaburrah.

"Well if you're so smart what's yours?!"

Kookaburrah thought and thought, but he could not remember his name or where he was going or who the other eggling was. Like a clean slate, his memory was gone.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 March 2014 at 2:42 PM

@squijum01 Thanks! I just love your contests. 😊 And I subscribed. xP

Could I have Lucky Dart Game? And do you have any of those travels released today? πŸ˜‹ Probably not.. So do you have Elder Tree? Thanks again!

55 and 58

Cato stared at the two eggs sadly. The Lake had done its magic, he thought sorrowfully. While the two eggs quarreled he went to a niche in the hollow, drawing out a large book.

It's title was The Book of Healing.

Carefully he opened up the dusty book. He had cured a few before, but it involved having to get a petal of a flower known as the Drop of Sun which was hidden by an evil witch. Could the eggs survive the journey? Only time could tell.

March 18:

60 and 65

Of course, the witch was guarding it even more carefully than before after the first 3 that he had sent. Now the flower only had two petals... Two to cure the little eggs. Cato straightened up. He was going with them.

"My two little eggs! We are going to find your memory!" Cato shouted, nearly scaring them to death. Quickly, he began to pack everything needed for the journey.

3,399 posts

bun • 18 March 2014 at 8:08 PM

@squijum01
61 and 66

As much as the shout had scared them, the two little eggs ignored Cato. They were still too confused and desperate at attempting to remember their names and their memories.

"A... B... C.. D..." said Kookaburrah. "No, that doesn't sound right! E.. F.. G... H.... I... J... K.... K?"

They both mumbled to themselves.

"How are we ever going to get our memories back?" cried Birdbrain in despair.

"I said, I can help!" hooted Cato.

They both turned towards him. He had finally gotten their attention.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 19 March 2014 at 2:49 PM

@squijum01
63 and 68

"We are going to find the Drop of Sun to restore your memories!" Cato said. The two eggs looked with confusion. "Drop of Sun?" They repeated. "Yes, it has healing properties that will help you. The journey is treacherous, but you obviously need to. I will come with you" Finally finishing packing, he took the eggs into his talons with the bag of supplies.

Male
1,224 posts

takochu • 19 March 2014 at 9:02 PM

@squijum01

Cato and the eggs set off. The eggs kept trying to remember bits from their past. After what felt like hours (but was only minutes), the eggs gave up. "You are foolish to try the impossible", said Cato. The eggs really were foolish because their heads started hurting. When you live in an egg, your head frequently rubs against the shell. With a headache, that is not a pretty feeling. It had grown darker and the sunset looked strangely like a heart...

LOL. Sunset of a heart.

3,399 posts

bun • 19 March 2014 at 10:54 PM

@squijum01
66 and 70

"We're getting close!" shouted Cato. As the heart-shaped sun set, it illuminated a glittering castle that reflected the last light of the day.

"It's beautiful!" exclaimed Birdbrain.

"You will be able to find the Drop of Sun in that castle. Although the castle may be mesmerizing, the castle contains many perils. It could cost you your lives, but it is the only way to regain your memories. Are you up for it?" Cato asked seriously.

The two eggs both nodded their heads. "Yes, we are!"