Diamondelle's Rousel Club

in User Contests & Giveaways

How many Rousels are you willing to donate? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 27 November 2014 at 3:00 AM

@sparklefox accepted!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

The best Ending to the Story
First of All, Happy first December! Second of All, here is our 1st contest! What a coincidence!

So all you have to do is finninsh this story. The best ending wins!

I checked the clock on my bedside table. It was midnight. I knew what would happen very soon. Another soul from our neighbourhood would disappear leaving only their petrified screams to ring through the hollow trees of the wood in my back garden. I think you are confused so I will tell you what happened before this day...

As usual, I sat in my comfy chair at home with my twin sister Indigo and Mum. It was then that our mother decided that we can handle our lives by ourselves. She drove us to an unfamiliar place and left us there. I had to drag Indigo up the hill for her to accept that there was no going back. Anyway, the house that was now occupied by the Twins Ivory and Indigo Mays wasn’t as lovely as home. Its windows were off their hinges, the floorboards were rusty and the ceiling looked like it would collapse. Yeah not the best of places to live. But we cleared up a little and now the house is gleaming. Now the thing was, our neighbours living at the bottom of the hill didn’t like our presence. Well, they didn’t like mine. There was something about me that was unsettling for them.

Some time on, I heard a knock on our door. Indigo went to open it as I was busy making dinner at the time. 10 minutes had passed and my instinct told me that there was something wrong with Indigo as she hadn’t returned. I walked to the door, heart in my throat. Now I was staggering. The picture that was waiting for me at the end of the hallway tore my already sore heart to pieces.

My poor twin sister was lying in a pool of crimson blood oozing slowly from her still chest. Her blue eyes once alight were glassy and the curly blond locks seemed too static to be hers. Kneeling down, I cried silently. The only thing that the murderer left was a grand mirror with extremely sharp spikes engraved onto the frame which was lying on the ground.

Not knowing what to do next, I stood up onto the curb and watched my shadow stand in the mirror. The shadow disappeared and somehow I was falling through the mirror.

Post the story and the ending next! I would love to see these and the final closing date will be Friday the 5th of December. HAVE FUN!

@sparklefox
@heather519
@ahgirltc
@crisrs

281 posts

dugarjzlafreohr • 3 December 2014 at 12:55 PM

@appleblizzard

I checked the clock on my bedside table. It was midnight. I knew what would happen very soon. Another soul from our neighbourhood would disappear leaving only their petrified screams to ring through the hollow trees of the wood in my back garden. I think you are confused so I will tell you what happened before this day...

As usual, I sat in my comfy chair at home with my twin sister Indigo and Mum. It was then that our mother decided that we can handle our lives by ourselves. She drove us to an unfamiliar place and left us there. I had to drag Indigo up the hill for her to accept that there was no going back. Anyway, the house that was now occupied by the Twins Ivory and Indigo Mays wasn’t as lovely as home. Its windows were off their hinges, the floorboards were rusty and the ceiling looked like it would collapse. Yeah not the best of places to live. But we cleared up a little and now the house is gleaming. Now the thing was, our neighbours living at the bottom of the hill didn’t like our presence. Well, they didn’t like mine. There was something about me that was unsettling for them.

Some time on, I heard a knock on our door. Indigo went to open it as I was busy making dinner at the time. 10 minutes had passed and my instinct told me that there was something wrong with Indigo as she hadn’t returned. I walked to the door, heart in my throat. Now I was staggering. The picture that was waiting for me at the end of the hallway tore my already sore heart to pieces.

My poor twin sister was lying in a pool of crimson blood oozing slowly from her still chest. Her blue eyes once alight were glassy and the curly blond locks seemed too static to be hers. Kneeling down, I cried silently. The only thing that the murderer left was a grand mirror with extremely sharp spikes engraved onto the frame which was lying on the ground.

Not knowing what to do next, I stood up onto the curb and watched my shadow stand in the mirror. The shadow disappeared and somehow I was falling through the mirror.

Everyone had heard the old legends. The ones about mirrors stealing souls or trapping spirits. Even sometimes being portals to the spirit world. All that ridiculous superstitious stuff. I felt about an inch high when I was beginning to realize there might have been something to those silly superstitions after all…

I looked back toward where I’d come from, and I realized that I could still see Indigo. Her golden hair showing through the mirror’s surface. She’d always been the pretty one between us. The lovely swan to my ugly, awkward duckling. My hair had never shined like hers had. Always the dull matte of ash blond instead of brilliant gold like hers. That about described how we were. Twins, yes. But we couldn’t have been more different for all that we’d loved each other.

As I looked at her, it quickly became unnerving how very much she looked like a porcelain doll. Like one she had owned when we were younger. Mother had bought it for her. Because girls deserved pretty things. I’d been given a ball the same day. Boys liked sports that involved balls, right? But what good was a ball with no one to kick or throw it to? Indigo’s doll had been perfect on its own.

I broke myself out of my memories hastily. I wasn’t safe yet. Certainly not inside the mirror. I reached for my sister and I was utterly shocked when it worked how I’d hoped. I climbed out of the mirror, admittedly pretty graceless as I more fell than anything else getting out of it. The shock must have been wearing off fast, because anger burned red hot in my chest. Flushed my face and turned my complexion all ruddy. I had to find her killer. There was no other option.

I built a funeral pyre behind the house for my sister. If one legend had come true, I wasn’t going to chance others. The smell was something I will never forget. Something I would come to cling to when I would run out of steam or begin to think the hunt for Indigo’s killer was just… useless. I’d taken the mirror inside and covered it. Covered every reflective surface in the house. But the mirror… every so often I’d look inside. To try to find the one responsible, though it was pretty stupid to do. I wouldn’t have known what to do if I’d removed the sheet from the mirror and seen a face that wasn’t mine staring back.

Before long I started going into the mirror. Looking through that world and coming through to other places. Other mirrors that were left uncovered. Searching. I wouldn’t stop searching. I owed it to Indigo. I owed it to myself. To give that retribution for taking the only person I had left.

That was how I became a hunter. Anything of a legend or myth or stupid superstition that just… happened to be real and happened to be hurting people. I hunted it down and killed it. Hoping that by doing that it might get me closer to what killed Indigo. I’m still looking. Sometimes there are leads and other times there aren’t. But I help those in danger along the way, and sometimes I even think… Indigo might like that better. Better than revenge. Making a difference to other people. She had always been like that. I still don’t know whether I am or not. I guess I might find out along the way.

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 10 December 2014 at 2:20 AM

@heather519
@chloelove

guys please post, i need some competition in here!

Female
362 posts

heather519 • 10 December 2014 at 2:31 AM

@appleblizzard

Sorry bby ❤️ I've been hooked up with school :/ I have an inquiry I have to do 😋 so I might not be able to compete in this contest! ❤️ sorry ❤️ hope you understand 😊 and my friends are going through things, and I'm trying to help them 😊❤️

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 10 December 2014 at 2:35 AM

@appleblizzard

sorry I'm not in the club remember...no rousel

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 10 December 2014 at 3:06 AM

@heather519 oh alright

@chloelove oh yeah sorry. ☹️