Writing Contest

in Entertainment

Androgynous
546 posts

cinnamon_cider • 6 October 2015 at 4:09 PM

There's alot of talented writers here on eggcave, so I thought I'd reward the best writer. There is no length requirement.

The prompt? You come home and there is a stranger in your home claiming to be a time traveler. You can go anywhere you want. Write a story explaining where you go, why, what you do there, and how you get home.

Be creative!!!

The prize is 3 million EC!

The deadline for submissions is the 15th. Post your submissions here if they're short enough, or dm me a link to your story. The winner will be announced on the 20th.

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 9 October 2015 at 7:33 AM

@cinnamon_cider That's nice! 😃 Could it be in third person view or must be first? Thanks 😃 I would like to participate 😊
Is there any prizes for 1st runner up or second runner up? Thank you 😃

1,238 posts

queens • 9 October 2015 at 8:19 PM

@cinnamon_cider
Hmm I may be interesting in joining.
But you mean the 15th of this month?! That's not really that much time to do it..

Androgynous
546 posts

cinnamon_cider • 12 October 2015 at 2:51 PM

@firedawn it can be in any POV

@queens no 15th of november

1,238 posts

queens • 12 October 2015 at 2:54 PM

@cinnamon_cider okay good I'll enter!

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 12 October 2015 at 8:26 PM

@cinnamon_cider Good. Thank you. I'll enter 😊 and I think that @unholy_undead might be interested ^^

31 posts

unholy_undead • 13 October 2015 at 1:42 AM

@cinnamon_cider
Knightone, was once a powerful guardian of Swordhaven. He made sure that no evil heroes may pass. That is, until the Great Truce of Good and Evil. He thought "Why would the king have a truce with evil?" and "My king, he has been corrupted by the evilness of Slayn'' He left the castle, his glory, his fame, and set out to search for a new future, and a new life. He wandered everywhere, and never looked back, back to the distant past. He went on, and tried to fight for a new future. Soon, he thought, the king would know his mistake, that mistake, and he may go and fight back for his past once again. Sadly, by the time he had decided to locate the castle down, and to serve his king once again, he was in shock and dismay when he found the city in ruins. He realised that he made a terrible mistake. He then, took off his powerful, glowing armour of awe, and set it down beside the king's throne. He decided to forget what happened, forget it all. He put all of his glowing powers into two orbs, and set both free into the sky. Soon, one of the orbs would land into a place of ancient evil, the place of the queen of monsters. He then fainted. When he woke up, he saw the burning sun, he saw the city landscape, and he realised he made a mistake even more terrible than the one before. He had let the Queen of Monsters free, and would destroy the land soon, no doubt. He limped home in sadness and depression of setting the evil soul free. He wandered back to the city and went into his small and abandoned house. Suddenly, he saw a dark figure lurking by. 'I am a time traveler' he said. 'I could help you ease your pain, ease your mistake'. Knightone stared in shock, 'I..' . 'I know who you are. I could help you begin.'. The figure placed drew out a small vial from his cloak and poured it's contents into a cup. 'Drink this' he ordered. Kingtone was wary and confused, but at last he took up the cup and drank it, which made him forget, forget his past, his present. The figure bought him into a dark room, and pushed him in. Down, down he fell. Suddenly, a flash of light went through. He was now at the same place of where he was before, but 100 years ago. He grabbed his weapon, and the only thing that was left in his mind was, Fight. continue on. The world needs you. He was later known as The Hero.
Thank you for reading my story! Good luck to whoever wins!

Female
770 posts

loumina28 • 13 October 2015 at 3:26 AM

@cinnamon_cider I'd like to participate!

Here's my story:

The time traveler stared at Knight. In the start he was a bit scared. He knew that he had seen him before! Then he said that he wanted to tell him a story. The reason he came here. What happened. Knight decided to sit down and listen. "Once upon a time, when this kingdom was peaceful, suddenly a dragon with his army decided to attack and take over the land. The king begged him for mercy, but the dragon answered angrily to the king that he shouldn't have attacked the cave where he lived to steal the water from the spring. He could just ask politely for it. Then the dragon would have given him some water. "Please forgive me" the king said with fear. The dragon answered: "I will not! You should think before destroying my home! I've been planning this for years! Now's time to take revenge! Everyone attack the castle!" So the king decided to send his whole army to defend the kingdom. No matter how hard everyone tried they couldn't beat the dragon. So, I decided to help them. Bringing my sword with me and some magic crystals I started running towards the castle. I swinged my sword to hit the dragon. The dragon screamed: "Who did that?!" Then he looked behind. "So, you're the one who just injured me! You'll pay for that!" The dragon shaked his tail and hit me. Then I decided to use one of my magic crystals. Taking out the blue one I said to him that I already know that he lied about the water's stealing. That was just an excuse, so he could take over the kingdom. Then the crystal shined with a blue light and the dragon with his army froze in time. I knew that they wouldn't stay frozen forever, so I decided to travel through time and find a way to kill the dragon and all the evil beings before they could attack the kingdom. I wasn't able to beat them all, so I decided to go to the future and find you. And now that I finally found you, I'd like to give you those two crystals. Please, use them to travel through time and kill the dragon! I know that you can! Because you come from a family, a special family with heroes ancestors! That's why you must do it Knight! You MUST! "Okay! I'll fight the dragon and save the kingdom! I promise!" "Thank you! Now I can finally go home! Bye!" Knight traveled through time. Now he was in the past. He went a bit too far...
-MONSTERS!! Help!!!!!
-Who's going to save our village? I don't want to die!!!
Knight saw a terrifying big dragon and some other monsters. The dragon wasn't the one that time traveler had encountered. The people asked him who was he and why would he attack the village?
-I am the Great Dragon Elder! Hear my name and tremble! I decided to attack your village because I've heard that the king is REALLY rich but never shares any of his gold to help anyone who needs it! I want all of his gold! I want his diamonds and emeralds! Rubies and sapphires! I want EVERYTHING! So, I'll steal them and then let this village and everyone in it die in the fire!!!
The king was really scared after that. Too scared to oppose that dragon!
-P- please Great Dragon! I'll give you the 1/4 of my gold and jewels!!!
-So you really love your wealth! You're selfish! I want everything! But I know that you're not going to give it to me! My allies, let's go steal the gold and the jewels! We deserve them while he doesn't!! ATTACK!
Knight had the courage to oppose him, however!
-Who do you think you are attacking this poor village and talking to the king about something that's none of your bussiness! You have nothing to do with it. Go back and the king will share his wealth with his people and with you and your friends!! Please, STOP! he said summoning all of his courage.
-And who are you to tell me what to do?
-I'm Knight! Descendant of old heroes! Leave these people alone!
-Or what?
-If you don't, then we'll have to settle it with a fight!
-Bring it on you little worm! Bring it on!
-You'll pay for what you did!
-Hmph!
The dragon burned Knight with is fire breath!
-Ouch! You're very powerful! But I won't give up just yet!
-So, you'll continue? Fine!
Knight run as fast as he could to dodge the dragon's attacks, but he was hit again.
-Oh, what a beautiful scene! It's time for you to say goodbye!
Klank!
Knight swinged his sword and then a beam of light came and injured the dragon!
-This power, it can't be! the dragon said losing some strengh.
-Now's my chance! I'll cut him with my sword to kill him.
But then the dragon with his sharp claws injured Knight. His wound was so serious that he couldn't stand up! With his last hope, Knight tossed his red crystal in the air. Then Knight's wound had magically dissapeared and the dragon was hit because of the light that crystal had made. Then Knight took the last crystal he had with him, slashed that dragon, used the crystal's power to deliver the final blow to the evil dragon and travelled through time, but forward and was sent somewhere unknown. It was the place where he lived! But before 2000 years. Knight stayed there and never travelled through time to go back to his original time! But that evil dragon was dead and none of his descendands lived as he died before making a family. So everyone lived happily. Peace had finally returned to the kingdom...

Thanks for reading! Good luck to everyone who participates!

Deleted • 14 October 2015 at 6:09 AM

@cinnamon_cider

Sounds interesting! Can I join?

Female
50 posts

illuminate • 14 October 2015 at 10:57 AM

@cinnamon_cider I would like to join, thank you.