Creature Suggestion: Zmaj

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 15 July 2014 at 2:04 AM

#creaturesuggestion
#fjhfjh

Zmaj: http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/fjhfjhfjh/media/WaterDragon_zpsdc07d194.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Sorry its not colored, I will get a colored picture as soon as I finish it! I just wanted to get the basic idea out there for consideration.
I was going to color the wings black (they are supposed to be whispy and feathery, but they aren't feathers) and the body is going to be a dark blue with a green hue to it. The crown (don't know what else to call it) will get darker with each layer but the innermost one will be a bright blue. OPEN TO COLOR SUGGESTIONS!!

About Zmaj Eggs
Zmaj eggs feel jell-like but have a hard inner stone that contains the infant. The feather-like substance covering the egg is meant to conceal the egg from possible predators because Zmaj eggs are left and the hatched infants are not cared for.

More About the Zmaj
Related to the Oos, the Zmaj are rarely seen by Ark inhabitants because they prefer deep waters. While they are the prey of almost every creature in their youth, including adult Zmaj, once they are full grown they are nearly impossible to catch. Even of they are injured, they heal quickly because their entire life force is contained within their innermost crown.

Habitat: Ocean
Length: 8.2 m
Weight: 909.7 kg

I was hoping this might be a September CSP, but I understand it's probably a bit late for that. If not, then maybe January?

@mairbear
@dream-within-a-dream
@lovepuppies123
@spiritkoi
@newlife

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 15 July 2014 at 2:07 AM

@fjhfjh
Ooh that's pretty *w*

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 15 July 2014 at 11:09 AM

@fjhfjh Actually it might not be late! ^^ I hope it gets made!!

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 15 July 2014 at 12:45 PM

@fjhfjh Amazing! 😃 ❤️ I love it! 😸

Female
330 posts

lovepuppies123 • 15 July 2014 at 3:21 PM

@fjhfjh cool!

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 15 July 2014 at 3:41 PM

@newlife thank you!!! any suggestion about how to improve?

@spiritkoi /keeping me fingers crossed/

@rashka
@pudgyjr1998
@silver

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 15 July 2014 at 3:43 PM

@fjhfjh
When you color the wings, on places where it might hit 'sun', lightly color on that part of the wings with a white colored pencil. It makes it look pretty cool ^^
Just do it lightly enough so it looks natural, and not like it's part of it.

Female
1,422 posts

rashka • 15 July 2014 at 3:45 PM

@fjhfjh

simple and cute! 😊

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 15 July 2014 at 3:49 PM

@newlife
cool!! thanks!!! the zmaj is supposed to be a deep ocean dweller though c: I'll make sure I do the shading properly as I color it!! thank you!!!!

@rashka thanks!!

@poof
@shunskitten
@appleblizzard

Female
236 posts

shunskitten • 15 July 2014 at 3:53 PM

@fjhfjh
It's cool 😸 if it gets made I'd definitely want one 😸

Gender Fluid
2,100 posts

appleblizzard • 15 July 2014 at 3:53 PM

@fjhfjh cute.

Male
2,760 posts

fakeworld • 15 July 2014 at 5:49 PM

@fjhfjh It's really pretty, I love the shading of the wings; although I think the egg is plain. It doesn't necessarily suit the creature to me.