~*Creature Suggestion - The Onabi (spring/summer)*~

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 5:35 PM

I hope you enjoy my creature suggestion, I enjoy creating it and would love to see it become a new member of the Ark!

My inspiration stemmed from the Okapi but morphed to include features of an antelope and white tailed deer 😊

IMAGE: http://i.imgur.com/SCXWBHn.jpg

(and this image for a different version of the first stage- small horns with flowers: http://i.imgur.com/1l5dGkL.jpg)

also I couldn't help myself, This is how it would look in the archives! 😊

http://i.imgur.com/NcJh7VB.jpg

About Onabi Eggs

Once believed to be creature of myth, Onabi’s have remained elusive due to their ability to camouflage into their surrounding environment. Flowers seen sprouting from the horns of mature adults mimic those of a common species of tree present in many areas of the Ark. While docile, these creatures can act aggressively if approached. Although it does not harm the creature, it is advised all citizens of the Ark restrain from harvesting it’s flowers.

More about the Onabi

Young Onabi, without full protection of flora, are often found clinging to adults to maximize their defense as well as shelter against the elements. Onabi are relatively small, weighing in around 80 pounds without their horns. The branch like structures composing their horns are still under scientific investigation. While their flowers act plant-like, cell structure suggests a more animalistic origin. Although the Onabi can often be seen grazing around the Ark , studies show their flowers may actually supply nutrients to the animal. Rarely seen during the winter months, it is believed Onabis hibernate using a root like structure that emerges from their undercarriage. While firmly planted in the ground they remain stoic, indistinguishable from the trees surrounding them.

Thank you for taking a look at my creature ^^ If you enjoy it ping your friends, I would love to see the Onabi in my cove, I don't know about you πŸ˜‰

#creaturesuggestion

Female
203 posts

derpyhooves666 • 23 April 2014 at 6:10 PM

I love it! It's so pretty! I love the cherry blossoms in the antlers.

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 6:15 PM

@derpyhooves666

I'm glad someone likes my suggestion! πŸ˜ƒ

I thought it would be pretty cute ^^

Female
2,125 posts

xoxo5959 • 23 April 2014 at 6:15 PM

@lucywithdiamonds

I honestly love this idea! Especially the colors used are close to both the original animal and the branches of the tree.

Only thing is I don't understand why the branches start as the tail and all the sudden bloom as the antlers.... :/

Either way I wish you luck on your creature suggestion c:

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 6:22 PM

@xoxo5959

thank you 😊 I think I might upload a different version, with tiny blossoms coming out of the first's head as well to avoid confusion. I was originally just to expand the space in the first stage image...and I thought maybe the species could develop flora throughout their body...but then in the description I distinctly mention the horns.. sooo yeah I'm going to do another version XD thanks

1,175 posts

crunchyoreo25 • 23 April 2014 at 6:25 PM

@lucywithdiamonds

Wow that's so good! I especially like the first stage ^^

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 6:52 PM

@crunchyoreo, thank you so much! I like the first stage too ^^ but I also just posted an alternate version of the first stage to avoid the confusion of tail branches vs. horn branches lol

pinging people via livepulse...sorry if you don't like random pings. Just ignore in that case ☹️

@crisrs
@cclynn2855
@sarahsaurus
@frosted
@satoshi818
@gracem
@enchantedbyfire
@ureshiipanda
@trig
@fizzlefruit
@phoenixfire

sorry, sorry, sorry, random pinging is annoying

Deleted • 23 April 2014 at 10:09 PM

@lucywithdiamonds
it reminds me of that deerling/sawsbuck pokemon, but it's absolutely adorable! love the name too 😊

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 10:14 PM

@hybridrainbow thanks πŸ˜ƒ

I haven't been playing pokemon recently so I had to look it up!
OH MY GOSH. it's so similar XD I swear I have never seen that pokemon before... o.O hahah

Deleted • 23 April 2014 at 10:18 PM

@lucywithdiamonds
Your version is so much cuter though πŸ˜‰
You're welcome!

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 10:24 PM

@hybridrainbow
you're so kind πŸ˜ƒ

Female
475 posts

andreita • 23 April 2014 at 11:15 PM

@lucywithdiamonds awww I loooove iiit! 😸

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 23 April 2014 at 11:35 PM

@andreita thanks so much!! 😊

Female
111 posts

animalinn • 25 April 2014 at 1:44 AM

Oh my gawd you are talented!! And it's very cute (: I like the antlers!!!! And the egg is beautiful...

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 25 April 2014 at 10:24 PM

@lucywithdiamonds
I love it! ❀️

@ian
This is an awesome creature, I would Really appreciate it if it became maybe a cave monthly. ^^

Female
221 posts

lucywithdiamonds • 25 April 2014 at 11:51 PM

@animalinn and @cleokitty

you guys are so nice!! ^^ thank you so much πŸ˜ƒ

pings from livepulse (sorry ☹️ )
@emilianagerson
@kiryko
@takochu
@fjhfjh