Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team (discussion/sign ups)

in Roleplaying

Is this a neat idea for a Roleplay?

1,242 posts

bot • 4 October 2016 at 5:34 PM

New RP: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team. This is the discussion and sign up thread; to actually roleplay, visit this topic instead.

This is the first RP I've made in a long time, so I apologize if it's confusing at all. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

This topic can be easily accessed through the #BotPMD hashtag if you need a quick link.

-------
OVERVIEW:

Welcome to the world of Pokémon! In this world, there are no trainers; only Pokémon living their lives in peace.

For whatever reason, there has been a strange outcrop of humans being transformed into Pokémon and waking up in random parts of the world. The adventure begins as one of these humans awakens in Tiny Woods with no memory of who they once were. Are you ready to begin?

(This RP will begin as soon as someone accepts the role of the human-turned-Pokémon. None of my characters fit this role.)

-

RULES:

- No more than two characters per person, sorry. You may introduce side characters, such as merchants and other NPC's, to help the story along anytime you please, but keep main characters to a minimum.
- No legendary Pokémon are permitted as main characters. They can appear as boss fights or other NPC's if necessary, but they cannot appear ordinarily.
- NO OVERPOWERED CHARACTERS.
- Main characters can be pretty much any Pokémon you want, but keeping it limited to starters would be nice.
- Shiny Pokémon and Pokémon with otherwise altered appearances/accessories are allowed, but please make them be similar to the original design of the Pokémon they are. Use shiny Pokémon very sparingly, as they are very rare and should appear as such.
- Try to keep your responses as sensical as possible, and try to make the plotline follow that of the game Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team. If you aren't familiar with the events in the game, there are numerous Bulbapedia articles explaining it. 😊
- Pokémon from Generation 7 are allowed.
- Please be respectful of other roleplayers and make sure everyone gets included! Make sure to never leave anyone's character out of the story.

-

SIGN-UPS:
Please copy/paste this section and fill it out in your first post in this topic.

NAME:
POKÉMON:
AGE (make this equivalent to maturity level, not physical age, as animals and presumably Pokémon age quicker than humans):
APPEARANCE:
PERSONALITY:
ROLE (in a rescue team, merchant, etc):
OTHER:

-

MY CHARACTERS:

Main characters:

NAME: Axel
POKÉMON: Mudkip
APPEARANCE: Melanistic. His skin is black, and his underbelly is greyish. His gills on the side of his face are light gray.
PERSONALITY: Curious and excitable. Likes to go on adventures and find treasure, although he hasn't found much in his lifetime.
ROLE (in a rescue team, merchant, etc): n/a
OTHER: He dreams of joining a rescue team with his friends.

Side/supporting characters:

NAME: Skipper
POKÉMON: Politoed
APPEARANCE: Normal Politoed. He wears a bow tie with his Rescue Team Badge in the center of it.
PERSONALITY: Kind and likes to lend a helping hand. He helps younger Rescue Teams get into the swing of things.
ROLE: Member of the Clearwater Rescue Team, along with Westwood.
OTHER: He spends a lot of time near Whiscash pond.

NAME: Westwood
POKÉMON: Slowking
APPEARANCE: Regular Slowking. Wears a bow tie with his Rescue Team Badge in the center of it.
PERSONALITY: Bookish and worldly. Likes to talk about his travels, but often ends up boring people. Always eager to help people.
ROLE (in a rescue team, merchant, etc): Member of the Clearwater Rescue Team, along with Skipper.
OTHER: He's traveled all around the Pokémon world. He even met the legendary Pokémon Mew during his travel to a buried relic.

-

ALL CHARACTERS:

This is a quick overview of all the characters in this RP. If you join, your character will be added below.

Main Characters:

◦ Axel - Mudkip (Belongs to @BOT)
◦ Chase - Rockruff (Belongs to @Sheepfox)
◦ Alissa - Vulpix (Belongs to @Lailaluckyseal87)
◦ Faressain - Snivy (Belongs to @Faressain)
◦ Cardinal - Purrloin (Belongs to @BlackCatVenus)
◦ Danna - Delcatty (Belongs to @Panda9983)
◦ Lola - Leafeon (Belongs to @Panda9983)

Side characters:

◦ Skipper - Politoed (Belongs to @BOT)
◦ Westwood - Slowking (Belongs to @BOT)

* The and signs refer to male and female Pokémon, respectively.

-

EXISTING RESCUE TEAMS:
◦ Team BlueFlame (Members: Alissa and Chase)
◦ Team Helpers (Members: Lola and Danna)
◦ Team Clearwater (Members: Skipper and Westwood)

-

PINGLIST:

These are the current participants in the RP. You may copy/paste the following list onto your response to notify the whole group when you respond to this RP.

@bot
@faressain
@sheepfox
@lailaluckyseal87
@blackcatvenus
@panda9983

-BOT

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 5 October 2016 at 9:29 AM

NAME: Chase
POKÉMON: Iwanko
APPEARANCE: Normal Iwanko with a blue bandana around his neck.
PERSONALITY: Loyal and daring. He will do anything to save his friends, even if it means losing his life. He's agile and alert, and doesn't really think things through before stepping into them.
ROLE: In a rescue team, name is WIP
OTHER: WIP

@bot i don't know much about Red Rescue Team, so you'll probably have to walk us through the whole thing. Btw, sorry i'm pinging you so late!

@lailaluckyseal87 you could join with Alissa! 'v'

Male
584 posts

faressain • 5 October 2016 at 10:05 AM

@bot (Hmm... Interesting... i love new experiences... Gonna check the Bulbapedia if I'm missing some of information.)
@sheepfox (You can make partner? We are two actives.)

NAME: Faressain (Yup... Releasing my altered OC)
POKÉMON: Snivy
APPEARANCE: Normal Snivy with eagle symbol, which left randomly.
PERSONALITY: Nimble and outrageous, however sometimes caring. Sometimes acts stubborn, because of his symbolic, patriotic. May also randomly start speaking with Polish (I usually make symbols /= =\, |= =| or #), but sometimes stops speaking Polish fast...
ROLE: Once a human, changed into Pokémon in Szumsko forest accident.
OTHER: Also lookalike to me.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 5 October 2016 at 6:32 PM

@faressain oh...i had already agreed to be lailaluckyseal's partner, in a conversation....maybe we could have a team of 3?

@bot could we have a team of 3?

Oh, Laila wanted me to add a role for her...I won't be controlling it, but she doesn't have time.

Here's the conversation for proof... http://eggcave.com/mail/conversation/92347/0#805897

Sorry, i just like to make sure my point comes across.

NAME: Alissa
POKÉMON: Vulpix
APPEARANCE: A normal vulpix, with a red bandana around her neck.
PERSONALITY: Alissa is brave and smart. She is a daredevil, and not a rule follower. She is pretty good at exploring. She's pretty cute and is good at making friends. If she gets too upset she may attack and get raged.
ROLE: In a rescue team, the name is a WIP
OTHER: WIP

1,242 posts

bot • 6 October 2016 at 4:38 PM

Edit: changed my characters a little bit. Skipper and Westwood are now supporting characters, and a new character, Axel, is my main one. Feel free to check out the first post for into on him.

@faressain Accepted!
@sheepfox Of course! Teams of three are perfectly fine; I was planning on making Axel join someone's team anyway. I guess we'll have to use a team of four (four is the maximum in the PMD series anyway, so this should work out perfectly). Also, accepted!

Faressain will have to start the RP since they accepted the role of human-turned-Pokémon in the story. We'll add on to the plot once they begin.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 October 2016 at 4:40 PM

@bot should we start? 'v' nice roles btw

and sure, Axel can join our team! I'm excited!

1,242 posts

bot • 6 October 2016 at 4:41 PM

@sheepfox We'll start once we hear back from @faressain; they accepted the role of the human, so I'll let them start us off.

I'm currently editing the original post to include everyone's characters, hold on. 😊

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 October 2016 at 4:47 PM

@Bot Oh ^^; i wasn't going to control Alissa, i just added the role for Laila, since she requested it, and she was busy.

1,242 posts

bot • 6 October 2016 at 4:48 PM

@sheepfox Oh, all right! I'll edit that in. Thanks for specifying!

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 October 2016 at 5:04 PM

@bot
@faressain
@lailaluckyseal

What do you guys think of 'Team Blueflame' for a name?

1,242 posts

bot • 6 October 2016 at 6:42 PM

@sheepfox

It's nice!

Also, I'll make a RP topic so we can separate discussion from actual Roleplaying.

Edit: here is the link to the RP topic.

Female
127 posts

blackcatvenus • 7 October 2016 at 7:52 PM

Hey! Mind I join? @bot

Name: Cardinal
Pokemon: Purrloin
Appearence: Normal Purrloin, has a purple gem on her forehead
Personality: Proud and regal, somewhat shy and doesn't trust other people (Errr... Pokémon) easily. She is sly an untrustworthy herself.
Role: A thief.

1,242 posts

bot • 7 October 2016 at 9:53 PM

@blackcatvenus Of course! Thank you!

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 13 October 2016 at 3:02 AM

@bot
Pretty bored so I'll join. Need a but help when it comes to Red Rescue Team.

NAME: Danna
POKÉMON: Delcatty
APPEARANCE: Normal. She wears a purple bow on her head.
PERSONALITY: Sweet and caring. She is very cute. Loves to help people. She prefers to stay away from crowds.
ROLE : In a rescue team with Lola, the name is Team Helpers.
OTHER: None

NAME: Lola
POKÉMON: Leafeon
APPEARANCE: Regular. Wears a blue bow on her head.
PERSONALITY: Kind, friendly and cute. Loves to help. She is good with nature. Very daring and brave.
ROLE : In a rescue team with Danna, the name is Team Helpers.
OTHER: None

1,242 posts

bot • 14 October 2016 at 6:35 PM

@panda9983 Accepted! Also, is their rescue team named Helpers or Charm? It says both in your application, and a rescue team can only have one name.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 14 October 2016 at 8:08 PM

@bot
I forgot because I changed the application a little, it's Helpers. Also will change a bit of the forms just because I want to add a few things.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 December 2016 at 2:33 PM

@bot sorry it's slightly late, I hope it's alright.
Name: Ellie
Pokemon: Espeon
Appearance: Regular, wears a bow next to one ear and a ribbon around her neck and on her tail. All her ribbons and bows are Violet.
Personality: Sweet, fun, adventurous, brave, loyal.
Role: In a rescue team with Uma called Team Believe.
Other: Her and Uma are best friends.

Name: Uma
Pokemon: Umbreon
Appearance: Regular. Wears the same as Ellie but in yellow.
Personality: Quiet, fun, adventurous, hopeful, strong, brave, honest.
Role: In a rescue team with Ellie called Team Believe
Other: Her and Ellie are best friends.