Doctor Who anyone??

in Entertainment

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 9 September 2011 at 7:47 PM

Anyone want to discuss Doctor who with me, or any other scifis. I'm a bit of a geek 8)

9,386 posts

smilies • 9 September 2011 at 7:56 PM

I liked the old one much better, David Tennant ☚ī¸

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 9 September 2011 at 7:59 PM

Yeah I miss Tennant to, but I think Matt Smith is doing a good job. Eventually I'm gonna watch some real old ones 😊 like black and white with terrible special effects 😃

542 posts

mellyottl • 9 September 2011 at 8:01 PM

[And the trippiest title sequence ever]

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 9 September 2011 at 8:19 PM

what the old school I've only seen one so I don't remenber the title sequence... I saw the three doctors and thought it was great to see the doctor argue with himself!!

Deleted • 10 September 2011 at 1:28 PM

I always thought the first doctor looked like Albert Einstein... 😱

Although I think my favorite doctor was the official ninth doctor, Christopher Eccleston. I dunno why, I just liked him a lot. Maybe cuz he was the first one I ever saw...

But David Tennant's just awesome overall.

Personally, the reason I like Matt Smith's doctor character is because his companions are Amy and Rory. I don't particularly care for Amy, I liked Rose better, but Rory is SO AWESOME.

Now I sound like a total geek for writing all this...but I love Doctor Who! 😃

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 10 September 2011 at 4:29 PM

haha I could see the Einstein thing, you never forget your first doctor it's like a bonding thing and Christopher Eccleston was my first too and I loved watching the bonding between him and Rose. In English we watched Hamlet w/David Tennant and I was one of the only people that enjoyed it, but it was awesome. I think the best bit about Matt Smith is his doctor's carefree attitude. He's more happy go lucky and such, but the whole River thing is starting to be too predictable...

Deleted • 10 September 2011 at 7:55 PM

@hawk_fan

Yeah I know...Smith made fezzes cool. 😊

And on the River thing, I accidentally clicked on her 'biography' thing on IMDb and knew about the whole 'Melody Pond' thing before I watched the episode...but I'm hoping they'll get past the River thing by the end of season six.

And now I sorta want to try fish fingers and custard. I'd probably hate it, considering I don't like fish...

At least I'm not like the 10th doctor: "I hate pears!" That clip was awesome. I'm so sad that in the official episode Martha has to fast-forward through that. ☚ī¸

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 10 September 2011 at 8:06 PM

❤ī¸!!!!! I love Doctor Who! I am actually going to get a Doctor Who tattoo. Full sleeve. 😊

(sorry for that. Just got extremely happy there are eggcavers who share my obsession and sci fi dweeb-ery. 😊 )

I will admit David Tennant is my favorite, buttttt Matt Smith is kind of growing on me. It must be the bow ties 😊 I would have to say my favorite episodes were with The Weeping Angels. Freaked me out good and proper when you take into account how often we blink.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 13 September 2011 at 4:28 PM

Absolutely ADORE Doctor Who. ❤ī¸ Total nerd and proud. 8D Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is what got me hooked, and I'll have to admit... I hated David Tennant at first (what can I say, I hate change. XD) but then... I realised just how fantastic he really was, and the many series he was with Doctor Who for was just fabulous.
But I love Matt Smiths Doctor too, he's weird and random... all good qualities for the Doctor, of course. I dislike Amy, but I approve of her hair (fellow redhead!). And Rory is just awesome. 😋

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 13 September 2011 at 4:35 PM

what i love about the angels is how continuality changed, but the episodes have the same author, but when Moffat was still surprising

I've never seen the pear thing, but my fave 10 moment was a minisode by Moffat when a privious doctor landed in the TARDIS and Tennent toatally geeked out 😃 I act the same way when Eureka makes Doctor Who references or an actor from one scifi appears on another

I wanna try the fish finger custard thing too probably gross but whatever...

Feezes and bow-ties make him so adorable (or at least I think so)

Male
536 posts

creaturlord • 13 September 2011 at 5:17 PM

@Hawk_fan When I was 8-9 I read doctor who,if thats what you're talking about(a crazy place)

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 13 September 2011 at 5:24 PM

I absolutely love doctor who!!!!

I really don't mind the characters as I get quite used to them quickly. I found the latest episode quite weird with Amy as her older self in the girl who waited (I think that's what it's called). But overall I really find Doctor who really good and I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 13 September 2011 at 5:25 PM

I saw only a few episodes. My suitemate is obsessed with the show. It looks good, I may watch it from the beginning when I have the time

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 13 September 2011 at 5:28 PM

@hawk_fan

*suspiciously*

You're not my little brother I hope? :/

Ah what the heck...

I like David Tennant best, since he's most 'pleasant to look at', but to be honest, I think Matt Smith's doctor is more fun to watch, he's bonkers so to speak XD I'm not a big fan of the really old episodes, but I guess the ones with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker are ok (third and I think fifth doctor. fourth and first are decent, but I really hate the second )X). I'm not a really big Doctor Who fan though, my brother ruined it with his stupid obsessions (same goes for Star Wars, his previous obsession) X.x

EDIT: @gvantsa Do you even know what you're saying? XD But anyway, apparently some of the footage of the old episodes has been lost, so you can't possibly watch the entire series (I'd say just start with the first new episode with Eccleston, the new ones are best anyways) 😊

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 13 September 2011 at 7:54 PM

I'm no one's little brother hehe I'm a girl, my brother has overobsesed over shows and ruined them too... best way to start with Eccleston is Netflix that's how I showed my ex them and how some of his friends got into it

Deleted • 13 September 2011 at 7:57 PM

I love the current guy, and we have BBC America, it's just not authorized!☚ī¸ But I can watch it at my friend's house or my Grandma's house. Melody Pond, River Song. Haven't seen the episodes involving them... yet. *lurk lurk lurk*

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 14 September 2011 at 2:14 PM

@choocalate
So haven't you seen the one where Melody Pond first turns into River Song?

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 14 September 2011 at 2:22 PM

@lily- That one was nice 😊 My dad paid for extra channels to get BBCone, since my brother wouldn't shut up about it XD *realizes* OMG THERE'S SOMETHING WE GET TO SEE FASTER THAN AMERICANS 8D Sorry XD Couldn't resist 😸 Here in Europe we're always behind with EVERYTHING (especially in the Netherlands)...

@hawk_fan I bet your brother isn't 18 years old and takes a plastic replica of the latest sonic screwdriver everywhere. He also wears jackets like the Doctor, bought the same shoes as the 11th, wears bow-ties whenever my mom allows and got contacts just because the 11th Doctor doesn't wear glasses. And that's just the tip of the iceberg x.x

Theh XD I guess if you would've been my brother I'd have known by now anyway, due to being drowned in a load of banter about Ood, Sontarans, Daleks, Cybermen etc 😋

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 14 September 2011 at 2:33 PM

@dionaea
Yeh I can understand, same here. I just realized, you live in Europe? I hardly know anyone on eggcave who lives anywhere in Europe except my cousin (who was the person who got me into eggcave in the first place). I mean nearly everyone on eggcave lives in America. That's so cool.

Also, wow. Your brother really likes Doctor Who.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 14 September 2011 at 2:40 PM

@lily- Really? There are plenty actually 😊 Miomar, Isis, Ellen, Nyxulfr, Cafe to name a few 😸

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 14 September 2011 at 2:44 PM

@dionaea
Wow that is so cool. Though you still have to admit that most are from America.

Female
73 posts

elysian • 14 September 2011 at 3:15 PM

I like doctor who, but i think it got REALLY childish in the past few episodes (Namely using 'let's kill hitler' as a selling point for example) and then making the silence out to be a regilious cult. I really hope there is more to the current season than they're giving away, because it looks bad right now.

I liked david tennant too, but the writing was also good, better, in past seasons. 42, the girl in the fireplace, the master's story arc and the doomsday story arc are all excellent renditions of what Doctor Who SHOULD be, but recently it's really been going downhill.

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 14 September 2011 at 5:52 PM

@dionaea that sounds unhealthy lol
@elysian what really stinks is Moffat wrote a lot of the best old episodes and now that he's in charge he's become predictable ☚ī¸ but I'm also glad that the Doctor has accepted his fellow Timelords' fate and can be quarky every scifi needs weirdos 😉

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 14 September 2011 at 6:02 PM

@hawk_fan It IS, especially for me, really bad for my mental health, driving me nuts >.<

@lily- True, most are, but there are some pretty persistent European users on here as well 😸

@elysian & hawk_fan I agree that he's not very good at steering the entire series in the right direction...

Or he's so good at it that we'll be dumbstruck when he reveals the entire plot XD But I admit that right now it's not looking good in terms of overall plot, I was disappointed at the Silence/religion thing as well, but I'm thinking *hoping* there's more behind it. One of the main things that puzzles me is why they want to kill the Doctor THAT badly and what these Silence creeps actually worship, maybe there's a good plot in there somewhere?

It's true though, compared to his earlier episodes this is disappointing, the Girl in the Fireplace is probably my all-time favorite episode.

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 14 September 2011 at 6:07 PM

I missed that one when it first appeared and was the only episode that when I watched the entire series with my ex was new to both of us my fave part was when The Doctor tols Mickey to get perspective over the horse 😃 the Silence being a religion gives opportunity for interesting backstory I hope

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 14 September 2011 at 6:09 PM

I've never watched it, but it sounds interesting. It's on my 'to-watch' list, haha. x)

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 14 September 2011 at 6:21 PM

@dragonstorm78
You should, it's a really great series. 😸 If it weren't for aforementioned family member I'd probably be glued to the TV every weekend...

@hawk_fan XD Yeah, but the ending always makes me bawl >.< So sad T_T

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 14 September 2011 at 6:23 PM

@hawk_fan

OMG, LOVE that show!!!!!!!!! 😃 I do live in America though so no one but me and my brother know about it pretty much ☚ī¸ Finally I have some people to talk to!! But I'm still on season five so please don't ping me with spoilers 😊

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 14 September 2011 at 6:46 PM

@dragonstorm78 netflix is awesome for catching up

@rawrcookies08 I think that is where syfi lost the rights to it right before the Master special oh don't read privious posts if you don't want spoilers

@dionaea my brother is opposite about Doctor Who he only watches things that are "real" like Vampire Diaries, chickflics and documentary shows about log truckers 2 of the 2 I'm certain aren't real... Oh and he thinks I'm a terrible American for watching ANYTHING british... he's building a Japanese car, he's a gaint contradiction...