Zotairi Descending

in Roleplaying

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 2 March 2017 at 3:39 PM

In the desert world of dark days and darker nights, with the unmerciful dunes and hills, survival was hard enough. Then the cracks and fissures came, ripping apart the rocks and sand to leave gaping entrances to a new world below of pure darkness. Light barely pierces it and the expanses seem to swallow it whole. Some fear of what lies below but sometimes it is the silence that is the most terrifying.

Years of living with this new threat led to further research and solutions. Strings of bioluminescent lanterns mark out safe, explored paths but those only lead so far. Materials have been found in the depths that have bent society on wanting to extract them all in hopes of changing the upper world for the better.

For your whole life, the "Dark World" has existed and growing up you were trained to devote your life to exploring and mining resources. Not to mention, fighting off whatever lurks down there. Recently, science has introduced new creatures to the world to become your partners and aid your team in the exploration. They are called Zotairi. As they went through the final stages of their creation in the test tubes, they acquired unpredictable powers which the scientists who've made them still struggle to explain. The slight advantage they pose over the Dark World will either aid you or hinder you in your path for greatness depending on how you use them.

<><><>

You guys know the rules, I don't wanna write them all out. But main ones are as follows:
-Follow Eggcave rules
-This is a team effort. Please work with each other and don't have overpowered characters.
-I don't have worries about people being mean since everyone's so nice here but still gotta say it 😉
-When it comes to romance, just casual dating please
-For the sake of those that have qualms with violence, let's keep this more or less clean.

Quick note:
Your character's Zotairi's powers are going to be small ones that I trust you guys to be creative and use ingenuity with. Examples are: Providing low-light vision to them and their owner, slight manipulation over rocks, sonar, etc. {NEW} All can telepathically speak with their owners on a basic level. Zotairi have no problem communicating with other Zotairi through their telepathy.

Form~
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:
Zotairi's Name:
Zotairi's Gender:
Zotairi's Appearance:
Zotairi's Power:
Zotairi's Personality:
Other:

(If you guys don't like addin gin personalities you can type (to be rp'd) and same with appearances or whatever. I really don't care if this thing is filled out 100%, I'd really just like to know name, gender, and Zotairi's name, looks, & powers to be honest)

Okay I know I wasn't super clear with this rp's explanation so I'll answer questions and edit the thread as they come.

My form~
Name: Kyja Meek
Personality: Able to take charge when need, Kyja is skilled in assessing a situation and knowing how to divide people's skills to better come to a solution. She likes to have close friends and family but she also clings to the moments when she can be alone. She is slow to trust and often times comes off as stand-offish and cold.
Appearance: Light brown wavy hair to her shoulders, commonly put up in a ponytail. Grey or black tank top with a zip-up brown jacket, cargo pants, and military styled boots. Slender due to the harsh conditions and lack of consistent meals. Well toned and strong.
Other:
Zotairi's Name: Litha
Zotairi's Gender: Female
Zotairi's Appearance: A dark colored, lithe cat whose iridescent pelt changes with each movement. She has long ears like a fennec fox, two thin tails, and spikes running up her leg, starting from her paws.
Zotairi's Power: Litha naturally blends in well in the pitch black of the Dark World and there's some telepathic part of her that automatically let's Kyja know exactly where Litha is. Litha has been trained with Kyja for them to know how each other fights and how Litha can use her stealth to her advantage.
Zotairi's Personality: Quiet, she rarely talks with Kyja and it's even more rare for her to speak with other Zotairi. She loves to work alone which can be fine when working just with Kyja but is more detrimental when it comes to working in a team if she's not careful.
Other:

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 2 March 2017 at 3:48 PM

@loe_kee I'm interested, but what is a Zotairi? I'm going to post my form later, because it's almost school for me.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 2 March 2017 at 3:50 PM

@nightmaremoon12 That's the creature that accompanies you lol. I totally forgot to say that 😉

Male
264 posts

slyriolu • 2 March 2017 at 5:27 PM

Are Zotairi organic or mechanical?
@loe_kee

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 2 March 2017 at 8:22 PM

@slyriolu They are organic, and as said above in the last stages of creation (I'll edit it to make it clearer) thay developed slight powers. Oops, I forgot to put that in the form. I'm a mess haha. I'll be adding examples of what there could be, along with my own character forms.

@nightmaremoon12
@slyriolu
Wow I'm sorry guys I had so many typos. Just realized I said "I knew I was super clear with this rp's explanation" when I meant to say "I know I wasn't" woops. Thanks for putting up with me 😉

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 2 March 2017 at 10:54 PM

@loe_kee
hey. xD terribly sorry for being so inactive lately T____T
i was pretty sure I was getting more free time to myself until things started cropping up again irl. but i'm mildly here now. xD

ii like this idea o-o considering that i've never been in any RPs before but lol. this should be a great way to start off, although i don't know what's going to start?

input below.

~

name: Lukor
personality: of radical contradictions. secretive but pretends to be open; cheerful but insecure; tender in actions yet ferocious in attitude... and sometimes actions. he enjoys a good companion and worships ultimate privacy, but he's not reserved and socializes a lot.
appearance: a male figure with a robust build, but vertically short. light-toned skin but darkened by the soot and grime of the mines. Lukor has natural curly brown hair, but it's usually hidden underneath his construction hat. possesses a bright smile that leaves his eyes squinting upon grinning, but is yet again obscured by his mask. beige trousers, tee shirts with slapdash colors and patterns, fitting boat shoes but Lukor always leaves his heels outside.
other: name is just Lukor.
Zotairi's Name: Jordan
Zotairi's Gender: none
Zotairi's Appearance: an albino parakeet with small patches of yellow feathers that glow in the dark. flimsy and flappy wings, but big teeth and an annoying voice.
Zotairi's Power: being fluorescent, helps Lukor in mine caves (?!); telepathy but occasionally disagrees; physically powerless.
Zotairi's Personality: irritating to say the least, but always maintains a good smile. sporadically depressed, and requires more protection from Lukor than vice versa.
other: gender is unidentified, but Lukor usually refers to Jordan as a "he," because misogyny jk.

~

sorry i tried to de-perfect my characters as much as possible. xD but Lukor seems flawless to me lmao. xD

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 2 March 2017 at 11:10 PM

@sony Haha that's fantastic! I love it lol. And there will be fighting so maybe other characters could protect Lukor while hems the best at mining/finding resources, who knows haha. And don't worry about your inactivity, we've all got busy lives. As long as you're on every couple of days at least I'm sure it'll be fine ^-^

Deleted • 3 March 2017 at 12:15 AM

@sony umgumgumg you rp?

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 3:30 AM

@loe_kee

Name: Kyla Wren
Personality: Brave, strong, intelligent, kind, loyal, honest.
Appearence: Kyla has waist length black hair that's usually in a messy ponytail and grey eyes. She is tall, thin and pale. She wears a black t-shirt and ripped jeans with black doc martens. She has a black belt with a sword on it.
Other: She is a good fighter.
Zotairi's name: Flame
Zotairi's gender: Female
Zotairi's Appearence: Flame is like a mountain lion except her fur is gold and she has two long tails. Flame also has abnormally sharp teeth.
Zotairi's Power: Flame can control heat (hence the name). She can keep herself and her friends warm as well as taking away the heat when it's too warm. Flame can also communicate telepathically with Kyla and can fight well. Flame is weak to water, temperatures under minus 30 degrees and chains made of iron.
Zotairi's personality: Trustworthy, generous, loyal.
Other: Flame has known Kyla for ten years

Deleted • 3 March 2017 at 4:09 AM

@loe_kee I'm... going to join this T.T

Just... gimme a while to make a character ;-;

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 March 2017 at 5:22 AM

@loe_kee

Name: Ellys Allium
Personality: Ellys is reserved, and hard to talk to. She shuts others and despises people. She enjoys hanging out with animals and being alone. Despite that, she is very optimistic, and looks out for the good of things.
Appearance: Ellys is pale skinned, with navy blue eyes. She has dark brown bob cut hair and stands at around 5"03.
She wears a dark gray jacket and black shirt, as well as a crimson skirt with plain black shoes.
Other:
Zotairi's Name: Alexite
Zotairi's Gender: None, actually.
Zotairi's Appearance: Alexite resembles a calico cat with a snake head for a tail and the legs of a raccoon. In short, Alexite is a minirature nue.
Zotairi's Power: Alexite is able to read the thoughts of others, but it can't really read much; only what the person is currently thinking of.
Zotairi's Personality: Alexite doesn't really talk that much, and only talks through telepathy. It helps Ellys with various things, but doesn't really do any good help. Alexite keeps Ellys company when she's sad as well.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 10:36 AM

@emeraldstar accepted, just be careful of Flame's power being limitless ^-^ Thanks for joining!

@nightmaremoon12 accepted! Characters who dislike others can be hard in a rp sometimes but I trust we'll make it work 😊

@anthesia Sure thing, I might start it up soon after you add your character

@flowerlynx Were you wanting to join this rp? If not, you and I could do a different one or something 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 10:43 AM

@loe_kee Forgot to mention she is weak to water (pretty obvious) and temperatures under minus thirty degrees. She is also weak to Iron chains.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 3 March 2017 at 10:49 AM

@loe_kee
Yes... I forgot to get a form up. *facepalm*

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 10:50 AM

@emeraldstar Ah good to know. If you wanna edit that in for reference that'd be great! 😃 I like to know weaknesses so that I can throw us some curveballs that are more or less unavoidable haha

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 10:50 AM

@loe_kee xD Deaths all over. Will add them now.

Edit: Edited the form. I also changed Ren to Wren. I actually meant Wren at first xD

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 10:55 AM

@emeraldstar Haha sorry I'm so picky. Lolol I don't wanna kill any of us off...just....cause some...discomfort? xD

Honestly when I read Kyla Ren I first read Kylo Ren and I was like ummmmmmmm............ xD

@flowerlynx lol good to hear ^-^

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 10:56 AM

@loe_kee

I understand lol. Yep, I'm a Star Wars fan. XDD

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 3 March 2017 at 10:57 AM

@loe_kee
I'm making a form as we speak.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 10:57 AM

@emeraldstar You got a Star Wars buddy right here xD

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 10:58 AM

@loe_kee High Five! xD

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 11:00 AM

@emeraldstar *clap* 😃

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 11:02 AM

@loe_kee XDD I gtg for a bit. But I'm gonna make a Star Wars roleplay later, want me to ping you on it?

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 11:05 AM

@emeraldstar Please do!

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 3 March 2017 at 11:48 AM

Name: Alyssa Walker
Personality: She is very social, as well as brave; although, she does get along with most people. She is afraid of heights.
Appearance: She wears a purple hoodie jacket, light blue jeans, and brown combat boots most of the time. She has shoulder length brown hair, green eyes, and she is about 5'9. She is very agile, lean, and quick on her feet. She can be clumsy, however.
Other:
Zotairi's Name: Ajac
Zotairi's Gender: Male
Zotairi's Appearance: Mix between a raccoon and a fennec fox; Ajac has a raccoon's body and tail, but a fennec's head and ears.
Zotairi's Power: Ajac can control water very well. He can also create water out of the particles in the air; however, he is very weak to heat. Heat, as well as fire and silver are his weaknesses.
Zotairi's Personality: He is very skeptical, and he is also very sarcastic as well as serious when needed.
Other:
That's good. I finally finished.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 11:57 AM

@flowerlynx YEEESSSS HAHAHAHAHAHA Flame and Ajac are going to have *pause for dramatic effect* a GREAT time together. Sorry this like made my day 😉 Accepted, of course.

*evil cackling in the background*

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 12:23 PM

@flowerlynx xD Flame can control heat but is weak to water xD We're strong and weak against eachother.

@loe_kee Will do 😃D

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 3 March 2017 at 12:27 PM

@emeraldstar @loe_kee
I'm sure they're going to be 'best friends'. I got the idea from Flame, and I purposely made them opposites. XD

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 March 2017 at 12:51 PM

@flowerlynx xD Awesome 😊

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 3 March 2017 at 1:04 PM

@emeraldstar
@flowerlynx

You guys are great. This will be a lot of fun, hopefully I can throw some good situations at you guys ;D