January Creature Suggestion: Avline

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Should the Avline be a:

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 4:16 PM

http://i60.tinypic.com/2eamk5e.jpg

(This is the first time I'm using this image-hosting site so please let me know if you have any problems seeing the picture!)

All artwork and descriptions were done by me.

Creature name: Avline (Pronounced ay-vleen). It's a mix of 'avian' and 'feline'.

Stage 1: 500 feeds
Stage 2: 1000 feeds
Stage 3: 2000 feeds

About Avline eggs:

Avline eggs are covered in a thick coat of soft, pure white fur that has a warm golden sheen when put in bright light. The wings that curl around the egg are not used for flight, but are instead used as a shield as the feathers are incredibly stiff and hard to break. Some have been tempted to take a feather or two from Avline eggs because of their beautiful golden shine, but all have failed to pry one loose.

Avline eggs have always been a mystery in Ark - nobody knows where they come from. They only appear after there has been heavy snowfall and it is considered a sign of great fortune ahead if one is lucky enough to find an Avline egg buried in the snow.

More about the Avline:

Young Avline are very small - about the size of a house cat. Their fur is pure white and incredibly soft, but be careful - even when they are young, Avline are very proud creatures and hate to be coddled.

As Avline grow older, they also grow in size. The largest Avline ever recorded had a wingspan of 10 meters, although there is much speculation that there are even larger wild Avline that have never been seen by any Ark citizen. Both male and female Avline grow manes, and as they mature the manes change from a pale gold to a vivid fiery orange. The roar of an Avline is a sound rarely heard, but it is said that those who do are overcome by a feeling of paralyzing fear.

Avline are incredibly intelligent and prideful creatures. Never make the mistake of assuming yourself above an Avline. With teeth that can reach 13 centimeters in size and claws that can tear a metal plate to shreds, an angry Avline is an unstoppable force. However, if an Avline is befriended, they will become incredibly loyal and will never leave your side.

😃 This is my first ever creature suggestion so feel free to add any ideas or suggestions that you think might make the description better!

Also pings would be appreciated ;P

@shun-m
@fjhfjh
@bang14982
@iceiceice
@vampire666

#creaturesuggestion
#Avline

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 23 August 2014 at 4:18 PM

@falling_silence - It's soooo cool! 😃

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 4:19 PM

@vampire666 Thank you! I'm glad you like it ❤️

Female
330 posts

lovepuppies123 • 23 August 2014 at 5:58 PM

@falling_silence hi just to make you sure, you can't ping more than five people cause they won't get the ping. So ping 5 people not a lot.... 😋

Pings:
@dream-within-a-dream
@hellhound
@kodakthewolf
@darexxis

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 23 August 2014 at 6:00 PM

@falling_silence Holy. Cow. ❤️ Its like a leroon but better! 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 ❤️ I LOVE IT! 😃

@dcmaster
@mishababy
@persipnei
@nattybug13

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 6:05 PM

@lovepuppies123

I didn't know that, thank you for telling me 😊

@dream-within-a-dream

Thank you! ❤️

@iceiceice
@arvak
@epicthings451

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 23 August 2014 at 8:04 PM

@falling_silence
It looks really nice! 😃

Deleted • 23 August 2014 at 8:10 PM

@falling_silence
IT'S A CREATURE SUGGESTION FOR MY BIRTH MONTH TAT OMAGOSH TAT I LOVE IT TAT SO MUCCCH *SPAZZ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
MUCH LOOOVE *^*
I REALLY HOPE THIS WILL BE MADE, I HAVE TO GET ONE OR TWO OF THIS *^*
GOOD LUCK BBY! *HUGS ❤️

*pings 😊)
@wereage
@yogurt
@hippy
@sarahzafirah
❤️

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 23 August 2014 at 8:12 PM

@falling_silence
Awesome creature. reminds me of the grypat first because of the wings but then I started to see the differences. It's a lionnnn! ❤️ hehe
Nice job!

@shun-m
THANKS FOR THE PING. ;D

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 8:17 PM

Sorry guys I won't be able to reply often because I'm at work but thank you so much for the great comments! ❤️

1,733 posts

sarahzafirah • 23 August 2014 at 8:24 PM

@falling_silence you have no idea how good your drawing is. *^* i ❤️ it!!

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 9:04 PM

@sarahzafirah

Omg thank you so much! ❤️ ❤️

Female
2,174 posts

Deleted • 23 August 2014 at 9:16 PM

@falling_silence OMG! It is so beautiful!!!😱 I want one!;u;❤️❤️❤️

@dream-within-a-dream thank you for showing me this beautiful creature, dream!;u; I hope this gets made, it is so worthy!!!;u;❤️❤️❤️

Deleted • 23 August 2014 at 9:18 PM

@falling_silence OMG this is amazing!!!!!

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 9:36 PM

@hellhound @kodakthewolf

I'm so glad you like it! ❤️ It would make me so happy if it were made, but even if it isn't it'll be worth it to hear all of the great things everyone is saying! 😃

Agender
277 posts

arty10 • 23 August 2014 at 9:56 PM

@falling_silence Awesome!!! I love it!!!

Pings:
@coolboy72595

102 posts

mishababy • 23 August 2014 at 10:11 PM

Oh God... So pretty... MUST... NOT... HOARD... This needs to be a thing. Like, NOW. O.O Very well done, huny! Best of luck, here's hoping this critter gets accepted! ❤️

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 10:50 PM

@shun-m

Yeah I thought January would be a good month because the eggs only show up after snowfall and where I live January is when we get most of our snow 😊

Pings:

@dcmaster
@immortalraven
@megadash

Deleted • 23 August 2014 at 10:54 PM

@falling_silence
BBY, IF THIS GETS MADE, I'D TOTALLY WANT ONE FOR MY BIRTHDAY TAT

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 23 August 2014 at 11:00 PM

@shun-m

I hope it does get made 😊

@arty10

Thank you! 😊

Pings:

@sleepyeyedsatyr
@asi
@thursdays_dove
@hai

1,122 posts

iceiceice • 24 August 2014 at 4:19 PM

@falling_silence

WOOOW~! Not only is the idea interesting, but the art is amazing! 😱

Love the 2nd stage

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 24 August 2014 at 5:00 PM

@iceiceice

Thank you! ❤️ The second stage was the hardest for me to draw because of that darn wing XD

Pings:

@takabakun
@epicthings451
@xxshadowclawxx

Male
42 posts

takabakun • 24 August 2014 at 5:10 PM

@falling_silence

Nice one....The first stage is so cute.

Male
148 posts

jaegis • 24 August 2014 at 7:31 PM

@falling_silence Lions are my favorite animal, so wings make it even better 😊

Female
115 posts

midinite • 24 August 2014 at 7:42 PM

@falling_silence Hah, I've always wished winged cats existed! ^-^ Coincidentally awesome. 😃

Transmasculine
115 posts

umbris • 25 August 2014 at 1:47 AM

@takabakun

Thank you! 😃

@jaegis

Yeah as I was coming up with the idea I was thinking, 'You know what would be more awesome than a lion? A lion with WINGS.' XD

@midinite

I love the idea of winged cats and wolves, but I know that there is already a winged wolf on Egg Cave and I didn't want it to seem too similar to an existing creature so I went with a lion instead 😊

Female
479 posts

aardbeix3 • 25 August 2014 at 1:56 PM

@falling_silence I voted cash shop.
I really like this one, very well drawn!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 25 August 2014 at 2:53 PM

@falling_silence Love it, love it, love it!! I voted cave monthy for selfish reasons but it looks like a CSP.

@hellhound
@immortalraven
@fjhfjh
@spirithawk

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 25 August 2014 at 4:04 PM

@falling_silence
Usually not a big fan of cat types (unless it's a tiger cause I call my boyfriend that xD) BUT I LOVE THIS ONE ❤️ Last is my favorite and usually I like lower stages most also like egg and 1st stage. c: Voted cave monthly even though most likely a CC critter xD But ugh CC critters be so expensive xD So sorry if ya wanted it to be a CC but cause all the cave monthly votes it becomes a cave monthly x3