Egg Cave Ettique for Newbies

in General

2,591 posts

celeste • 25 August 2011 at 7:56 AM

Welcome to Egg Cave! It's a wide, friendly community full of people who care for each other and are best friends! 😊 However, although some behaviour is forgivable, there is a fine line between what is acceptable for newbies and what is not. If you choose to ignore these rules, sooner or later you're going to be classified as a n00b, so you should better be careful!

Acceptable behaviour for people who are 1 week and younger:
-Begging
-Confusing values
-Not being able to get yourself around Egg Cave
-Asking for help
-Some forms of spamming
Unacceptable behaviour for such people:
-Getting rares very rapidly
-Spamming excessively
-Rudely begging for rares

Once you get to one month, all of this behaviour is unacceptable, and you're expected to get your way across. You can still ask for help, but try to find it out first, so then you're independent. After all, you need to get in line yourself 😉

Female
375 posts

chocovampire • 25 August 2011 at 8:00 AM

agree

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 25 August 2011 at 8:04 AM

I agree ^^
Okay, so I'm a little beggy, well I mean by asking if a certain critter(s) are enought for a certain critter..but I'm not rude 😸
Chloekins just said I'm a little beggy xD

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 25 August 2011 at 9:06 AM

I agree with all of this, except for one thing.
Personally, I don't think begging is ever acceptable.

Female
254 posts

swymr_krys • 25 August 2011 at 9:45 AM

I agree with @dragonstorm78. I really don't think begging is acceptable at any point in time.

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 25 August 2011 at 9:56 AM

I personally don't see the problem with new users getting rare creatures. That just means they're good at trading and have likely already found friends who help them get around.

Also I don't think begging is ever acceptable.

The rest, I agree with 😸

Deleted • 25 August 2011 at 10:16 AM

I'm still newer than 1 week, but I don't do anything on the list (I think.) A lot of people keep saying I beg and trade unfairly because they don't understand my comments. Like, I'll say, "Can I have a Roo, Florn, Olimpt or Drakomo for my Nym and Mo?" and they'd say back. "What a begger. That's WAY too many eggs!" But I only meant 1-2 of them, but they think I mean ALL of the eggs I listed.

UNFAIR ☚ī¸

AND IT TAKES 300 YEARS UNTIL I CAN EXPLAIN IT TO THEM, BECAUSE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT, EITHER!!!!! ☚ī¸ BLAHOFHDGIUNYNT8G~

Female
147 posts

roversydneygirl • 25 August 2011 at 4:42 PM

Oh I'm sorry @akarikitty

I second all of this, though. Anyone third?

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 25 August 2011 at 4:53 PM

What's wrong with getting rares quickly? 😋

And why is it unacceptable to ask for help once you reach one month?

And I personally think it's not okay to beg, even for new people.

I understand that it shouldn't be too hard to find your way around Egg Cave, but it's not unacceptable if you have some trouble, is it?

Sorry for criticizing so much. 😋 Although this is very helpful, I have to say I disagree with most of the list. Don't take it the wrong way--I don't mean to offend at all. I just don't think it's right to judge people by their account age. ^^

Being new isn't an excuse for breaking the rules, and being old doesn't mean it's not okay to have some trouble. 😉

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 25 August 2011 at 4:56 PM

@ladybugheart I understand the Getting Rares Very Rapidly part.

It's sort of suspicious. It makes you think they're a scammer or something. 😋

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 25 August 2011 at 5:02 PM

@cresentfeather

If they're a scammer, that's definitely unacceptable. xD But if they're not, then I don't see a problem. 😋

I get rares rapidly sometimes. xD I admit it can be a little annoying at first when someone really new has a ton of rares, but if they didn't do anything wrong, I'm not going to get on their case. =3

I think being a noob depends more on behavior than creatures. 😋

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 25 August 2011 at 5:10 PM

I agree with @ladybugheart

Getting rares rapidly isn't really suspicious if they find the right eggs to trade (Mo, asteroid, etc.), so that's not unacceptable... if it's suspicious that's why there's a report button.

And these...

-Confusing values
-Not being able to get yourself around Egg Cave
-Asking for help

are not allowed when you get to one month...? I mean... no one's perfect 0_0

I would just say that if they are begging, and someone alerts them to that, then it's forgiven, but if they do it again, then a penalty is inflicted. Spamming is spamming... it's common sense not to do it 😉

I kinda disagree with this whole list except the spamming and rudely begging part. :/ Although most of my issue with it is just wording problems 😋

2,591 posts

celeste • 25 August 2011 at 6:28 PM

@lizard feather
Getting like ultra-rares (eg. Roo, Florn) can be very unacceptable, especially if they begged/had a tragic story. Our hearts have sympathy to those in need, and people like to play on this sympathy. I mean, though, this account is an exception, my Onny was won in a giveaway, and transferred from my old account. As well as that, it could be a well-mannered oldie pretending to be a newbie, begging.

And I meant that when they're 1 month old they're expected to know Egg Cave enough to not need any foreign assistance. I mean *cough* I'm like 2 months old, but understood those values at 1 month. And I'm REALLY not adaptable. And Egg Cave is a small site; there is also a FAQ section.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 25 August 2011 at 6:37 PM

I just made something like this.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 26 August 2011 at 1:06 AM

There is nothing wrong with getting rare creatures. Old users aren't any more privileged than new users--it's perfectly acceptable for both to get rares. Some people earn theirs, while others get gifted by some nice person. Either way is fine. A user might receive a lot of Cave Cash, and use it to trade for an Onny, while another might spend months looking for creatures to trade for one. This doesn't mean the new user did anything wrong; they simply found the right things to trade. I don't see how you getting your Onny is any different.

From you examples, however, I think you're saying that scamming to get rare creatures is unacceptable. If that's the case, it definitely is. However, just because someone gets a rare creature doesn't mean they're a scammer. ^^

When I was one month old, I knew quite a lot about Egg Cave. But that doesn't mean I didn't need help sometimes--or even now. I don't expect anyone, no matter how old, to be perfect and never need help. 😉

2,591 posts

celeste • 26 August 2011 at 1:29 AM

@ladybugheart
But I still doubt that newbies can trade CC creatures for an Onny. Just saying! 😊 As well as that, I wrote this in quite the hurry. So, then I'll just make a guide on what newbies should do, and tell them not to try for sympathy.

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 26 August 2011 at 2:33 AM

I'm barely a week old but I'm learning a lot 😃
I don't think I've done begging... but then again I have a faulty memory
If I have, at least it isn't for extra rare eggs or more than twice
Anyways I hope everyone reads this forum
Mainly because everywhere in the internet, there will always be at least one person who will break the rules

Meanwhile...

Bump!

Deleted • 26 August 2011 at 4:06 AM

I've been here almost two years and I ask for help on critter values, so I don't over offer or make the person I'm trading with over offer