Stuff of Stars [Sign-Ups]

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 14 January 2017 at 6:27 AM

After the rise of the Space Age, many species have rapidly started to colonize the nearby habitable stars and planets. Magic became a staple of the finaly frontier, with some races using it as part of their culture and daily lives. Races such as Humans, Nebularan, Fremits, and many more are on the rise, and such, the Milky Way galaxy is constantly growing in terms of more spacefaring creatures, expansion of empires, war, and many more.
And then there's you. Yeah, I'm referring to you. You are a spacefaring captain. Are you a captain who wants to diplomatically interact with others, or are you one who will force them all to being destroyed?

Rules:
Unlike my previous space age RP, this one is abundant in magic.
No godmodding/powerplaying.
No mary/gary sues.
You need some weaknesses. Besides, everybody is weak at something.
Fandom characters, especially Sci-Fi based, are welcome.
Same goes with mythology creatures such as the Tengu and Cyclops.
This is a semi-lit roleplay, so please have decent grammar. We don't want text speak over here. Also at least two paragraphs per post, please, even though writing is a pain in the end.
Epithets are welcome.
Your own species can be added, but at least describe them.
If you have read and understood the rules add in a quote from your character.

Form:
~~~~
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Abilities/Weapons:
Weaknesses:
Personality:
Quote:
Other:

Pings of the interested:
~~~~
@thebrokenvibes
@lailaluckyseal87
@emeraldstar
@tralala22
@faressain

Yes, I will make my characters, I promise.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 14 January 2017 at 10:13 AM

@nightmaremoon12 I'll sign up soon 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 14 January 2017 at 5:18 PM

@nightmaremoon12 Thanks for pinging!

Name: Midnight
Species: Half dragon/half human.
Appearence: Midnight has long wavy snow white hair with purple dip-dye. She has purple eyes too. Her skin is like a human's except the occasional scales. She also has a dragon tail that can set itself aflame. Not forgetting a beautiful pair of purple wings.
Clothing: A purple hoodie, black ripped jeans and black sneakers. She wears a silver headband with amethysts on it and bracelets with amethysts on it.
Abilities: Midnight has flame manipulation skills, but only with her tail. When her tail is aflame and it touches something, that something sets on fire. Midnight also has beautiful purple wings which she can use to fly around with.
Weakness: She is weak to water. Aswell as a weakness to emeralds and sapphires.
Personality: Midnight is quiet and gentle. But often fiery and passionate. She is brave and intelligent and not much gets past her unnouticed.
Quote: ''Come on, get it over with. The work ain't going to do itself.''
Other:

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 14 January 2017 at 6:02 PM

@emeraldstar

Accepted!

Name: Nonomy Rilasen
Species: Nebulara
Appearance: She has pale white skin with a hint of lavender. Her wispy lavender hair is tied into a ponytail, and looks like it's ablaze, despite the fact it isn't. She lacks any pupils, and her sclera is completely white. Nonomy is 5"06 in height. Her entire body is composed out of the stuff a nebula is made out of - dust and gas, although she has the same mass of an organic being.
Clothing: She wears a gray long sleeved shirt with a line on the middle on the front, with a V-shaped piece over it. She wears a black pencil skirt and flats, the common uniform for the female Nebularan.
Abilities/Weapons: Like all Nebularans, shs has the power to change her structure to shapeshift and strech her arms to certain distances. Unlike some, she has the ability to manipulate and induce sleep on her opponents, and can potentially steal their dreams. She also has bladed gloves on both of her hands which can retract and detract at will, and a black rifle.
Weaknesses: A shapeshifted Nebularan can't hold their forms forever, as it can cause their main form to be very unstable. Dream inducement can occur when she stares into the eyes of her target long enough for them to start getting into a trance and pass out.
Personality: Nonomy adores military leaders, except any controversial ones. She is tough, serious, but has the big sister archetype within her. She hopes to be a military leader herself. As of now, she is a knight.
Quote: "Nobody messes with Nonomy! I'll make sure you eat those foul words of yours!"
Other:

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 14 January 2017 at 8:03 PM

Is it ok if I can use my character from Warframe I think it seams fitting.

Form:
~~~~
Name: Zura

Species: Tenno/Void Demon (As a few characters from warframe call them.)

Appearance:

https://i.imgsafe.org/ade64a51c3.jpg

Clothing:

Manduka operator set with Koppra hood

Abilities/Weapons: Without his Warframe he can shoot a beam of void energy, a burst of void energy making enemy stagger or fly back, void dash it may look like teleporting but he is just simply dashing into the void and back, surrounding himself in void energy covering him from sight (But can't hold it for a very long time or use multiple times. He needs to recharge like in the game) and Transference enabling him to "possess" machines like a warframe that can move. He uses the warframe Zypher just search up Zypher Warframe profile. His weapons are the Zhuge (An automatic crossbow) and the Deztreza (A rapier).

Weaknesses: Both the real him and his warframe can't take much hits, it's hard for him to hit flying drones and he has to spray and pray to hit it, he has a fear of the dark well not really the dark mirrors in the dark, and has outbursts of void energy when circumstances are right.

Personality: He likes to mess around with his friends/foes, he likes to makes deals and to trade, he tries to make allies first before attacking them, he can be hired for a bounty hunter/hitman but he doesn't always finishes the contract if it seams wrong to him. And usually stays silent in his warframe.

Quote: "Look above! I want to see how you look when your strings are cut!"

Other: He's in a group of Tenno called Forgotten Hunters.

(I'll add the appearance things soon)

@nightmaremoon12

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 14 January 2017 at 9:27 PM

@slyriolu Accepted! Just as long as you remember to put in the appearances.

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 14 January 2017 at 9:31 PM

@nightmaremoon12
So um when are we starting? Also added it

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 14 January 2017 at 10:03 PM

@slyriolu One more person, then I make the RP thread.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 14 January 2017 at 10:34 PM

Name: Jason

Species: Shapeshifter (?) idk if that's okay...

Appearance/clothing: Green eyes that sparkles both in the sunlight and darkness, short brown hair with a few strands of black (natural), wears a white hoodie, long gray jeans, Black sneakers. around 6 ft tall.He looks like a normal human being, but on the inside, he really isn't...

Abilities/Weapons: He can shapeshift into any size that is under 30ft tall. He can also turn into an Arctic Wolf, but that can backfire. If he tries to change form when he is feeling tired or angry, he can turn himself into the opposite thing that he wanted to turn into.

Weaknesses: Fire and darkness. His past still circles around him like a hawk. Being in complete darkness cannot let Jason shape shift, and fire scares him since he was a child (His past).

Personality: Arrogant yet nice. He enjoys to read and write, but he also has friendly conversations. One moment he can be a happy friend but the next he can be a loner. An outcast. He does have feelings but most of them are locked away somewhere in his heart....

Quote: "I've seen and heard worse than that"

Other: He secretly likes to sing (so weird)

@mightmaremoon12 hope this is okay ^^"

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 January 2017 at 12:53 AM

@nightmaremoon12 I'm very interested in joining. I'll put up one character for now, but I'm probably gonna add a few more in soon. I might end up with four(technically six if you count the separate Win and Me the and the joined Lethon as three separate characters)in total once I'm done. If that's fine.

Name: Quin
Species: Xula (Think snake centaur like)
Appearance: Quin has shaggy dark brown hair and solid slit pupiled yellow eyes. They are covered with sawlike scales on their torso and arms, with face scales of a much gentler form. Their lower half can take on the form or a large serpent, either a wiry black snake body or that of a sea serpent. They can also take on human legs, which are also saw scaled. Quin has a forked tongue much like other serpents and a jaw that they can open beyond that of a human.
Clothing: Quin wears a simple and baggy blue cotton shirt, they have managed to find a way to take on serpent half while wearing a set of khaki pants and boots and will wear these when using human legs. They also carry around a brown satchel bag. Quin constantly wears a set of reflective glades that cover their entire eye area preventing them from looking them in the eyes.
Abilities/Weapons: Quin has the ability to manifest human legs, as well as switch between having a snake body and a sea serpent body the latter which allows them to hold their breath indefinitely when underwater. As well they have an ability similar to a basilisk in which they are able to cause people who look them in the eye to fall into a brief trance like sleep. Quin also has mild telekinetics. Quin can also speak to other serpents. They use two clubs to fight.
Weaknesses: They have no control over their trance ability which manifests itself through their eyes. Telekinesis is used for small objects nothing too large. They also are only able to maintain human legs for a short amount of time and must take on serpent form after that time frame. They can still drown even when in sea serpent form. As well steel and iron inhibits their powers, sealing them in their natural snake body form until removed.
Personality: Quin is brave and rational often being the most level headed of their trio of friends. They tend to think on the brighter side of things even if everything else is falling apart around them. They tend to do things that seem dumb in retrospect.
Quote: "The difficult thing with anyone is that no one ever seems to look up. Even when a giant snake tail hits them in the head."
Other: They are very close friends with Muse and Emry. They tend to strike hard in their s sounds, often hissing instead of pronouncing it.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 15 January 2017 at 2:40 AM

@ammolite

@thebrokenvibe - i will soon find the rps you dislike, just you wait!

both accepted!

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 15 January 2017 at 12:14 PM

@nightmaremoon12
So when we starting I'm so exited!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 15 January 2017 at 12:36 PM

Form:
~~~~
Name: Rose (last name unknown)
Species: Fulka
Appearance: Has purple tinged skin color, with blond, shoulder length hair. She always has her hair down, and she is about 5'8. She has green eyes as well.
Clothing: She wears a silver silk shirt, and normal jeans (I know...).
Abilities/Weapons: She can be very convincing- she can pretty much make you do anything.
Weaknesses: If she touches pure diamonds, she loses her power for 2-3 hours at a time. Nobody else knows of this weakness.
Personality: Rebellious, odd, funny, clever, and often knows too much.
Quote: "If you can do something, don't think, just do it"
Other: Has no close friends or family.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 January 2017 at 1:45 PM

@nightmaremoon12 The list of RPs I don't like is actually fairly long. But it's all in the genre and sometimes plot. I'll probably drop Lethon/Lethe and Eon tonight all in one batch.

Name: Emry
Species: Half Fae half sorcerer
Appearance: Emry has messy mullet like black hair and bright, almost glowing bottle green eyes. His ears are pointed and he has blueish gray tinted skin. Emry stands at about five nine.
Clothing: Emry wears a dark brown button down shirt, he has dark brown pants and boots. He wears a backpack that holds his stuff.
Abilities/Weapons: Emry is able to perform magic. Emry has empathy and is able to see the emotions on people as well as feeling them. Emry isn't able to feel heat or cold due to his Fae blood. Emry fights using a weighted staff.
Weaknesses: Like most Fae Emry isn't able to come in contact with iron as it will burn him and null his powers while in contact. He tends to get the emotions of those around him, this is often overwhelming as he tends to feel them all to an extreme degree.
Personality: Emry is harsh and always thinking of a backup plan for any and everything his group does. He is constantly on his toes and can come off as more agrivated the more stressed he is. Emry has a weird sense of humor, which mainly consists of bad puns and jokes that only he would get unless he took the time to explain it. Which he does.
Quote: "You're looking quite blue today, and I mean that literally. You're actually glowing blue."
Other: He's good friends with Muse and Quin

Name: Muse
Species: Half trickster half sorceress
Appearance: Muse has bouncy and short brown hair, her ears are pointed and her eyes are a glowing orange color.
Clothing: Muse wears a light brown buttoned shirt, she has a light blue scarf around her neck and wears darker brown pants with black tennis shoes. A light brown satchel sits across her shoulders.
Abilities/Weapons: Muse has control over illusion magics. She can levitate a few feet off the ground, Muse is able to create organic creatures as well as banish them. Muse is also able to speak to animals and compell them to listen to her own will. Muse has healing magics and telekinesis. She doesn't need to sleep and honestly has never actually slept before, outside of being unconscious. Muse fights using clawed gloves and a scythe.
Weaknesses: Muse is very weak towards steel, which often causes her fatigue and a temporary loss of her abilities when it comes in contact with her. Her organic creations only last a short amount of time, half an hour, before they dissolve, the same runs for her illusions. Her illusions are also very fuzzy or misty constantly. She can only heal herself and it she can heal small wounds without causing her to fall unconscious and she can't heal wounds that can only be healed through specific means. Nor can she heal mortal wounds. Muse also doesn't need to sleep, and she doesn't know whether it is a blessing or a curse. She's not able to use telekinesis on things that weigh more than around 200 pounds.
Personality: Muse is very pranksterish and enjoys playing jokes on her friends. She tends to take these jokes a bit too far although never to the point of serious injury. She's very pessimistic and hides her negatives through jokes and self deprecation. She has a temper and while she means well she can often be quite rude when she's in a bad mood. Muse never gets angry or sad, she just gets stressed and anxious. Which isn't much better
Quote: "You were bitten by a badger not Quin. Get some stitches and move on."
Other: I picture tricksters as a mix of Fred and George, faeries, and Mary Poppins not like the gods of chaos, although they still cause trouble my interpretation isn't all powerful as they still have severe weaknesses to certain aspects and are governed by the rules of the universe.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 15 January 2017 at 5:05 PM

@thebrokenvibe I'm accepting your future characters, along with this new batch of freshly baked characters.

@flowerlynx She seems a bit to sue-ish. Can you please change her to balance her out?

(im going to add nue in a bit so hang in there)

Name: Nue (no last name)
Species: Hasmip
Appearance: https://68.media.tumblr.com/52005aa3d1b520ae293dcb68c5eb23d5/tumblr_ojro766qLL1uog4j9o1_250.gif do you really want me to explain how a hasmip looks? That low quality gif seems enough to explain.
Clothing: https://68.media.tumblr.com/49ad21164290f9e5d099eeabb3e101d7/tumblr_ojut3lmC4O1uog4j9o1_540.png
She also wears a necklace with a cyan heart to signify her deceased brother.
Abilities/Weapons: Manipulation of the subconsciousness and becoming invisible to the naked eye via this ability. She owns a bladed glove and an electric whip with a lavender glow. She can also slap you with her tail and wings. Nue can fly like any other Hasmip, as well as have very quick running speed, and spit poison from her palms.
Weaknesses: Please don't step on tail. You will become an evil person if you do. Her subconsciousness ability is good towards the weak-minded. All Hasmips lack strength to pick up a giant boulder with ease. Has the strength of a human. Despite a Hasmip's quick inhuman speed, they can easily get exhausted.
Personality: She is intelligent, but lacks potential on strength. As an ambassador, Nue tries her best to be a good example of the Hasmips, although she miserably fails. She is very punny, and is the mom friend when needed.
Quote: "If things don't go well, then you probably messed up. Refer to page 1192, paragraph 8a, for instructions on how to start over." "Don't be afraid to try something new. You'll learn more and eventually, you'll be hungry for more information, but soon you'll eat everything in your path, including an entire solar system."
Other: nuetella, nuetron stars, etc etc, the start of something nue

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 15 January 2017 at 9:14 PM

FINALLY SOME OTHER CHARATER WITH AT LEAST ONE WEAPON!
@nightmaremoon12

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 15 January 2017 at 9:55 PM

Can I join?

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 15 January 2017 at 10:40 PM

@slyriolu - ... Nonomy had a weapon.

@naturegirl1999 - Yes, you may.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 16 January 2017 at 7:07 PM

Name Janet
Age 22
Gender Female
Species Human
Appearance Average height, shoulder length blonde hair, thin, slight tan, blue eyes, one eye is fake, but it looks like the real one
Clothing wears a spacesuit that changes color. Purple when calm, green when happy, red when angry or stressed, and black when sad or deep in thought
Abilities/weapons She can create illusionary copies of herself. These last about a minute before they vanish. She needs 30 minutes before she can use them. She also wears gloves that poison whatever the outside touches. Because of this she has to take them off before eating anything or handling food, as it would be poisoned if she kept them on.
Weaknesses Illusionary copies last about a minute and need half an hour to recharge. The poison takes 10 minutes to take effect. The bigger the object!creature the longer it takes to work. She can only see a short distance away because she only has one functioning eye
Personality tries to avoid fights unless it is absolutely necasar
Quote "the darkness is cover" "if you start something, get it done"
Other lost the eye a long time ago. Forgot how. Wants to try to spread peace through the galaxy, but will fight when she is in danger

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 17 January 2017 at 1:10 AM

@naturegirl1999 Accepted.

Name: Lue
Species: Hasmip
Appearance: See Hasmip photo.jpg.gif.why, but blue.
Clothing: Similar to Nue's, but no skirt and wears a helmet. Has a necklace with a heart shaped gem to signify her sister.
Abilities/Weapons: Ability to manipulate sanity by staring into his eyes when it becomes red, an ability learnt from nebularans. Often does things unconsciously. Lue wields two arm cannons and a crossbow.
Weaknesses: It is very uncertain when and how Lue's eyes will change, but it is very rare.
Personality: Very nihilistic. After being captured by nebularans, he has lost his mind completely, and is apathetic and forgetful.
Quote: "She is the only sister I had, and now you killed her?! You monsters... I'll kill you!"
Other: Presumbed deceased by Hasmips, is now controlled by the Nebularans.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 19 January 2017 at 3:44 AM

@nightmaremoon12 So I finally for my life together and stopped binge playing Bioshock long enough to get my last character(s) done. I'm pretty sure I got all the info down, although if I missed something be sure to tell me.

Name: Lethon
Species: Dragon-Human hybrid
Appearance: Lethon is fairly tall, about six foot two. He has neat silvery black hair. Lethon has rippling scales patching his body and one violet eye one green eye. He has black claws instead of nails and sharp teeth. From his back grows large wings that are gray on The outside and purple inside. He also has a large gray based black spiked tail. His feet are more animalistic and have purple toe beans on the bottoms. He has one row of sharp teeth and a wide forked tongue.
Clothing: Lethon wears an open backed leather like shirt over chainmail. He wears black pants with a hole for his tail and no shoes. A black weapons belt hangs on his side. Lethon also wears a simple white scarf that's like eight feet long.
Abilities/Weapons: Lethon is able to perform magic, and is best with spell casting, he can manipulate the void lightly allowing him to temporarily vanish from sight and give him a place to store excess objects. Lethon is capable of flight. Lethon is able to light themself and their weapon on fire. Lethon tends to pick up on new languages very quickly. Lethon usually fights with a large hammer axe, or a separate sword. He also tends to use his claws, teeth and tail if it comes to a fight
Weaknesses: Lethon cannot carry beyond his own weight when flying. Lethon's flames are purely aesthetic and keep others warm, not Lethon. Using the void is low-key unstable when used often and so sometimes his stuff just vanishes. Lethon gives off heat in excess and is always cold. His magic depends heavily in the environment as that effects the kind of spells he can use. If Lethon is swayed into too great of a negative emotion he can split into Lethe and Eon. It takes them a few days to recover long enough to refuse after that happens.
Personality: Lethon is very balanced, he tends to be a mediator amongst his groups and he is very level headed. Lethon worries for the safety of his companions, and tends to do his best to keep them safe. He acts like the mom friend. If the mom friend was a male. Lethon tends to be a bit socially awkward, and tends to be a bit difficult to persuade from doing something he thinks will benefit his friends.
Quote: "Well we're not sure why you want us to stop using plural pronouns when only one life force is in the ship. Because technically I am two small life forms in a trench coat trying to sneak onto a ride with a height limit."
Other: Lethon often uses plural pronouns when speaking, because Lethon is the mix of Lethe and Eon. Lethon is most often seen as the duo is more comfortable in this form than separately.

Name: Lethe
Species: Void Dragon
Appearance: Lethe is about the size of a van and just as heavy. He has silvery gray scales covering his body, with a purple belly. His tail is spiked and his wings are gray on the outside and purple on the inside. He has violet cat pupiled eyes, and two rows of sharp teeth. He has a wide forked tongue and large black claws with purple toe beans on his paws. He has an oddly long neck.
Clothing: Lethe is always wearing a simple white scarf tied around his neck. The scarf is the only clothing he wears and it's like right feet long.
Abilities/Weapons: Lethe has void powers, giving him the ability to hide things in the void and to hide him and one other person in the void temporarily. His unique bond with Eon allows the two to speak telepathically as well as lets the two fuse together to form Lethon. Lethe tends to pick up on other languages quickly, and translates privately for Eon on everything. Lethe is constantly radiating heat. He is able to carry his and Ron's weight when flying but no more. He can speak to other reptile creatures. Lethe fights using his claws, teeth and tail.
Weaknesses: Overusing the void allows it to become unstable often causing things to be lost unless properly maintained. He can only hide in the void for half an hour at most before things start to physically vanish. The fusion between him and Eon must stay relatively emotionless, or at least avoid drastic negative emotions, in order to avoid him splitting apart. Lethe can't speak to creatures that can't communicate with reptiles.
Personality: Lethe is curious and rather nosey. He tends to get into others business. He often is lurking around Eon because Lethe can't directly communicate with other non reptile speaking crestures. Because of this he tends to remain a bit aloof when not being Lethon.
Quote: "I heard that the only other bond like ours ended in half a galaxy being wiped out."
Other: He is almost always fused with Eon as Lethon

Name: Eon
Species: Sorcerer, Dragonlord branch
Appearance: Eon is around five six, he has neat off black hair and green eyes. He's got a few scars on his face.
Clothing: Eon usually wears an opened back leather like shirt with chainmail underneath. He wears a brown jacket over it and has black pants. He never has shoes on. Across his hips is a weapons belt.
Abilities/Weapons: Lethon has magic abilities allowing him to perform spells, he tends to do best with spellcastings. He can communicate to reptiles and amphibians. Eon can light himself on fire, and is always constantly cold. Due to his unique bond with Lethe he is able to telepathically communicate with him as well as fuse with Lethe. Eon fights using a hammer axe and a sword.
Weaknesses: The fire is unable to provide Eon with any warmth and it can't burn anything, it's able to give heat to others but not Eon. His magic has limits and he has to keep an eye on his environments to avoid anything dangerous happening. The fusion between him and Lethe must stay relatively emotionless, or express very minimal negative emotions.
Personality: Eon is headstrong and very strong willed. Once he has his mind set it's very difficult to talk him out if it. Especially if that thing ends up benefiting his friends in some way. He often is able to help Lethe get information about others.
Quote: "I know you're talking about dangerous things, but honestly the only thing I can hear is that we can join together and form one being. And yeah you're worried I'm careless enough to destroy an entire galaxy, ya know you're probably right. But I don't really care, cos I can't abandon you."
Other: He's almost always fused with Lethe to form Lethon

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 19 January 2017 at 4:36 AM

@thebrokenvibe

I'm accepting just for those funny quotes.

Name: N0-7R "Netar," Ikara Aquima
Species: Calamarzo
Appearance: Has the appearance of a teal humanoid figure with squid tentacles for feet. Lacks any arms and uses tentacles to walk.
Clothing: They're a squid - squids don't wear clothing.
Abilities/Weapons: Manipulation of water and levitation.
Weaknesses: Ikara is very vunerable when they are nowhere near water. They are weak-minded, and they are open to mind control.
Personality: Ikara is a stubborn squid who has been under Nebularan influence for so long, to the point where their name has been lost forever. They fear Nebularas, yet they are willing to punch one in the face.
Quote: "Ah, I should've known! You dusty gas people stay away from the ocean - my home - before you know what's coming!"
Other: