Item Collection Improvement

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you think it would be useful? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 9 August 2015 at 6:13 PM

What if, instead of having a list of all items we used, we had a list of all items/travels/toys... in game, and it would be marked with those we already used on the creature?

I mean, every Item Collection would have a list of all items in Egg Cave (they could be normal or without color - a bit gray, to show that we didn't use it on that creature yet - and, whenever we use the item, it changes to the normal color or becomes marked to show that it was used.

This way it would be easy to control the items of the game and we would know which one we used or not used yet. I'm not a fan of items, but I'm sure it would help everybody who makes use of them.

Ps: No items already used should be erased. They would still be counted as you used them and don't lose the data.

Please comment and vote, and, if you voted no, please tell why. You won't have a solid arguement if you don't explain why it shouldn't be implemented.
(Sorry for my bad english and/or if something like that was suggested before). #ItemCollectionImprovement

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 9 August 2015 at 7:32 PM

@raitonchidori

I think this is a great idea, though I still it should show the pictures for the used items because it's nice to look at them all in one place. 😊

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 9 August 2015 at 7:35 PM

@lykhaos117 well, maybe there could have a tab for used items as well. Thanks for your opinion and don'r forget to vote! 😊

Female
760 posts

okami • 9 August 2015 at 10:31 PM

It sounds like a really good idea, but I don't think it's necessary (if it's too hard to program and such). I'm an item collector, and I keep a list of the items that I need on Microsoft. So it's actually really easy to keep track of that stuff, at least in my opinion.

Trans Male
203 posts

funyarinpa • 10 August 2015 at 11:49 AM

@raitonchidori

I do agree that a checklist of some sort would be very useful for users who like to collect items for their creatures (I spent probably a million on my Revii for the first few months after the bakery and stuff were created and I did originally have trouble keeping track).

However, I do have to agree with @bluewolf . I overcame not having a checklist with a word/notepad document with every item he had used and the 'CNTRL+F' search tool. If the item wasn't found on the page, it hadn't been used. Though, this can be quite time-consuming when you want to nab all the items that you can, and what happens if you accidentally delete the document (we've all done it at some point).

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 10 August 2015 at 12:54 PM

@bluewolf and @funyarinpa I know there are lots of ways to do that. What I'm suggesting is exactly a simple and practical way to do such things. I'm sure both of you agree that a list/checklist would spend less time and generate less trouble.

Trans Male
203 posts

funyarinpa • 10 August 2015 at 1:18 PM

@raitonchidori

I didn't say that the suggestion isn't good or should be shot down (If I did/implied I thought that, tell me so I can reword it), I agee with you (ie. I don't need convincing to be on your side because I already am 😋 )

I was more saying that there are ways, if long and involving a lot of work, if the idea isn't taken up or takes a long time to come around. Besides, I said that the method I used (The best one I could find or think of, no less) has huge negatives which can completely ruin the collection and make you give up entirely- backing your idea up even more, since it means the best methods we have available to us aren't tailored to what we are trying to achieve.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 10 August 2015 at 1:23 PM

@funyarinpa I didn't say you were against it, I understand you (both of you). I just think there should be an easy way for users ^^

(Sorry if I said anything wrong xD)

Female
208 posts

webkinzer • 10 August 2015 at 1:28 PM

@raitonchidori I kinda like this idea. It's like The Archives, but with items?

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 10 August 2015 at 1:33 PM

@webkinzer yep. But instead of creating an "Archieves" page, it would be the Item Collection, registering the items we've used and don't used yet.

Female
208 posts

webkinzer • 10 August 2015 at 1:36 PM

@raitonchidori Oh, ok. That would be pretty useful 😋 especially for people that use a lot of items.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 10 August 2015 at 2:20 PM

@webkinzer I hope the mods think the same 😊

Once the pool gets more votes I'll ping Ian ^^

Female
760 posts

okami • 10 August 2015 at 3:42 PM

@raitonchidori

My only concern is if the current item collections would be erased if that was implemented or not. Is it possible to be programed without erasing everything? When item use became a thing, the collection part of it wasn't shown. They added that a bit later, but it still erased the item collections on every creature and it was back to square one. If it would erase current collections, then no, it isn't worth it. I'm all for it if it doesn't do that though.

Edit:

This is what I'm referring to: http://eggcave.com/blog/comments/582

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 10 August 2015 at 6:31 PM

@bluewolf for sure. Nobody will want it if items need to be reset. I'm sure everybody will want it the way it is instead of losing all the items they used already. I'll put it above 😊

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 10 August 2015 at 11:08 PM

@raitonchidori

I think it would be awesome to have a search feature too, so then it's easier to look up if you have something or not~

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 13 August 2015 at 8:03 PM

@newlife that would be awesome too ^^

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 14 August 2015 at 5:39 PM

@raitonchidori I am not an item collector myself, so I wouldn't really care about the difference in items you have and haven't, nor can I really say if that option is useful or not (I leave it to item collectors to comment on that one 😃) but it would be nice to have a complete list of all items on the site (especially because there are so many).

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 14 August 2015 at 5:55 PM

@blub yep, I think the same. I'm not an item collector also, but I'm sure it helps everyone, specially the people who likes travels (I'm not sure, but I think the number of people who buys travels is bigger than from those who collect items). I hope thr mods think this is useful too ^^