"Bumping"

in General

Female
40 posts

lollaugh • 19 August 2011 at 2:20 PM

@plantparadise bumpity bump bump!!!

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:20 PM

@whitefall No she couldnt have because she would rather publicly harrass me like before.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:21 PM

@bluegirl80
Oh, you blocked her?

@lollaugh
Please stop. The whole point of this thread is to stop bummping. >_<

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:23 PM

@whitefall No she was being childish and hurting my friends feelings so I stood up for them and she started harrassing us.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:24 PM

@lollaugh
Whatever you did, you hurt her feelings. Please stop posting here and leave. Otherwise I will report and block you. You are not supposed to communicate with people that blocked you on the Forums.

@bluegirl80
On your side. ;]

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:25 PM

@whitefall Im not Imotionally UNstable she just wants a reason.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:25 PM

@bluegirl80

I know.

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:26 PM

@whitefall Yup. She sotra reminds me of the user Zoosk. But more childish. 😋

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:26 PM

She's gone. Good.

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:28 PM

Yeah glad. 😃 Blocking her now.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:32 PM

@bluegirl80

You didn't block her before? D: *dang it* I just sent Ian a ticket...and I thought you blocked her before, and she was trying to contact you through the forums = nono. Agh. D: Oh well, it would've turned into a fight. 😋

@lollaugh

Just work it out through PM. >_< No need to talk here

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 19 August 2011 at 2:32 PM

Honestly, I don't see a problem in bumps. :/

I usually only bump trades, because what if someone posts a trading topic, and no one bumped, and it disappeared into the forums? They'd want to create another topic since the other one got 'lost', but apparently that would be 'spamming'. So people bump topics in hopes that they won't die and get lost. And honeslt,y if you have a problem with bumping, avoid it and ignore it instead of making it a problem, since some people seem to ENJOY bumping as well. And, honestly? I think if there was no bumping allowed, the livepulse would be dominated 24/7 by those dang roleplays. >_<

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 August 2011 at 2:33 PM

Can we try to keep on topic? Discussing other players can be taken to PM's so its not public.

Back on topic: I can see bumping topics in the trade section. But perhaps set a limit on how many times a day it can be done (maybe 1 or 2, definitely less than 10) and perhaps the trade thread can only be bumped by the creator of the thread. Also have the bump limit be total bumps a day not just bumps by one person, so the limit can't be gotten around by having multiple people bump the thread.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:36 PM

@orderedchaos

Or perhaps bumps can only be done if the topic is X days old, and does not have any posts?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 August 2011 at 2:37 PM

@whitefall That's another good idea. It would need some guidelines about how old and how many posts, but its a good idea.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:39 PM

In the end, it's all up to Ian. But I do hope Ian does something to stop bumping, or atleast minimize it. Maybe a blog post about it?

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 2:41 PM

I understand why people bump.
Sometimes its better if they bump so EVERYONE can see, instead of pinging people. Also, some people don't know as many people to ping on here. Others don't post in the forums anymore or dislike being pinged. ; u ;

Female
696 posts

lillia • 19 August 2011 at 2:41 PM

My important thread about suggestions was forgotten in few hours because of others bump thread, and I never bump my own thread.
But..
I don't think bump should be against rule.
It depend on how people uses bump I think.
But I don't think those should be bannable

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:43 PM

Bumoing is fine, but people bump too much. One bump would do the job, but people keep on bumping until the Livepulse is filled up with that topic.

If people don't learn to stop bumping, one of the ideas suggested may have to be implemented.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 August 2011 at 2:43 PM

True. I'm hoping that in the future we'll get some dedicated forum mods to help out and some clear rules as to what counts as forum spam and rule breaking. Perhaps a stickied (and locked) topic in each forum section with general rules and specific rules for each section (ex. Games might have a couple different rules than Roleplay or General Discussion, for instance).

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:45 PM

@orderedchaos

That's a good idea. Ian said if he decided to have mods, they'd have to be atleast 18 (or was it 21?). So they'll be experienced, and know right from wrong.

Female
134 posts

zinny • 19 August 2011 at 2:52 PM

@bluegirl80
Just ignore her; she's probably just a little girl.
@lollaugh
Please stay on topic.
@Whitefall
Thanks for getting back on topic. 😉 lol

@dreamer
How does this create a problem? O_o I am not attacking anyone or singling people out. This is for EVERYONE. I'm pretty sure most of us have "Bumped" a topic before. And honestly; I think the forums in "social and everything else" are always kept on topic; since it's social.😋

I'm just asking that if someone "Bumps" at least make it appropriate towards the discussion or at least the topic. When people begin to bump things in a row a "bump streak" that's annoying. If a suggestion dies. Then maybe no one is really that interested. Or like I stated before you could add to the discussion and ping people at the end.

This is Plantparadise btw, if you got confused. XD

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 2:54 PM

I hate how people bump active topics. It'll have 100+ posts and some will bump it. D:

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 19 August 2011 at 3:05 PM

@zinny
She's insulted a lot of people, I've seen on profiles and forums topics. She insulted me once, too. /:

I think bumping is fine, if the topic's in need of one. 😋
But I do admit, I think too many bumps in a row on active topics are a bad thing.

Female
134 posts

zinny • 19 August 2011 at 3:21 PM

@glados
I know; she claims that she is only trying to help people toughen up. But she isn't so tough when you attack her. Ehh, typical. Okay back on topic.

And I am not saying that all bumps are annoying; just the ones that are unnecessary.

Example 1:
Person one: "Bump"
Person two: "Bump"
Person tree: "Bumpitty bump bump"
Person four: "Bumpitty bump bumpppppp!"

^See how it creates a topic of it's own?^ Those are the ones that are annoying.

Example 2:
Person 1: "Yes I love this"
Person 2: "I agree! Love this"
Person 1 (Again): "Bump"
Person 4: *Thankful that there was *ONE* Bump* "I agree. Wouldn't have seen it with out the bump."

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 3:26 PM

@zinny

Yep, that's good. :]

Female
240 posts

plantparadise • 19 August 2011 at 4:11 PM

@Whitefall
Added your 2 suggestions

One where I couldn't think of a way Ian could implement that; ☚ī¸ So we are going to have our own boundaries or at least attempt to follow them.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 19 August 2011 at 4:17 PM

Yeah, but maybe he could announce it. It'll stop for a while. Or he could send out a notification every 20 days. o_o

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 19 August 2011 at 5:12 PM

I only bump peoples topics that are getting ignored and I feel like they need some love. Or I just bumped ~Creature Values~ on the trading board because I find it useful to refer to, and I was tired of going back a bazillion pages to find it. Plus I hope it gets updated. 😊