The World At Large {Literate RP}

in Roleplaying

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 23 June 2015 at 11:21 PM

{Introduction}
The planet Earth has been plagued by creatures for years, not your average creatures like lions and tigers and bears. No creatures like those of nightmares, vampires, werecreatures, shapeshifters, and various other creatures of the like.
For the longest time groups of people would hunt down these creatures when they caused trouble and banished them to a realm known as Purgatory, through charms enchanted by a Sorceress. Purgatory was where the creatures dwelled, occasionally a small portal would open and allow some of these beasts to travel through into our realm and cause damage.
But recently a new breed of creatures has found their way out of Purgatory, a species known as Leviathans, a volatile creature bent on pure destruction of life as it was. The Leviathans had no known way to incapacitate them in order to send them back, so the Leviathans were then able to open the gates to the lowest realms, Hades and release the demons that dwelled there.
But in retaliation the gates to the highest realm was opened respectively, and then Angels soon joined the battle.
And so three sides came into the battle, and everyone was allowed to pick a side, be it the one their kind created or one they found more favorable.

{About the Realms}
There are four realms known to us at this present time.
The highest realm known as Heaven, home to the Angels, righteous beings who tend to stay out of affairs of the mid-realms, only stirred from their watchings when Demons become involved in the battles. As it stands Angels are the only ones known to be able to traverse from the Highest Realm to the Mid-Realm Earth and only choose to do so sparingly.

The first of the mid-realms is known as Earth, home to humans, the realm under siege by the supernatural creatures.

The second of the mid-realms is Purgatory, this realm is home to the Supernatural creatures and the only way to enter or exit is through portals randomly opened up that link it with its sister realm Earth. It is possible to force an opening into this realm, but that portal only works to send the creatures back to Purgatory and is only able to be created by a Sorcerer or Sorceress.

The lowest realm is known as Hades, this realm is home to Demons, beings barred from the peaceful Afterlife and forced into eternal suffering. Only Demons are allowed to traverse to the Mid-Realm of Earth from Hades, and even then it is only if a portal is opened first.

{Types of Creatures}

~Angels: Angels are powerful beings but they require a vessel-a human they possessed-in order to fight. When not in a vessel they appear as a wispy cloud like shape, glowing brightly. They can be any color ranging from white down to yellow, to bright oranges, pinks and light blues, when in their natural form.
The wings of angels are easily able to be hidden from view and the Angel can shift them in and out of view of humans on will when they choose to. Their wings always match the color of their natural form. In order to fly an angel must have their wings fully visible. The wings of an angel are typically very large, spanning from either 2-3.5 times larger than the height of the human possessed. Wings are always feathery wings.
The power of an angel include telekinisis, manipulation of light, teleportation, flight and a unique ability to only be killed when stabbed with a rune infused blade.
When making an angel you must use one of these names for one of theirs, as well as making up a vessel name for them. All names with an asterisk on the left hand side are in use.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kIiIHeOXaesLC_Kech7AzS_syELPmyhhryHxOSNVUU4/edit?usp=sharing

~Shape-Shifters: Creatures able to take on the shape of other human beings, granted they have a sample of their DNA. Shape-Shifters are sneaky creatures, and aren’t all that dangerous, but they tend to damage the lives of those whose form they take.
These creatures are able to be beaten using silver or iron bindings.

~Werecreatures: Humans able to take on the form of an animal. Werecreatures are cursed with this ability either by birth or being born into a werecreature line. They are able to shift between their animal form and their human form at will except on the Full or New Moon. The Full moon they are forced to become their animal for the duration of the night, and the two nights before and two nights after when the moon is almost full as well. On New Moons werecreatures are unable to shift at all, as the moon is unable to be seen. As with the full moon the two days before and two days after they are unable to shift as well with the moon being practically unseen as well.
Werecreatures are able to be beaten using silver.

~Leviathans: Humanoid creatures, they bleed black sludge and can take on the shape of other humans if they have their DNA. It is unknown on what can harm a Leviathan, but it is believed that the blades that can harm angels and demons work, but no one has tried.
Leviathans are ruthless and uncaring creatures. They have two sets or razor sharp teeth and are known to eat most of everything they don’t like.

~Vampires: Vampires are creatures with razor sharp teeth who feast upon the blood of other creatures. They are fast, smart, highly sensitive to light, and agile creatures. They can choose to consume animal blood or human blood-be it taken or donated.
A vampire is able to be beaten by taking off the head or using iron bindings.

~Sorcerers: Humans studied in the ways of magic. They can cast spells and enchantments when given the proper tools. They aid the Hunters

~Demons: Demons are powerful beings requiring a vessel to fight. When not in a vessel the appear as smoke like clouds in colors ranging from black to gray, to dark blue, to deep orange and greens, this is known as their natural form.
Demons, unlike most believe, do indeed have wings although they are significantly smaller than those of angels. These wings can span from 1.5 to 2.5 times the height of their human vessel, match their natural form and are feather wings. The wings can be hidden from sight much as those of angels, but when in flight are visible.
Their powers are similar to those of Angels, having telekenisis, teleportation, flight and an ability to survive wounds inflicted upon them unless an enchanted blade or enchanted gun is used. But unlike Angels and their ways with light, demons are able to manipulate the shadows.
When using a demon one of these names must be used alongside a name for the vessel. All names with an asterisk on the left hand side are in use.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LDRZp0Ag6Vk-BKFSWjudxyw3cdQQVoNCFpqvlz3lEUY/edit?usp=sharing

{Rules}
~No God-modding or Sue’s.
~Have fun.
~Be literate and post at least two proper sentences per post.
~Only about 3-5 people are being accepted into this RP so it is necessary that you make at least TWO characters to start.
~For Angels and Demons, you MUST use one of those names in keeping with the lore on them.
~Understand that there will be fighting, your characters can die but only if there is some details to a fight before hand. You can’t just immediately get rid of a character you don’t like.
~There is no character limit, just try and keep genders even
~If you’re read all the rules put your characters favorite color in other
~Sample RP only needed for first form
~Violence and bloodshed is to kept to a bare minimum
~Keep drama to almost nothing
~No major plots without my consent.
~Everything on the forms is required.
~Separate forms for every character.

{Forms}
{For Humans/Vampires/Shape-Shifters/Leviathans/Werecreatures/Sorcerers}
Name:
Looks:
Past:
Personality:
Weapon of Choice:
Back-Up Weapon:
Species:
Side{Demons, Angels or Neutral}:
Friends:
Enemies:
Other:
Sample RP:

{For Angel/Demon}
Name:
Vessel Name:
Natural Form Color:
Vessel Looks:
Personality:
Species:
Past{Vessel Only}:
Weapon of Choice:
Back-Up Weapon:
Side{Demons, Angels, Neutral}:
Friends:
Enemies:
Other:
Sample RP:

I will post my forms tomorrow.

#FeatherStormRP

Trans Male
874 posts

quillbunny • 24 June 2015 at 2:00 PM

@featherstar_stormclan
Do we also create a human vessel for a human/demon?

Interested in joining, possibly creating a Shape-Shifter, a Sorceress, and a Demon...

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 24 June 2015 at 11:10 PM

@quillbunny Well the form for demons/angels is different from the others it's the second form and you have to have a vessel, clouds of smoke can't really do any harm.

My Forms: {Sample RP in no way related to this, just needed to post one. Enjoy.}
{For Angel/Demon}
Name: Zepar
Vessel Name: Cole Clarkson
Natural Form Color: Deep crimson colored.
Vessel Looks: Cole is about five foot seven, with close cut black hair, lightly tanned skin, hazel eyes and a slightly crooked nose.
The wings of Zepar are about 2.5 times Cole's height.
Vessel Age: 18
Personality: He’s a cunning and secretive person often manipulating his friends into doing his dirty work. He’s bold in his ways, often doing a specific job to make a sort of statement.
Species: Demon
Past{Vessel Only}: Before being possessed Cole lived a normal life, he was going to college studying to be an archeologist before everything happened. He helped out his half-sister with her job-as she was a hunter-by providing tools and searching things up for her.
But she fell out of touch just after the Leviathans entered this plane and he wasn’t able to communicate with her before possession.
Weapon of Choice: Sickles.
Back-Up Weapon: Scythe.
Side{Demons, Angels, Neutral}: Demons
Friends: None
Enemies: Jake/Tzadkeil
Other: Blue
Sample RP:
Her head pounded as she glanced back behind her. The blood roared in her ears and a pain ripped up her legs and she tore across the flat stretch of ground behind her.
It wasn't supposed to end up like this, she wasn't supposed to be chased to her death as she faked it. But the knights weren't going to allow her to leave without a fight, yet they didn't know who she was. They didn't know the power she help-even if she didn't have her magic-but she was different now.
Now she needed to run.

Name: Darrien Collins
Looks: Darrien is about five foor four with long brunette hair and hazel eyes.
She has a tan complexion and typically wears fancy shirts and pants.
Past: Darrien lived the life of a hunter alongside her half-brother Jake taking down swarms of creatures, and they worked better than most would expect. But once the Leviathans showed up Darrien went off the grid, vanishing completely from the hunting life for weeks at a time until her brother was lost. At that point she realized she needed to stand up and fight for him back.
Personality: She's brave, caring and generally very brave. She does have her faults though, and she tends to be over-protective of her family and friends.
Weapon of Choice: Blunt ended staff
Back-Up Weapon: Baseball bat
Species: Human
Side{Demons, Angels or Neutral}: Angels
Friends: Jake Collins
Enemies: None
Other: Green
Sample RP:
See first form.

{For Angel/Demon}
Name: Tzadkiel
Vessel Name: Jake Collins
Natural Form Color: Crystal Blue
Vessel Looks: Jake is around five foot seven with short raven black hair and blue eyes. He has lightly tanned skin and his hair is slightly messy.
He wears suits, regular clothing, and basically anything that he deems fit for that day.
Vessel Age: 19
Personality: He's very caring and noble, hopeful and classy. he's more out-going much more of a people person that he seems, and he's always excited.
He's dead loyal to his friends, and will do anything to keep them safe.
Past{Vessel Only}: Before possession Jake was a hunter alongside his sister Darrien. They worked well as a team, but once leviathans started showing up his sister went off the grid for weeks at a time, eventually she just stopped showing up.
At that point the Angels had taken to Earth as well and Jake was one of the first to be possessed.
Weapon of Choice: Sword
Back-Up Weapon: His hands
Side{Demons, Angels, Neutral}: Angels
Friends: Darrien Collins
Enemies: Cole/Zepar
Other: Purple
Sample RP:
See first form.

{For Angel/Demon}
Name: Af
Vessel Name: Alyss Clarkson
Natural Form Color: Orange
Vessel Looks: Alyss is about six foot four with short cut dirty blond hair and blue gray eyes. The girl has a very pale complexion and a smattering of freckles on her face and arms.
She usually wears a simple black shirt and regular jeans as well as a short black chained necklace bearing a double ouroboros.
Vessel Age: 18
Personality: She's withdrawn, quiet and observant. She prefers to watch rather than interact, and as such she isn't one to make friends easily, but this is also due to Af wanting to stay as hidden as possible from other Angels and Demons.
When she does befriend someone she is dead loyal to them, often keeping them close and protecting them until one of them dies.
Past{Vessel Only}: Before possession Alyss was a hunter, getting occasional help on her hunts from her brother. She worked hard up until the leviathans showed up at which point she fell out of touch with most people and shortly after she was possessed.
Weapon of Choice: Bow and arrow
Back-Up Weapon: Throwing knives
Side{Demons, Angels, Neutral}: Neutral
Other: Burnt Orange
Sample RP:
See first form.

Deleted • 3 July 2015 at 11:37 AM

@featherstar_stormclan I would love to join, but I just have one question. I noticed that in the forms for humans and vampires etc., there's no spot to specify what your character is. Like whether they are a human, werecreature, etc. Are we just going to roleplay that out or should we put it in the other section? I'm sorry if this has a very obvious answer, I tend to miss things like that quite often. xD

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 3 July 2015 at 11:50 PM

@dramatic I completely forgot to add that in to both forms. I made the forms at like 3 A.M, so I apologize for that. I'm adding it now thanks for notifying me.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 7 August 2015 at 3:29 PM

@featherstar_stormclan I will fill in the rest later.
{Forms}
Name: Vidia
Looks: Tall with pale skin and piercing green eyes. Vidia has short black hair that comes to her chin, and she is rather nicely filled out. She usually wears hoodies, jeans, and cobat boots.
Past: Her whole family was killed by Leviathans, and she barely got out only with a long gash on her leg. Vidia ran away to an orphanage where she was abused terribly. She escaped from there too, and now travels around the land, killing monsters.
Personality: Dark, clever, and ambitious.
Weapon of Choice: A large stylish sword.
Back-Up Weapon: A knife
Friends: None, she is very hard to get through to.
Enemies: Mmm, except the monsters, nope.
Other: Dark purple
Sample RP: "MOM! DAD!" I yelled, frantically from under the table.

"Sweetly, I need you to run now. Okay?" My mother yelled as the Leviathan bit down on her legs. "I need you to run-AHH! Run!"

It was the last word my mother would say as she was slurped up by the monster. Now, the monster turned towards me, and flipped the table off of me. Terrified, I turned around to run away and it flashed out a claw leaving a long gash on my leg.

But, I didn't care that my leg felt like it was on fire. I just ran.

{Forms}
Name: Anise (Ah-ny-ehs)
Looks: She is of medium height with caramel colored skin, dark red hair that comes to her waist, and pretty light blue eyes. Anise usually wears tank tops and tee-shirts with jeans or shorts.
Past: Anise grew up in a abusive household where anything she did good or bad earned her a punishment. Her friends at school told her to call the authotities, and dome did it for her. But it didn't change much, so she ran away and is now fighting on the angel side.
Personality: Moody, adventourous, and a bit dark at times.
Weapon of Choice: Battle-axe
Back-Up Weapon: A large gun
Friends: Anise has loads of friends
Enemies: Besides her parents, nope
Other: Pink
Sample RP:

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 7 August 2015 at 6:13 PM

@leafdapple769 alright. Just ping me when they're done.

Female
127 posts

chocolatechip • 8 August 2015 at 2:59 AM

@featherstar_stormclan

Werecrow
Name: Nawat
Looks: As a crow he has a scar along his left wing, as a human he has dark shaggy hair and equally dark eyes, along with a tall, almost too skinny body and the scar stretching from left shoulder blade to elbow.
Past: Spends most of his time as a crow, and one day sought a way to amuse himself. He came across a lady who had just put her laundry out to dry, so he dragged some of it through the mud and put others on her roof. Little did he know the lady was a sorceress, and she threw magic at him, giving him a scar. He was captured and is forced to do her bidding, but never lost his taste for mischief. No one knows if he was human or crow first.
Personality: Dark, mischievous, speaks little as possible.
Weapon of Choice: Dagger. Thrown or held, doesn't matter.
Back-Up Weapon: Fists/feet/claws/beak.
Species: Werecrow
Side{Demons, Angels or Neutral}: Neutral, but fights with his sorceress.
Other: Bends words and their meaning, and has no attachment good or bad to his sorceress. Favorite color is dark green.
Sample RP:
After a whole week of nothing but chores and busywork, his boredom topped, and he started coming up with plans to escape and annoy the sorceress on the way out, while also leaving her with no way of finding him. He tugged absent-minded at the magic ring around his crow ankle as he thought. The tricky part wasn't so much the escape part, but the part about staying alive...

Sorceress
Name: Calliope
Looks: 5'8", blue hair dark enough to pass as black. Green eyes with flecks of red if you look close enough. Skin the color of sand, but some spots have seen more sun than others. Incredible curves, but wears simple clothes, so this goes unnoticed.
Past: She showed promise with magic as a girl, so her parents sent her to school to learn. They were killed just before she graduated, and she decided two things then and there:
1) She would never die at the hands or claws of someone else.
2) She would have her revenge.
Personality: Driven, no tolerance for nonsense when there is something better to do, with a sarcastic sweet overtone when she is annoyed. Mature, especially for her age.
Weapon of Choice: Ice, preferably, but the elements in general.
Back-Up Weapon: Bow and arrow (poison tipped always on hand)
Side{Demons, Angels or Neutral}: Angels, but not for their cause. Just for revenge.
Friends: Nawat
Enemies: Nawat
Other: Does everything to make herself look older, but claims her age doesn't bother her. Favorite color is purple, all shades.
Sample RP:
She looked at the crow, who in turn looked at her. His gaze had no emotion, not even fear as a normal crow would. She shifted her vision to read his aura, and smiled at the endless possibilities the caged creature in front of her had brought. "I know what you are," she whispered to the werecrow "and I know what you can do." She left the crow with that thought, but saw no change of expression in his eyes.

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 8 August 2015 at 3:09 AM

@chocolatechip Please re-read the rules your forms are missing something. And the category of turning into an animal would fall under Werecreature.

Female
127 posts

chocolatechip • 8 August 2015 at 3:26 AM

@featherstar_stormclan

Okay, it should all be fixed.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 8 August 2015 at 7:31 AM

@featherstar_stormclan I finished my forms!!

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 8 August 2015 at 2:25 PM

@leafdapple769 @chocolatechip both accepted.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 8 August 2015 at 2:47 PM

@featherstar_stormclan Thanks! 😃

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 13 August 2015 at 12:29 AM

@leafdapple769 @chocolatechip I'll make the Role-play thread right now.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 28 August 2015 at 8:49 PM

@featherstar_stormclan yoooo

Name: Emmy Wiatt

Looks: Emmy is a fairly curvy girl, weighing 173lbs and standing at 5'5" tall. Her curly, dark brown hair is cut in a short bob that comes just below her chin, and her eyes are a light caramel brown. Emmy has a round, freckly face and fairly straight teeth. She wears cargo pants, combat boots, and the most practical shirts she can find. Emmy has a black tattoo of a small, twisted willow tree that curls around her left forearm.

Past: Emmy graduated high school with a fairly high GPA (she can't remember what it was anymore) moved out into her own apartment with her girlfriend, and was getting ready to go to college when the war broke out. She was separated from all her friends and family from her past, and has been searching for her girlfriends and trying to stay alive. Both the Angels and Demons seem sketchy, so Emmy likes to say she's fighting for the humans.

Personality: For the most part, Emmy used to be rather shy. However, that changed when the war broke out. Emmy is prepared to do what she has to to survive, though she still remains somewhat shy, and surprisingly polite. Emmy is a kind person at heart, but the war has forced her into doing things she normally wouldn't.

Weapon of Choice: A wooden baseball bat with nails embedded in it so it does more damage.
Back-Up Weapon: She keeps a lot of knives around, and packs a .22 handgun, though the gun is currently out of ammo.
Side{Demons, Angels or Neutral}: Neutral
Friends: Doesn't currently have any that she can contact
Enemies: None, really, and she doesn't like making any. Unless, of course, they try and kill her.
Other: pastel blue
Sample RP: here's a little bit from a fic I was writing

Courfeyrac breaks.
It's not until they nearly lose Combeferre to the Infection, but really, Enjolras should've seen this coming. Courf had always seemed unbreakable; always the optimist and always the one to break a painful silence with a bright smile and a good joke. He'd been the one to slowly gather enough supplies to make s'mores for last week. Enjolras remembers his face when they'd found the marshmallows fondly. Courfeyrac isn't smiling now.
"Do you actually think we're going to get out of this mess?" He yells, advancing towards Enjolras. Grantaire's watching passively from the corner of the room, and Combeferre's standing beside him. The latter looked concerned, but didn't make a move to intervene. Grantaire doesn't look too shaken, but then again, nothing had seemed to affect him very deeply since Eponine's death. Enjolras' heart aches at the thought, but Courf's yelling snaps him back to the present.
#emscharacters

Female
2,347 posts

featherstar_stormclan • 28 August 2015 at 8:51 PM

@ems All checks out. You are good to jump in. Here's the link:
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/55985

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 28 August 2015 at 8:52 PM

@featherstar_stormclan hEck yeah. thanks!