Yay for the Greeks!

in Welcomes & Introductions

What is your favorite type of noodle?

Female
4 posts

kasrania • 25 September 2016 at 3:24 PM

I know they disappeared centuries ago, but I've always rather liked the Greeks and Greek mythology, so I've decided to name all my creatures after obscure Greek mythological figures. I also kinda want to find out some more of their backstory, at least as much as I can, and if I can't find it, I'll probably just make it up. 'Cause that's always fun, right?
Oh yeah, so I'm a sophomore in high school, live in the Midwest, and I love reading, Downton Abbey, and Sherlock. Yeah that pretty much sums me up. Yay for Eggcave!

1,853 posts

purgatory • 25 September 2016 at 3:26 PM

@kasrania heh, I read the Percy Jackson books 😉 also interested in Greek stuff, anyways, WELCOME TO EGGCAVE!

Female
4 posts

kasrania • 25 September 2016 at 3:29 PM

Thanks! I personally am a huge fan of anything written by Rick Riordan, including the Kane Chronicles. I have yet to read the new series though.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 25 September 2016 at 3:30 PM

@kasrania ping people to get their attention on forums 😉

How does pinging work?
Just put a @ infront of a user's username
Like this: @ammolite

9 posts

mysticmeadow • 27 September 2016 at 1:36 PM

Hello!

Oh that's super helpful @ammolite thank you, I was wondering about that

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 28 September 2016 at 8:30 PM

@kasrania
Hey 😊 Welcome to EC ;D Hope you like it so far If you need any help, feel free to ask me 😃 Go check out Giftie 😊 We gift new users ;D The link is here:
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/61649/0#1397258
Feel free to add me as a friend ;D

Here's a little guide ;D
@ pings users so they get a notification (only works on forums, still works outside of forums but the user doesn't get notified )(If you want to do a quicker way, click the bell XD) For example: The user is LeafMelody! When you put a @ in front, it turns into @LeafMelody (Aka a link )
# Is for forum posts It's basically a short link to a forum For example #Giftie
Creature Trading Center is for trading creature, auctions is where you auction creatures and Item Trading Center is where you trade items
The Mysterious Asteroid is kinda like the cave, but it is like so much harder to get a creature :/ You can view the creatures available from the Mysterious Asteroid, as well as every other creatures at the Archives
Shops is where you buy like stuff for your creatures XD Travel Agency and Trinket Travels put a background on your creature, whereas everything else just increases happiness
The Thief Shop is a place where you have a rare chance of getting a creature Every now and then, a mystery creature is put into the Thief Shop and if you want it, you have to buy it for and it may be empty so you may be robbed! DX It's basically a game of chance ☚ī¸ PS. It is really rare to find creatures at the Thief Shop, so don't be surprised if nothing comes up XD
The Leila Oasis is kinda like the Thief Shop, except you don't need to pay You can get some retired commons there (Aka endangered creatures 😊) So yeah, again, chance XD
Some common abbreviations include:
UFT: Up for Trade
NFT: Never for Trade
TNT: Transfer not Trade
UFA: Up for Auction or Up for Adoption
CSP: Cash Shop Park
Creatures turn immortal (Aka never die LOL XD) when they reach Level 2000+ Before that, they are capable of dying
The Cash Shop is where you can buy and other stuff with XD It's basically upgrades, and it's really cool 😊 (Sadly, I don't buy đŸ’ĩ but it's my fault LOL XD)
There are new monthlies every month 😃 (Now, they have random themes LOL ) There's the cave (everyone can get at one stage) and Cash Shop Parks (The ones you buy with money /cries/ XD)
So yeah, that's the basics XD I could write more, but I don't want this to turn into a lecture (It already has XD) So yeah, welcome Here's some useful links you might wanna check out ;D Sorry if you already know all this stuff And sorry if I don't make any sense XD
http://eggcave.com/forums/ecode
http://eggcave.com/explore/faq
http://eggcave.com/guidelines