Worlds Away From Home

in Roleplaying

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 25 October 2016 at 2:41 AM

@Orderedchaos @blackcatvenus @thebrokenvibe @ems @nightmaremoon12
My character took his sweet time catching up to your guys', haha~
Edit. Oh hey we finally got to the second page :'D

There was nothing particularly unusual about this forest, Augustas thought. At some point, the pull had led him off the path and aside from the weird sensation pulling him along, it was just the usual woods.

He plucked a leaf off a low hanging branch as he passed it by. From what he could make out in the intermittent light, it was just a regular old birch leaf. A vague recollection pressed into his reality and insisted that it was real. He’d been in a similar situation like this, it tried to tell him. And he felt almost certain of it. And it definitely wasn’t this forest he was recalling.

Augustas continued to walk slowly. Even with the moon out, it difficult to see the ground where the trees shielded the light. He stumbled into another low hanging branch, and in that moment of distraction, stumbled again on what he thought was a knobbly root.

Augustas paused to get himself together, when, he realized the sensation was gone. What replaced it was a strange, disconcerting silence and a large void hanging in the air some distance away.

“Right… of course,” he remarked half sarcastically.

Just then he heard voices in the direction of the void and Augustas noticed two figures standing before it.
They were talking with each other, appearing to examine the anomaly. The taller one circled around it before pausing to talk to the smaller one. It seemed like the two hadn’t noticed him.

Augustas began walking towards them. “H-hey… What the heck was going on here?”

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 26 October 2016 at 3:14 AM

@orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
YIKES i haven't posted in forever sorry!!
--

They didn't wait for a response from the confused--and frankly, frightened--looking librarian. Callisto pushed past her and bolted out of the library on their unsteady legs. With pain shooting through their feet, Callisto decides to kick off their shoes as they go, revealing starkly white paws underneath the sneakers. Although it's more comfortable this way, it's certainly more alarming and noticeable. It draws more than a few eyes.

Anxiety settles like a rock in their stomach, but Callisto keeps running until they reach the outskirts of town--the forest. Typically, over the last few months, Callisto had started coming here to read where it was a little more peaceful than home had been as of late.

Eventually they slow down, tired and out of breath, just at the treeline. The fears that'd seemed to ebb the further they got away from the watchful eyes of the town seemed to spike at the sight of the trees, and Callisto wasn't really sure why. They push it down, ignore it, and push past the brush and bushes, leaves sticking into the thick fur around their ankles. Voices not too far to their left drift in, and Callisto freezes, turning to look in their direction.

There's a small group of people (most looking quite a bit older than themself) standing not too far off from them. Callisto balks, stepping backwards right onto a twig. It snaps loudly under their paw, and they flinch, again standing still despite every muscle in them screaming for them to run.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 26 October 2016 at 4:17 AM

@ems
@Orderedchaos
@blackcatvenus
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
yay school exists and life as well
also rain
~~~~
As Callie focuses on the ceiling, her view started to change. The entire area around her became a forest, the same forest she had saw in her dreams. It remained in her vision for a long amount of time, until she shook it out of her head and head outside her unit for a quick break from this mess.

She, however, felt more different. The girl felt like she was empty. Her soul felt like it was disappearing.
"What's going on...?!" She asked herself, and noticed that her mind is wanting to go to a certain path, as if something awaited her.

After some contemplation, Callie had decided to run, but she felt somewhat faster than usual, as if she wasn't confined to the ground anymore.
Regardless, she still followed her mind, hoping it would lead to something that would answer the questions in her head.

Gasping as she reached the edge of town, and into the start of a forest, she decided to think.
"Why did I lead myself here?" She asked herself, and involuntarily floated towards the forest, as if she was attracted like some sort of magnet. Callie thought that whatever the forest had to offer, it would never allow her to go back home.
She saw her snake ring glowing with special energy, but had decided to ignore the strange event. It would be best if she left things that were unfamiliar alone.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 26 October 2016 at 4:57 PM

@ems
@Orderedchaos
@icymuffin
@thebrokenvibe
@nightmaremoon12
~~~~
Katherine looked back, frowning. "OK ok ok ok," she said, holding her hands up as if to stop something. "Why is everyone coming here?"

She pointed to the two people who have arrived already, and her senses-- Her sense of smell and hearing, which are somehow enhanced--told her that another person would be arriving shortly. One person had on white paws, which Katherine resisted to urge to stare at because she remembered the same feeling.

Katherine gestured to the anomaly. "So if anyone knows anything about this, that would be a great help..."

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 27 October 2016 at 1:15 PM

@orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
--

Callisto takes a few steps back, still not used to the way their legs bend. This is the longest that any of the weird things had stuck around--and the first time anyone else had seemed to notice, although they had never really been out in the open when these sorts of things happen. They swallow past the lump of anxiety in their throat, eyes shifting away from the girl pointing at them as they wrung their hands.

"I--uh, I don't know what's going on, really, I just, um--" They squeeze their eyes shut as their voice cracks, anxiously shifting on their feet--or rather, paws.

"I just l-like to come here when I'm upset, that's all. I... Um, I feel sort of drawn here. A-Always have." Thinking back on it, Callisto can't exactly recall always. They push that though away and instead focus on holding still, to stop fidgeting. They remember their dad telling them it was a bad habit last week, but right now they feel small, and awkward. Their hands are shoved roughly back into their pockets, though they are still clenched into tight fists, fingernails pressing thin crescents into their palms.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 27 October 2016 at 6:53 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
Oh snap, page 2!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xanlea

With the appearance of more people, one being another adult, Xanlea could feel some of his tension and unease at being alone in the woods with all this strangeness leave. He breathed a quite sigh of relief. More people meant more brains working on the problem and a better chance at figuring things out.

"Well now, this is starting to become a party." Xanlea snorted in amusement. He turned and addressed the skittish young girl, "I don't think any of us know what's going on." He tried to project reassurance he wasn't sure he felt. "But with all of us here maybe we can figure something out, like whatever this thing is." He poked the stick again into the anomaly. "There must be some reason that we've all come out here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Del & Toshra

Del found Toshra sitting up in her bed shaking with terror. Immediately she sat on the bed and put her arms around her friend.

"Shhhh, shhhh," Del smoothed Toshra's sleep ruffled hair, feeling her friend calm a little. "What's the matter? Nightmares?"

She felt Toshra nod. "Yeah, it was like those dreams we talked about. All too real." Toshra shuddered violently. Whatever she dreamed about must have been bad, Del had never seen her this shook up.

"Want to talk about?"

"No." Again a shudder. Del hugged Toshra a little harder. "I...I can't. I don't want to relive them."

"I won't make you talk about them." Del felt Toshra relax a little. "I had dreams tonight too. They weren't all bad." Del's mind went to the awe inspiring sight of Jupiter filling the sky. "I'll tell you about them. Maybe it'll take your mind off yours." As Del spoke she could feel Toshra's body relax as she spoke. All the while Del could feel a slight tickle in her chest, like the one she felt after she awoke.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 27 October 2016 at 7:37 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@Orderedchaos I know its taken forever...
@nightmaremoon12
~~~
It was a bit unsettling how much people were here. Katherine sat on a warped log and sighed. "I know this is going to sound crazy..." she started, pausing to take in all the stares. "But have any of you thought of going in the ah, thing?"

She drummed her fingers on the log and continued. "I mean, think about it! It can be the scientific discovery of the 21st century!" She paused, feeling weird. Then she muttered under her breath, "for all those scienticy people..."

She took a deep breath, and plunged into the anomaly.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 27 October 2016 at 7:52 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@Orderedchaos
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
Edit. AHHH!! You posted before I did ;v;
Ugh, lemme fix this //cries

“Yeah, there has to be…” he said, watching as the man prodded the strange object with the stick. The tip disappeared.

Augustas glanced around at the small group that had gathered. A floating hole in the sky, animal legs, claws, and was that a cat tail he saw? He couldn’t be sure, and somehow, he felt that nothing could seem unusual to him anymore today either way. Just go ahead and give me a flying whale to top it all off already.

“I get the feeling… I’m willing to bet that you all have been having dreams too,” Augustas said, thinking about his own. He took a few steps towards the anomaly and stopped just a yard away. All he could see was a folded, faded look of the trees on the other side. But it was impossible to not notice the strange energy emanating from the anomaly at this distance. “And then this thing or another calls the four of us out to the forest at night?”

"I know this is going to sound crazy..." one of the girls began to say, "but have any of you thought of going in the ah, thing?"

He came closer and stuck the his fingers into the anomaly and they disappeared into it. The strange energy pulled at his arm and he pulled is hand out in a rush. But glancing down at his hand, there didn’t appear to be anything wrong. Augustas flexed his hand. The strange object didn’t seem to be too dangerous in spite of everything.

"I mean, think about it! It can be the scientific discovery of the 21st century!" she continued, "for all those scienticy people..." and plunged into it.

He glanced back at the man and the other girl. “Well, there doesn’t seem to be anything coming out of it…”

Augustas took the final few steps forward and walked into the anomaly.

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 28 October 2016 at 12:20 AM

@orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
--

Before Callisto really has any time to ask just what these people think they're doing, jumping into a 'thing' (as one girl had so eloquently called it) two people have already disappeared into it. Callisto resists the urge to run in the opposite direction, their jaw twitching as they briefly clench it to keep quiet.

Nervous eyes flicker from the point where two people had disappeared to the remaining figure--a tall man who has to be at least five, if not ten years their senior. Again they shift on their feet, but rather than remove their hands from their pockets Callisto turns to chewing at the inside of their cheek to curb the anxiety still bubbling inside them.

"Look," they manage to force out, "I'm not--I d-don't know if it's a good idea to go into that... thing until we have a better idea of what's going on...?" Their voice picks up at the end, drenching their tone in uncertainty.

Despite their clear discomfort, Callisto's eyes sidle back over to the hole curiously. If they had their notebook, they'd probably be jotting down everything they saw. But they don't have their notebook. And they don't feel safe. Oddly enough, Callisto feels just as drawn to the 'thing' as they feel to the forest, but that only serves to add to their long list of questions and stress.

"I-I mean, like that boy said, I've been having dreams, too, but... I'm just not sure if we should b-be messing with that when we know nothing about it or how it m-may or may not have something to do with all the weird things going on." They stutter after a moment, their nerves forcing a short ramble out of them. "W-What if it's dangerous on the other side? What if the environment isn't--? I--" Callisto sucks in a quick breath. Despite themself, they take a step closer.

"I-I just think those two t-took it too fast. I hope they're alright."

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 28 October 2016 at 10:47 PM

@icymuffin @ems @blackcatvenus @Orderedchaos @nightmaremoon12
{I really need to get my life together so I can find motivation to consistently write anything, so I apologize for being so bad with posting here recently.}

Muse hurriedly excused herself from practice as the director finally showed up. She lied, faking having fallen ill over the weekend before she scurried off to find out why her dreams were attacking her during the day.

Feeling guilty, they figured it would be best to head for a walk by the woods rather than head home. They paused as the faintest sounds of voices could be heard filtering up through the trees, and with a brief decision Muse was jogging lightly into the woods trying to find the source.

She paused as she spotted a few people gathered around, some form of hole or something in the floor. With a curious hum, they approached the crowd, feeling a tugging deep in their gut as they reached closer to the anomaly in question.

"What exactly has happened?" Muse asked, once they hoped they were able to be seen as non-threatening.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 29 October 2016 at 12:25 AM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xanlea

Xanlea sighed and ran his hands through his hair. This really was the weirdest day and he wasn't sure how much more he could take. "By the horns of the ancestors, this day...this Frost-taken day." He muttered to himself. He took a deep, calming breath before addressing the other kid.

"Honestly, I'm not all that big on the idea of jumping in there blind. But," he shook his head, "I don't know if there's any other way we could gather more information." Part of him wanted to get back in his car, drive home, and curl up on the couch with a comforting drink. But then there was that other part, the curious part that drove him to learn and discover, that part of him wanted to jump in the void after the others.

"You said you had dreams. I had them too, dreams that seemed more real than anything else. And I had that happen too," He pointed towards her legs, still bent wrong at the knee. "It was terrifying when to wake up in the mornings to find horns or fur. And then to go about the day wondering if that would happen again. Maybe in the ER as I helped a patient." He absently reached up and rubbed his stone pendant between his thumb and fingers, the unconscious motion helping to sooth his thoughts.

"I don't know if walking through that will have any answers as to what is happening, and it may even be dangerous. But as much as I don't like the idea of blind leaps of faith, I think that there must be some reason all of us where drawn here."

Before he could continue speaking another person stepped out of the trees. "What exactly has happened?" They asked.

"I really wish I had a good answer to that question." Xanlea's voice sounded weary even to his own ears.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 29 October 2016 at 10:27 AM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@Orderedchaos
@nightmaremoon12

White.

Everything around her was blinding white, so much it hurt Katherine's eyes. She squeezed them shut, wondering if she was still in the anomaly. It was like being in a current, pulling you somewhere with no return.

She instantly regretted her decision as soon as it was made.

Well, she thought, I really hope I won't be stuck in here forever.

The white shone even more white, if that was even possible, and with great power, she was thrown forcibly back onto solid earth. The first thing she thought was, Well, it isn't a forest, so I guess the portal thing is like a wormhole...

But then she realized it was a forest, just brighter, and cheerier. Ill just wait for them if they agree, I guess.

Katherine began to wander off, beginning to explore.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 October 2016 at 2:08 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @ems @thebrokenvibe @Orderedchaos @blackcatvenus

For a brief moment, as blinding light flashed all around him and the wrenching sensation pulled at every limb of his body, Augustas entertained the thought of whether he should have been more cautious about the strange portal in the woods. He quickly pushed the worries aside. He had followed his memories. They already found each other in the woods. And it was a bit too late to regret jumping across.

He raised his arm to shield himself from the light, but it seemed to grow even more blinding. Augustas clamped his eyes shut and focused on the memories of the pocket watch like before, hoping it would help somehow. The dream version of him had done this a thousand times, he thought. He could do this too.

And just then, it began to fade away. Augustas stumbled on the uneven ground and fell backwards into a tree. They were surrounded by trees again he could see, but everything felt different. How and why, it was difficult to tell just now. He could hear footsteps in the undergrowth and saw the girl wandering not too far away. So she was still alive too. Nothing had come out to attack them yet, thankfully. But he couldn’t be too sure, he thought. Augustas pulled himself up off the ground and grimaced as he did so, his back complaining about the fall.

“Hey, Dorothy. Kid,” he called after the girl. “I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore. This might not be as safe as the forest we came from. Stay close.”

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 29 October 2016 at 6:21 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @ems @thebrokenvibe @Orderedchaos @icymuffin

"First things first," Katherine said, annoyed. "I don't live in Kansas. And my name's not Dorothy."

She pulled a strand of her jet-black hair and twirled it around her finger, then fingered her bell, that looked newer as soon as she entered the anomaly. "If this is anything like our dreams, I really hope there wont be any shadows."

She shuddered at the thought, and felt the tugging sensation as ears slowly sprouted out of her hair. "Crap," she muttered, trying to comb it back.

But this time it wouldn't go away. There was a sharp pain in her temples, and suddenly she was in a different world.

A castle.

A castle was burning in black flames, shadows engulfing a majestic obsidian tower. Katherine looked around, horrified, just in time to see one of the shadows engulf someone. "No!" Katherine shrieked, though she knew she didn't know this woman.

She ran towards the castle, feeling no heat radiating from it, but a feeling of dread, pain, and all the negative emotions you've ever felt.

A raggedy voice began to speak.

Listen fools! You want your castle back, we can make a bargain.

The shadow paused, and the feeling that the voice was smiling spreaded eerily around the inhabitants.

A couple of your kind, *ahem* a couple thousand of your kind, for your castle.

Katherine's eyes snapped open just as glooming darkness began to engulf her.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 31 October 2016 at 12:42 AM

He chuckled at her annoyed response. Augustas straightened himself out, brushing off the dirt and stray leaves that clung to his coat.

“Don’t tell me you’ve never seen The Wizard of Oz. Everybody has to have seen it at some point…” He paused before continuing, recalling his lapses in memory earlier that day. So maybe it wasn’t exactly a good sign he couldn’t remember much more than several months back. But considering the situation at hand that was probably a trivial matter.

“Shadows you said?” he said, somewhat distracted as he scanned the undergrowth once more. It didn’t seem like the others had followed them just yet or that there was anything coming out to attack them. “I don’t follow. I definitely have been having dreams, but I don’t remember seeing any shadows.” He turned back to look at her.

“Eh… Are you even listening? I wasn’t insulting you.” She seemed to be preoccupied with something, except… she seemed a bit off.

Augustas was beginning to feel uncomfortable. They were in a strange place; this wasn’t the place to have a breakdown.

“Hey, kid. Are you alright?”

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 31 October 2016 at 12:43 AM

@orederedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
--

Their nerves overpowering their control, Callisto pulls their hands from their pockets and begins to wring them, eyes flickering this way and that as they mull over what the other is saying. He seems much calmer about this than they feel, which turns out to be even more alarming. If Callisto doesn't know any of these people, how are they supposed to gauge how safe they are? How are they supposed to know that these people aren't crazy? Two of them had already jumped into a vortex without hardly any hesitation--

They're overthinking again.

Callisto lets out a breath they hadn't realized they were holding, shifts yet again, and tries to still their hands. They only succeed in slowing the rapid motions but it's better than nothing. The pale paper skin is starting to redden.

He's probably right, though. It's not as if telling the authorities would do much--they'd either brush it off or send in the feds, and the feds wouldn't tell them anything! Callisto had seen enough sci-fi movies to know that (or... at least they thought they had).

"What exactly has happened?"

"I really wish I had a good answer to that question."

Startled, Callisto's head whips towards the sound of the new voice. Wide, alarmed eyes flicker over the newcomer. Callisto ignores the vague, threatening feeling that sits like a stone in their gut, and instead tries to busy themself with conversation.

"There's a--there's a thing," they gesture towards the anomaly, "and, well, some people jumped in it." Callisto drops their eyes to their feet, not comfortable to continue holding the newcomer's gaze. "But, uh--like he said, we don't really know."

Despite their sense of impending doom, Callisto finds that they're still rather drawn to the anomaly. Something is pulling them towards it, and it takes quite a lot of effort to keep their feet in place. Before they can stop themself, they feel compelled to voice it.

"I don't know, I just feel really drawn to it. But I also feel like it might kill me."

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 31 October 2016 at 12:31 PM

@ems @icymuffin @blackcatvenus @Orderedchaos @nightmaremoon12

Muse nodded at each answer, carefully walking around the anomaly. They fixed their gaze in the trees, carefully scanning for something, anything, useful. She paused after a full circle and faced the group again.

Rubbing her face in her hands she looked over to the anomaly. "So, we don't know what it does, or where the people who jumped in fell." She said, clarifying what she had gathered thus far. "That means that if we v actually want to do the scientific thing we gotta tie a rope or something around someone's waist and send them in with multiple people holding on. Kinda like how the mom goes into the ghost realm in Poltergeist. But without people letting go of the rope." They said, "Of course that also depends on if you even want to see where it goes." Muse added as an afterthought.

They turned away after that, unable to shake the tugging in their gut that called to them from the anomaly. Running a hand through their hair they hoped something could be figured out soon.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 31 October 2016 at 3:54 PM

@ems
@icymuffin
@Orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@nightmaremoon12

"Uh, sorry, what were you saying again?"

"Oh, The Wizard of Oz, right?" she asked, feeling like this was something she should know. "I dunno. I was a orphan since I was 5...."

She fingered her bell again, and a little bit of light escaped.

Katherine shifted in her position, feeling awkward. "Ugh, sorry... I had a vision." She shifted again. She combed back her hair again, but the ears didn't disappear.

"Er... yeah..."

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 November 2016 at 5:46 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xanlea

Xanlea nodded, the newcomer's idea was a good one. It was sensible plan. But it would take time, since he didn't have a rope and he didn't think either of the kids had a rope. Time was one thing he wasn't sure they all had, what with the unpredictability of the changes some of them were experiencing. He continued to rub the pendant between his fingers as he thought.

The same thoughts swirled in circles through his brain, chasing each other. He felt a sense of trepidation at the prospect of jumping blindly into the anomaly, but at the same time he felt the thrill of discovery at the chance to jump into the unknown, that thrill was growing and beginning to drown out the fear. Then there were these kids. At least the newest one didn't look at young as the other one. He felt bad that he was considering jumping into the unknown and leaving them behind. On the other hand this was why he wasn't fond of kids, the added responsibility.

He rubbed his temples, he made up his mind and he was pretty sure that neither of the kids would like it. "I think," He took a deep breath then continued, "I think, that if you want to try the rope thing then you should go for it. I," he took a step towards the anomaly, "don't think I want to wait around to see how it turns out." With that he stepped forward into the anomaly thinking to himself, if I'd wanted to wait around for the results of experiments I'd have never joined the Chimera.

His next thought before everything went white was, what's the Chimera?

It was only moments before his feet hit something solid but those moments felt like an eternity. Light, trees, solid ground under his feet, the transition made his stomach roll. Behind him the air shimmered then there was nothing, the portal did not exist on this side.

Xanlea staggered to one side and went down to his knees. His stomach heaved and he fought to keep the contents of his stomach in his stomach. Well, on the bright side at least he wasn't dead.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 1 November 2016 at 6:39 PM

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Augustas said sheepishly, uncertain as to how he should respond.

But there was an odd feeling of uncertainty growing in him. The girl was awfully fidgety. It was understandable considering the circumstances and what she just revealed about herself. Still, how could she remember so far back? Though he hadn’t been trying particularly hard, he could only remember several months at best. Was it just him?

Before he had the chance to ponder it further or ask her anything else, Augustas heard the sound of something hitting the ground nearby. He flinched and took a step back, watching the object cautiously as it moved about. It was just the man from earlier, he realized and relaxed slightly. And apparently, it didn’t seem like he took the transition too well.

Augustas came over and offered a hand. “Hey. I’m glad to see you decided to join us.”

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 November 2016 at 1:29 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xanlea

After a moment to make sure his stomach wouldn't make a fool of him Xanlea took the proffered hand, thankful for the steadying influence. "Urrrg, I hate motion sickness." He groaned. He looked around taking in his surroundings. Where ever this was didn't look all that dangerous, but looks could be deceiving.

"Name's Xanlea." He said to the man. Looking over his shoulder to where he stepped out he couldn't see anything that looked like the portal back on Earth. "Looks like we might be here a while."

~~~~~~~~~~
Del & Toshra

It had taken a while but Toshra no longer felt any tremors of residual terror from her nightmare. Now she sat on her bed idly thumbing through a worn book. The pages contained series of unreadable scribbles and drawings. She had always thought it was just a diary or sketchbook from her childhood but now she wasn't sure.

"Hey, Tosh?" Del was sitting on the floor, her back against the bed where she was doing something on her phone.

"What?"

Del leaned her head on the bed, looking up at Toshra. "Do you feel something?"

"Well I feel a lot of things. I can feel my blanket, I can feel this book, I can feel you," Toshra poked Del on the nose. "Want to be a little more specific?"

Del rolled her eyes, "Very funny. I mean, do you feel something here?" Del tapped her chest. "Like some weird feeling or..." Del's hand waved in the air as she searched for a better word.

Toshra bit off another quip about Del's eloquence as she realized that she had been feeling something weird that she couldn't put her finger on. Del was still rambling, trying to find a word. Toshra grabbed her waving hand causing Del to look back up at her.

"I think I have been feeling something."

"Does it feel like its coming from something in that," Del's other hand pointed, "direction?"

Toshra closed her eyes and focused her mind on the feeling. "Yeah, I think it does."

"You want to go find out what it is?" Toshra's grin and the excitement that sparked in her eyes was all the answer Del needed.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 8 November 2016 at 11:26 PM

@icymuffin @Orderedchaos @blackcatvenus @ems @nightmaremoon12

"All of these people are crazy." Muse muttered quietly to herself. She glanced towards the remaining group with a curious glint in her eyes before she inched closer to the anomaly. Not entering, but instead watching and observing.

"Do you want to use a rope are are y'all fine with just dropping in like the rest?" they asked, pushing hair out of their face as they stood a little ways off from the anomaly.

It called to Muse, as it had before they entered the forest. As it had to lead them to this particular spot. Something that Muse needed to find for themself, and something that they hoped others would be able to help to discover.

It wouldn't be a good idea to jump in unprepared, but the anomaly hadn't flashed in a color change as the rest entered it. Perhaps that was a good sign?

Non-binary
6,875 posts

ems • 9 November 2016 at 7:45 PM

@orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12
--

Callisto edged a little closer to the anomaly, biting their tongue at first. One of their legs had finally returned to normal, although this left their gait stilted and awkward.

"Well..." Did they have time? "I-I don't know. I don't k-know if we have time to go g-get a rope...? Maybe, um, maybe if I just stick my head in... Maybe I can see what's on the other side?" They limped a little closer, even closer than Muse stood. It seemed to be that they were the only two left.

Callisto reached up carefully to adjust their glasses, resisting the urge to stick their hand into the anomaly. Their eyes quickly flickered from the anomaly to the other person, trying to distract from the magnetic pull of the odd tear in reality.

"Uh, what do you think?"

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 9 November 2016 at 8:08 PM

@orderedchaos
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@ems
@nightmaremoon12

Katherine tapped on the tree trunk. "I say we go explore," she announced, now leaning on the tree. She motioned to Xanlea. "Like you said, we might be here for a while, so we'd best figure out at least where we are."

She paused for a bit, to make sure everyone was listening. "I mean, whats the worst that could happen? I have my weird light-producer necklace..." She paused again. Like they would have any idea what that is, she hardly knew herself!

"So, um, about my idea of exploring?"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 10 November 2016 at 4:21 AM

He grinned and nodded in return to Xanlea.

“My name is…” He paused, his brows furrowed, trying to focus on something. “Call me August.”

For a brief moment, it felt as if there were memories sitting just on the edge of his conscious mind, waiting for him to remember them. They felt so vague, though, and difficult to grasp. Just then the fidgety girl spoke out again, and the feeling passed. The memories retreated back and he couldn’t help but feel somewhat disappointed.

August scanned the clearing once more–nothing as far as he could see–and shrugged. There was probably no convincing the girl not to anyways, considering how she almost immediately began to wander off earlier, he thought. Glancing back at the clearing they had landed in, from what he could tell, the other girl from earlier didn’t seem to have followed along. He hoped that she was alive, but didn’t give it further thought.

“For starters, we’re in an unknown environment, so anything can happen. But, it wouldn’t be much of a stretch to say the three of us are looking for answers to what’s been happening this past day, would it? So now... Where to.”

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 13 November 2016 at 9:49 PM

@ems
@thebrokenvibe
@icymuffin
@blackcatvenus
@nightmaremoon12

*shakes fist at writers block*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xanlea

Xanlea turned in a circle taking in the whole clearing. "Well, I guess any direction is as good as any other." Shrugging off his backpack, Xanlea reached in and after a moment of fishing around pulled out a pocket knife. Stepping up to a tree he carved a quick mark on it. "Don't want to get lost and we should definitely stick together." He said as he readjusted his backpack.

"You know," he said conversationally to August as he started to walk. "Its a relief to hear that someone else has been having these weird things happen to them. The first time I had one of those weird dreams I just shrugged it off. But then it wasn't just dreams," he hesitated slightly, "there were physical changes too. I thought I was going insane."

Xanlea looked over at August. "Has anything other than the dreams happened to you?"

As they walked Xanlea occasionally made marks on the trees they passed. Up ahead the trees began to thin and Xanlea began to hear the sound of running water.