in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think of the Flox?

Female
37 posts

xxcupid • 21 July 2016 at 4:42 PM

#creaturesuggestion

Credits ~

Xxcupid (ME!) For the art and the design/idea

@shadow_girl For the wonderful description and the wonderful name! (And the wonderful encouragment after some problems :0)

This has a nature theme! A lot of animals have a nature theme! WHO CARES

Note: Please remember that there might be some future changes!

EDIT: THE ART IS A CHIBI-ISH VERSION. FINAL VERSION SHOULD BE MORE REALISTIC AND... NOT AS CUTE.

*****ART:

http://sta.sh/01qchbq7akfg

DESCRIPTION:

Egg: Flox eggs are covered with flowers and wrapped in a vine-like tail. It's said that each flower gives off a different scent, resulting in a floral harmony that is unique for each egg. Some people use Flox eggs as a calming device, but their effectiveness is debatable.

Creature: Flox are a breed of fox that mainly live in the Fairy Lands. Baby Flox are the essence of adorable—tiny, bumbling balls of fur with countless energy. The flowers on their fur are not yet mature, as the majority of all greenery on the Flox have not yet bloomed. Fun fact—Flox flowers never die, and will continue to grow throughout the animal's lifespan. Also, every Flox is born with an individual stone-like gem, which is said to give all Floxes their bloom. This is obviously, still unknown.

Teenage Flox go through a sort of withdrawal from society, hiding away as their flowers completely mature. Not much is known about this drastic mood change, but in this time their wings grow larger and can be used for short distances and jumps, allowing a Flox to leap into tree braces up to 20 feet up. Flox flowers can now be harvested for bouquets and other floral designs.

A full-grown Flox is a mix between its energetic childhood self and secluded teenage stage. Not one or the other, they're the exact middle point of the two. If you own a Flox at this stage, do not be alarmed if they won't play as it used to—this is completely normal.

Their leaved wings and long tails are fully mature and allow Floxes, unlike other foxes, to fly up to 50 feet and steady themselves on branches. The flower on the end of their tails blooms in an shade unique to that individual Flox, much like their smell. Sometimes Floxes will be invited to weddings or parades as part of the floral displays and festivities.

WIP BEFORE THE REDO: http://prnt.sc/bo1nqp

Be sure to check out @Shadow_girl

😱

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 21 July 2016 at 5:11 PM

@xxcupid Omg i rlly like it!!!

Female
37 posts

xxcupid • 21 July 2016 at 5:15 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 Thanks h0n!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 21 July 2016 at 10:24 PM

@xxcupid

I like it! 😃 THE FIRST STAGE IS SO CUTEEEE

Female
37 posts

xxcupid • 22 July 2016 at 11:04 AM

@izziebee1017 thanks!

Female
193 posts

purple17 • 23 July 2016 at 5:17 PM

I love it! It's so cute!

Female
496 posts

shadow_girl • 23 July 2016 at 5:33 PM

@purple17 thank you so much! @lailaluckyseal87 @izziebee1017 you guys too 😸 it means a lot!

Female
218 posts

sek • 23 July 2016 at 10:26 PM

@xxcupid

I love the child stage of the flox 😃

Female
37 posts

xxcupid • 24 July 2016 at 10:30 AM

@sek

Thank you!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 25 July 2016 at 11:07 PM