Gravity Falls roleplay!

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 30 October 2016 at 10:58 PM

Seeing as no one is going to post in the signups thread, I might as well start the roleplay.
THIS ROLEPLAY IS OPEN FOR ANYONE TO JOIN!!!
Just saying, it's pretty lonely roleplaying with just two people, so I'm looking forward to seeing some more role players arrive!
@foreigners
The thread where you can join is right here;
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/62145

If you actually want to join, PLEASE READ EVERYTHING I wrote there first, I spent hours putting it together and it would be an awful waste if no one bothered to read it. I repeat, you will learn everything you need to know over there, alright?

Now for the roleplay!
I’ve been waiting to do this for days…
SO EOXJUITIEDC1!!!!!1!!!11

*exited*

The wind puffed through the twisted net of branches, giving a strained, whistling noise. It brought an icy chill upon the forest, and anything within it, the grey skies doing little to lift the ugly mood. But in the jagged path shadowed by the sighing trees, a small figure wandered through the shrubs with a hammer in one hand and a bunch of wooden signs tucked under his other.

Dipper Pines paused to nail another sign to a tree. At the sound of a branch snapping, he spun around and stared around him, before warily returning to his task. It wasn’t that the work was tiring to him, but the forest had a strange sense of foreboding to it and it was playing with his imagination. He tried his best to ignore the fear that gnawed at him and seemed to creep up his back. He thought he heard rustlings in the bushes, but dismissed it as the wind.

The creature watched him with great interest from her place. It seemed odd to her that someone new to the woods would be bold enough to venture down so deep, especially since these parts were swarming with creepy stories that were frequently passed around the Gravity Falls town. Perhaps he hadn’t heard of what could happen down here…
None of the stories were about her anyway, and she liked that. Most of the other creatures had been running amok and scaring any stray humans that ventured out into the shadows.
The creature scanned for others before leaving. Her paws didn’t make a noise as she scampered off, but Dipper felt the rush of air on the back of his neck. He turned to see what looked like a flash of dark fire vanish into the distance. He frowned and squinted in the shadowy light, then started working faster. This place was giving him the creeps! But why on earth would no one believe him when he said that he had seen something?
At least there was only one sign left to hang up.
“Ugh, Grunkle Stan. Nobody ever believes anything I say.” He muttered to himself. He lay the nail against the tree and tapped at it with the hammer, eager to leave the woods behind.
Clank.
”Huh?”
He put his ear against the tree. The wood didn’t feel real, it was cold and much harder than any other tree. He tapped his hammer against the ‘wood’ to confirm his suspicions.
Clank, clank, clank.
Okay, this wasn’t wood. This was definitely not a real tree. And was it…. Hollow?
He rubbed his hand against the bark and felt something that felt like a door. He dug his fingers into the crack and pulled.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 30 October 2016 at 11:43 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A shallow clanking sound entered the blackness of my dreams, and I snapped my eyes opened, still somewhere I didn't know. Where I was felt vast...
Familiar.
It wasn't until the sound continued I realized where I was; my mind.
"That would explain why it was familiar." I mumbled to myself, snapping my fingers to create shapes in the endless darkness. "Why am I here, again." I rubbed my chin with a hand I knew wasn't there a second ago and laughed. "Oh, yeah! I needed to get something... What was it?"

OOC:
Omg Audrei,,,,, that's amazingly written! Idk what to do with Bill at the moment, so let's pretend he's kind of like in stasis inside of his mindscape until Dipper actually opens the journal.

And idk
Bill is pretty much insane.

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 31 October 2016 at 8:09 AM

@foreigners
OOC:
Heh, thanks! BTW remember the female creature that was watching Dipper earlier? I'm working on her character form. Also, you accidentally pressed ,,,,,,,,,,, instead of .......
XD
I left it at Dipper about to open the box because I didn't know what you were going to do. 😋
_____________________________________-_-_-_-_-________--_----_-__-__--__------_----
WUT
_______________________-----_--_----___-___________________-_-

Creaaaak!
Dipper yanked away the lid, and the layer swung away in it's hinges like a cupboard. The sound echoed through the misty woods and reached the mystery creature. She pricked her ears, and something told her it was the boy she had seen earlier. Suddenly a strange urge filled her, it told her to sneak back and watch what was happening. She had never felt anything like it. She turned her head and stared through the mist, using her clairvoyance to see through the semi darkness. She muttered in annoyance when she realized that she was too far away, and slunk wraith like into a patch of shadow before retracing her steps.

Dipper stared at the machine. He reached out and brushed off several cobwebs. It looked like a radio, but was clustered with dials and switches. There was a block of buttons next to an cracked, ancient screen, and there were a pair of large, main switches sticking out of the top almost like ears. Judging by how rusty it was, it must have been there for a long time.
Dipper tried the first switch. It made a click, but nothing happened. Undeterred, Dipper tugged at the second switch, and suddenly there was a huge whirring and he felt a rush of air behind him.

He turned to see a huge hole open up in the ground, and he ran to it with curiosity. The creature watched from behind a thorny shrub as he lifted a dusty book from out of the hole. She was surprised that a newcomer to Gravity Falls would be able to get into it's other side this quickly, but she didn't see it as anything special. Yet. After all, she didn't really watch the humans much. It wasn't until the boy wiped the dust off the book and the creature caught a glimpse of the gold plated cover and the number '3' on the six fingered hand, that she knew what kind of a find the human boy had made.

The aura surrounding the journal suddenly became so strong that it hurt. She backed away, but it didn't help much. Although she was dying to see what could happen next, the moral laws she had grown up learning flashed through her mind. Stay away from trouble, and you won't regret it. And she had always stayed away from the paths of other creatures, even those which were weaker than her. But the creature still hesitated before turning away and disappearing.

Dipper looked over his shoulder at what he thought something had been staring at him earlier. The bush was large, large enough for someone to hide behind and peer through it's branches. But Dipper thought nothing of it. How on earth would someone be able to move so quickly and yet remain unheard? And why in the world would they be staying here so long just to stare at what he was doing? He was just another ordinary kid, right?

Unaware of how quiet the forest had suddenly become, Dipper turned to a page and let the book fall open.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 6 November 2016 at 12:24 PM

OOC:
@audrei9
I meant to do the ',,,,,,,,,' instead c:<
Idk what I'm doing,,,, It's just random right now, I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My form snapped into existence, and I couldn't help but let a giddy laugh escape. I was free. After all this time, I was free again.

OOC:
I'm not really sure what to do with this isosceles monster/human thing yet. ;-;

@pitch1226 here's the rp 😸

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 17 November 2016 at 3:31 PM

@foreigners @audrei9
Hope this is ok! ^^" Wasn't sure how long or short to make it.

The page Dipper turned to crinkled at the movement. Symbols and pictures with notes were scattered on one side, while on the other was a journal entry. "'June eighteenth'," he read aloud. "'It's hard to believe its been six years since I've began studying the strange and wondrous secrets of Gravity Falls, Oregon.'" Dipper could feel his adrenaline slowly start to incline, his curiosity taking hold of him. He turned through a few pages, one by one, skimming through the aging text. As he did, the air seemed to sharpen, the sudden chillness nipping at Dipper's nose. "What is this? Floating eyeballs? Gnomes?" Questions raced across his mind, faster than Dipper could keep up with them. Finally, an entry caught his attention. The writing seemed more frantic, thoughts just thrown down as quickly as possible.

"'Unfortunately, my suspicions have been confirmed. I'm being watched! I must hide this book before he finds it. Remember, in Gravity Falls there's no one you can trust.'" Dipper closed the journal absentmindedly, deep in thought about what he had just read. An eerie feeling surrounded the area and refused to let go. He stared into the wood's darkness, theories popping in his head. "No one you can trust..." The phrase echoed through Dipper's head violently.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 20 November 2016 at 3:06 PM

@pitch1226
It's fine, Pitch!!
((Sorry that I didn't respond; my computer managed to stop working, so now I'm on my sister's))

A chill erupted through me as my body changed, growing taller, two eyes forming on my now human head. My arms and legs grew, pops being heard as new bones and joints settled in place.
When I felt it was ok to open my eyes, I almost gasped in surprise; my form was human. I was human.
My hands clasped as I floated in a sitting position above the ground, inspecting my body with excitement. So... I'm human now. This is a thing.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 December 2016 at 9:02 PM

@foreigners @audrei9

Dipper carefully turned the journal over, examining the inside of the cover. A ripped piece of aged paper was tapped on it. His fingers brushed against the jagged edge that had been torn as he read the remaining message aloud, "'Property of...' of who? Who does this belong to? What happen to them? Who is He?" The questions waterfalled into Dipper's mind, making his head hurt.

He closed the book, all of a sudden aware that he was still in the forest. Had it always been this dark? Clutching the journal tight to his chest, Dipper slowly made a three sixty turn, looking into the shadows that seemed to appear out of no where. A chill ran down the boy's spine, causing him to shiver. The feeling of being watched nagged at the back of his mind, although Dipper wasn't sure if it was paranoia or some sort of intuition. Dipper didn't care what Grunkle Stan said, there was something weird about Gravity Falls. And he had every intention of finding out what.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 6 December 2016 at 9:34 PM

@pitch1226 @audrei9

When I looked up, eyes stared back at me through the darkness. Unwillingly, I squinted, unsure of who they were. They seemed to be holding... a book? From here, I couldn't see much more, but I knew for a fact that I wanted to get closer.

I found myself floating closer to the boy until only bushed were in between us. My eyes traveled over him, stopping at the symbol on his hat. Pine Tree...

OOC: Sorry that it's not long

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 7 December 2016 at 12:36 AM

@foreigners @audrei9

It's fine! 😃
Sorry, for the switch of point of view, first is just easier for me ^^"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes widened as a figure started to advance toward me. I gripped the journal until my knuckles turned white. My eyes drifted from the newcomer's strikingly bright eyes to his feet that revealed he was... floating? Looking up again, I noticed his hat was also floating.

"Uh, W-who are you?" I hated how my voice shook and came out like a squeak. Those eyes bothered me, even though I had no idea why. The beat of my heart raced and thumped loudly in my ears.

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 14 December 2016 at 5:21 AM

@pitch1226 @foreigners

An ugly little moth with tattered wings fluttered out from the spine of the Journal, although Bill didn't seem to notice it. It seemed to whisper to Dipper before it flew away.
He wants the journal... Don't let him take it.

*Ford's messenger 😊

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 6:38 AM

@audrei9 @pitch1226

"The name's Bill, kid. Bill Cipher." I tipped my hat to him. "What about you, meatsack?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YK9OOpjzo

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 8:00 AM

@foreigners @audrei9

I was barely able to catch the whisper of a warning over Bill's introduction. My eyes shot from the journal that I still clutched against my chest, then quickly back to the floating newcomer. The message from the journal echoed in my mind, There's no one you can trust, there's no one you can trust, there's no one you can trust.

I cautiously took a small step back, careful not to break eye contact.

"W-why do you care? What do you want? Where did you come from?" The trees seemed taller all of a sudden. I knew the Mystery Shack wasn't that far, so why did it feel like it was miles away? I considered making a run for it, but I never was an athlete. Plus I was willing to bet that this "Bill Cipher" was a lot faster than me...

I'll watch it once I get home, school wifi blocks youtube 😊

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 9:03 AM

@pitch1226 @audrei9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I mean, I don't, but it's what humans call being 'polite', isn't it?" I moved a few more feet towards him. "I came from my mind, kid! The question is, what do you think I want?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lol ok 😸 fair warning that it's really stupid

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 5:38 PM

@foreigners

His unexpected advancement took me by surprise. In an attempt to quickly move back, I tripped over my feet and landed on my butt with a soft thud. I quickly stood up and adjusted my hat.

"Your mind? But that doesn't make any..." Something told me common logic didn't apply to this guy. All the more reason not to trust him.

"How should I know? I mean, I just met you," I cautiously replied.

What did I just watch XD

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 5:55 PM

@pitch1226

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grinned as the meatsack fell, tripping backward and automatically standing back up.

"It doesn't have to be sense to be true." I touched my legs to the ground and stood. "But I can see what you've done. It will be just like I've always known you." I mean, it's true...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The world o3o

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 7:01 PM

@foreigners

"What do you mean by that? There's no possible way you could know who I am."
Right? We had just met. I would think I would remember meeting someone like him.

All of a sudden, I had an idea. Maybe this guy was in the journal? I opened it up, still keeping a close eye on Bill.

Sounds accurate XD

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 7:40 PM

@pitch1226

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmm... Thinking, are you? That won't work, meatsack!" I chuckled airily, staring at him as he looked through the journal. "You won't find this body in here."

I floated behind him lazily, ignoring him watching me.

Yep lol

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 8:13 PM

@foreigners

"Why do you keep calling me 'Meatsack'? My name's Dipper-" I realized my mistake too late. The last thing I wanted was for Bill to know my name. The less information he knew about me the better.

"How do you know I won't find something? Do you know anything about this journal?" I asked, quickly trying to change the subject.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 8:52 PM

@pitch1226

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dipper Pines, I know!" My head shook in mock amusement. "Look, kid, let's cut to the chase; I want that journal." I motioned to the book in his hands. "You won't be able to read that thing easily... Though, I could tell you what it says."

I floated back in front of him, putting my hand in front of me, I closed an eye.

"How about we make a deal?"

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 9:06 PM

@foreigners

For the first few moments, all I could do was stare. He had known without me telling him. But how? Why? The request for the journal snapped my thoughts back to the situation at hand. I opened it up a little. Codes everywhere, symbols layered the pages. It would be nice to know what it said without hours of trying to deciphering it...

I lifted one of my hands off the journal. My hand hovered above the cover, unwilling to make a decision. Holding the journal tight again, I replied, "Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll manage."

Turning around, I tried to quickly walk away in the direction I was hoping the Mystery Shack was in.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 9:36 PM

@pitch1226

"Aww, come on, Pinetree! Don't be like that!" I caught up with him easily, laying in the air beside him as he walked. "I'll even let you decide half of the terms and conditions!" I thought about what to offer for a second before continuing. "I could hook you up with that 'Wendy' human."

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 9:47 PM

@foreigners

Skidding to a halt, I could feel my blood boil and cheeks blush a deep red. "I don't know what you're talking about! She just works at the Mystery Shack. That's all!" I continued to walk hoping the redness in my cheeks were fading. "Why do you want the journal so badly? You already seem to know everything," I growled at him, irritated. "Not that you do know everything of course..."

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 10:40 PM

@pitch1226

"Fine by me, Pinetree." There was no question whether he was different or not. "I don't know everything. Not yet, anyway, but I can find out."

I stopped suddenly, staring at the ground before looking to the sky, both eyes open. What if that journal doesn't help? Hmm... What would I do now? Would I go back to the mindscape, or would I just travel around?

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 11:02 PM

@foreigners

First Meatsack, now Pinetree. Great. I continued to walk until I realized Bill stopped. I glanced back and wondered what could be going on in a head like his. Despite Bill's previous statement, I found my self wondering, how much did he really know?

I turned my head forward again and could see the faint outline of the Mystery Shack.

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 14 December 2016 at 11:23 PM

@pitch1226

Shaking my head, I trudged on after Pinetree, still lost in thoughts. What would happen though? I need to know if I would leave if I couldn't figure this out.

"Meatsacks are humans, and your symbol is a Pinetree." I explained nonchalantly.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 December 2016 at 11:47 PM

@foreigners

I would really have to be careful of what I'm thinking about when around Bill. "Symbol? Just because my hat has a Pinetree? Does every human have a symbol? I wonder if my sister does. Her's would probably be a unicorn or a rainbow or something like that."

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 15 December 2016 at 6:39 AM

@pitch1226 @foreigners

Suddenly Mabel skidded into the clearing, wearing a glove on her head like a hat. "Hey Dipper!" She called, before noticing Bill. "Gruncle Stan wants us to come to the Mystery Shack for a moment. Who is that your talking to? By the way, that yellow costume makes you look awesome! Are you cosplaying or something?"

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 15 December 2016 at 7:46 AM

@audrei9 @foreigners

"Coming. I wonder what Grunkle Stan wants now." I glanced at Bill as I went to enter the Mystery Shack. "Um, just someone I met in the woods..." Tucking the journal into my jacket, I walked up to Mable. "Let's just see what the old man wants."

Transmasculine
422 posts

shrimp • 15 December 2016 at 6:40 PM

@audrei9 @pitch1226

"Names Bill Cipher, kid." I addressed her like I did Pinetree. "Dressing up like others? Guess you could say that..." I balanced on my heels, rocking back and forth. "Would you be the infamous Mabel? Dipper's thought* so much about you!"

*= as in bill went through dipper's past thoughts

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 15 December 2016 at 8:05 PM

@foreigners @audrei9

I furrowed my eyebrows at Bill's comment. "What do you mean by that?" Where did he get that information?, I thought to myself, I hadn't really said anything about Mable. Just what Mable's symbol would be. Although I didn't like to admit it, but I was somewhat disturbed, but impressed. How did he do that?