Melodia - Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think about Melodia? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 17 June 2014 at 8:46 AM

Here's a new #creatuesuggestion, Melodia:

http://i.imgur.com/Ua0XsRc.jpg?1

I have no description yet. Although, @mightyeglantine started one, or maybe details for the creature, and here it is:

- Colors: Translucent/gray.
- Native to deep in the oceans surrounding Ark.
- They use songs similar to those of whales to communicate and comfort their young.
- It is said that if one hears the song of a Melodia while diving they can become entranced and drown.
- Not enough researches have been done, and many things about Melodias are unknown.

#melodia #raitonchidori

Female
562 posts

awkolicious • 17 June 2014 at 9:25 PM

Perhaps it needs a description xD I like it.@raitonchidori
X3 weird ping

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 18 June 2014 at 7:18 AM

@awkolicious Yeah, but my English is terrible, and after all, Egg Cave almost never use users description, because they need to adapt it to the site purpose.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 18 June 2014 at 7:48 AM

@raitonchidori
Such a unique design, I like the name too ❤️

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 18 June 2014 at 7:50 AM

@fakeworld Thank you! ^^

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 18 June 2014 at 9:53 AM

@raitonchidori
Oh, and personally, I think it would look much better if you was to add a bit more detail to the creature itself.

Female
375 posts

chocovampire • 18 June 2014 at 10:01 AM

@raitonchidori Nice idea. Everyone who loves music will like it!
I personally think you can add some details like holding a music instrument in his hands.
I also like the egg.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 19 June 2014 at 11:48 AM

@fakeworld @chocovampire yes, I tried to add another stage before that one, but I coudln't make it as equal as the other, so I think the Egg Cave artist could do it him/herself. xD

Thank you for your comments! ^^

Female
878 posts

crystalstars • 19 June 2014 at 12:48 PM

I like it, it's "ethereal". Letterarly xD

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 19 June 2014 at 3:43 PM

@crystalstars haha, thank you ^^

Female
1,827 posts

poe • 19 June 2014 at 7:36 PM

@raitonchidori

I agree with adding more details to the creature. Maybe this won't make much sense, but it could use more shape since it looks a little squishy. Unless it was meant to be squishy. Which there is certainly no issue with. Lol now I'm thinking of Finding Nemo...

And you should colour it! Because colours.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 19 June 2014 at 7:51 PM

@poe I think it's to be squishy xD. And yeah, I hate colouring :/

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 20 June 2014 at 11:11 PM

@raitonchidori

I think this could only get better with an amazing coloration, it reminds me of a deep sea jellyfish like the kind that would glow, maybe it could have a coloration very similar to a Tasma, but instead of grey it could be a clear/translucent white/grey with a few visible internal organs or something.

Also they could be native to deep in the oceans surrounding Ark and use songs similar to those of whales to communicate and comfort their young, a myth in the desc could be " 'It is said that if one hears the song of a Melodia while diving they can become entranced and drown' as of yet thorough research has not been conducted."

These are just a few of my own ideas, but I dunno~

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 21 June 2014 at 12:32 PM

@mightyeglantine I really thought it as translucent, not only because I don't like coloring xD. And it's a great idea, and such as I don't have a description yet, I'll put yours, maybe other users change/increase it, thank you ^^

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 21 June 2014 at 2:31 PM

@raitonchidori
I like the idea and the name, but I think you should perhaps add a bit more detail to the creature?

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 21 June 2014 at 2:55 PM

@raitonchidori
No problem, I truly love the idea~

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 21 June 2014 at 2:56 PM

@bang14982 everybody is saying the same thing xD.
Yeah, I think the draw is too simple, but I think that's the idea. Well, if it be selected, then let the artists decide what is better, I just can't change it, for me, it is complete lol.