Zotairi Descending (rp)

in Roleplaying

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 12:34 AM

In the desert world of dark days and darker nights, with the unmerciful dunes and hills, survival was hard enough. Then the cracks and fissures came, ripping apart the rocks and sand to leave gaping entrances to a new world below of pure darkness. Light barely pierces it and the expanses seem to swallow it whole. Some fear of what lies below but sometimes it is the silence that is the most terrifying.

Years of living with this new threat led to further research and solutions. Strings of bioluminescent lanterns mark out safe, explored paths but those only lead so far. Materials have been found in the depths that have bent society on wanting to extract them all in hopes of changing the upper world for the better.

For your whole life, the "Dark World" has existed and growing up you were trained to devote your life to exploring and mining resources. Not to mention, fighting off whatever lurks down there. Recently, science has introduced new creatures to the world to become your partners and aid your team in the exploration. They are called Zotairi. As they went through the final stages of their creation in the test tubes, they acquired unpredictable powers which the scientists who've made them still struggle to explain. The slight advantage they pose over the Dark World will either aid you or hinder you in your path for greatness depending on how you use them.

<><><>

You guys know the rules, I don't wanna write them all out. But main ones are as follows:
-Follow Eggcave rules
-This is a team effort. Please work with each other and don't have overpowered characters.
-I don't have worries about people being mean since everyone's so nice here but still gotta say it
-When it comes to romance, just casual dating please
-For the sake of those that have qualms with violence, let's keep this more or less clean.

Zotairi Descending Sign Ups: here

<><><>

Kyja stood on the platform of cement near the entrance to one of the Dark World rifts, her arms crossed and face guarded. The wind was warm and dry as always, the sky it's permanent reddish brown, brighter at the edges of the horizon.

"I'm waiting."

"Please, Kyja, be patient." A scientist's fingers were flying over a keyboard, frequently making adjustments as he read the inflow of new information on his blue holo-screen. The fingers resumed their mad typing. "Your new teammates will be here soon enough."

Kyja wasn't a person to outwardly show her discontent, she instead took a slow breath and held the retorts inside. She didn't need a team.

"I could beat her you know."

"Yes, yes." The scientist kept going.

"You listening? Mark, I could be better than her. I work harder than she does to get the resources done there and yet she gets all the credit for helping our Division rise to the top." She continued mumbling under her breath.

"Ah, I think I see some of your new teammates arriving now." Kyja glared at Mark. He added, "And I know you could. But she has powerful people on her side." He met Kyja's eyes, "And your grumbling like a child about finally having people to guard your back."

<><><>

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 7 March 2017 at 6:16 AM

@loe_kee

Momentarily after Mark finished his remarks about Kyja, they heard indiscernible footsteps mixed with an irksome animal sound approaching westward. It was discovered that a male figure was coming their way, alongside with his pet parakeet who didn't seem to be able to shut up.

"Ah, Luke!" -- Mark exclaimed delightfully. Standing up to level with the standing people, he managed to glide his fingers a few more times through the keyboard before swiping and temporarily putting his holoscreen into sleep mode.

"Kyja Meek, Lukor -- Lukor, Kyja Meek."

"Guess I'm not the only one with a weird name here." -- said Kyja. She overlooked Lukor with nonjudgmental eyes but failed to brush off any commentaries as soon as she noticed his typical mining gear, by which most of his true appearance was obscured.

Lukor flashed a smile and greeted Kyja politely; they were about to shake hands, much to Kyja's aloofness and looking away, when Jordan -- Lukor's parakeet -- decided to fly off his shoulder. Jordan flapped its wings and squawked at the despicable creature strolling underneath Kyja. Bawk, bawk!.

"Jordan, stop!" -- cried Lukor. He wiped his face with his one hand tried to get ahold of Jordan with the other. "Sorry, you know how cats and birds don't mix well."

Kyja stepped back from Lukor and stood indignantly in front of Lithe -- her cat, with her arms crossed in dismay. "Yeah, well it's going to be a long journey I can tell already."

Mark slightly shook his head and let out a palpable laughter, fixed his glasses then sat down at his computer again, swiping through the screen hastily as if he was in a rush -- which in fact, he was.

"Jordan is actually a very useful companion."

"And so are her minions apparently."

"Woah Kyja." -- Mark spoke up.

Lukor smirked as he made his last attempt to be friendly. "Seems to be the case with your cat too. Anyway, very nice meeting you Kyja."
Mark grinned almost palpably, the wind was still blowing disoriented at our friends.

"Whatever."

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 March 2017 at 7:51 AM

@loe_kee @sony

Suddenly a Lioness appeared in the distance. Her pelt was golden and she had two long gold tails. On her back was a girl. The girl had long black wavy hair in a messy ponytail and grey eyes. When the Lioness reached the three the girl jumped off her back. "Name's Kyla, Kyla Wren." She said. The Lioness roared. "And that, is my companion, Flame." She smiled.

Flame looked at the Parakeet. She growled.

"She doesn't like birds.. Anywhere she goes she believes it's her territory" laughed Kyla. "The only person she allows on her territory is me. I am the only one she trusts, that is what she has told me." She explained. Suddenly the area around them got very hot. Kyla communicated with Flame through her mind and suddenly the temperature went back to normal.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 11:01 AM

@sony (I don't mind the length but for rping, it's a little rude to play someone else's character, so for future reference it's better to post your character's actions and words, then let the other person respond. 😉)

@emeraldstar

Kyja eyed the Lioness strangely and noticed the rise then drop in temperature.
"Careful with that one," she narrowed her eyes at Kyla. "It's not like it's hot enough already."

With a glare from Mark she added, "Kija Meek." She didn't like this whole territory stuff, she thought the girl sounded rather pompous. And she was stuck with this. No words passed between Litha and Kyja, but the feelings of annoyance transpired between them. Litha stayed near Kyja's leg, away from the bird that had near assaulted her, her hair on end and kept glancing between the bird and the much larger cat with much larger teeth.

(wow sorry I didn't mean for Kyja to be so rude haha. She'll get better when she gets to know the other characters. This is kind of a bad day for her 😉)

----

Kalen jogged towards the meeting point with Todd bounded next to him. "You know....Todd." Karen gulped down more air, "Other Todd...could have...dropped us off....closer." But it's Todd. The Zotairi reminded him. "Yeah..."

Kalen wiped the sweat off his brow and wished that for just one second the temperature could cool down, just for a bit. Keeping his burning legs moving, he made sure to not drag his feet. It was to easy to get caught on the shifting sand and hard rock even when walking.

(I'll have him arrive after everyone greets Kyla for ease of timing)

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 March 2017 at 11:08 AM

@loe_kee @sony

Flame growled. ''I'm not territorial'' she said to Kyla through their minds. Kyla laughed at her. ''Of course not'' she sarcastically responded telepathically.

Kyla looked at Kyja. ''I'm sorry, it seems Flame doesn't like being called 'territorial' even though she is.'' sighed Kyla. Suddenly Flame sat down and started growling at everyone. ''See? According to her, everywhere's her territory.'' said Kyla.

(I'm gonna make a new character xD Brb)

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 7 March 2017 at 12:14 PM

@emeraldstar @loe_kee @sony
(Nobody pinged me to let me know the RP had started...)

Gasping for breath, Alyssa tried to be on time for the meeting. No, apparently she would be several minutes late.

You humans run out of breath so quickly! Ajac teased her telepathically.

Yeah, whatever.

Alyssa paused to catch her breath; it had been a long, brisk walk.

Ajac created a small bit of water in front of her, hovering. Do you want some water? He asked her.

Sure.

She opened her mouth and drank the water that was hovering in front of her. That was a skill that would always be good for Ajac to have. Although, it was quite warm out, so Ajac was weak as it was. With a sigh, Alyssa kept moving towards the meeting place.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 7 March 2017 at 12:21 PM

@flowerlynx Oh I'm so sorry. I'm really bad at this pinging thing xP (I pinged in the post of leading to this but didn't actually ping this thread so I'm sorry about that)
@nightmaremoon12 Forgot to ping you too xP

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 7 March 2017 at 12:28 PM

@loe_kee
I was confused on why you hadn't pinged me. But, I have it now, obviously. Next time, remember to ping everyone 😊

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 March 2017 at 4:09 PM

@flowerlynx @nightmaremoon12 @loe_kee @sony

Suddenly Kyla heard a roar. And without any warning, the closest tree set on fire. But the fire was black. Kyla looked up. A girl was riding a black dragon. The dragon landed and bowed and the girl jumped off. ''I'm Zoe.'' she said grumpily. Her Zotairi roared. ''That's Dragon.'' she said boredly. Zoe had waist length black hair with striking red streaks and red eyes.

Kyla rolled her eyes. Zoe seemed really grumpy and bored. It seemed she didn't want to be here.

Silver looked at Fawn.
Fawn: When we get there, I dare you to say the line!
Silver: What line?
Fawn: Ugh, your always forgetting.
Silver: Oops. Sorry.
Fawn: The line is..
Silver: What?
Fawn: Be patient!
Silver: So I need to tell them to be patient?
Fawn: NO! You need to tell them this: Hello people, I am gracing you with my prescence.
Silver: Okay!
Fawn: Finally!

Kyla looked around. I wonder what other crazy people we're gonna meet, she thought. And suddenly a girl riding a white deer appeared in front of them. ''Hello people. I am gracing you with my prescence'' said the girl happily. Kyla rolled her eyes. The girl had long silver hair and blue eyes and her Zotairi was a beautiful white deer.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 7 March 2017 at 4:12 PM

@emeraldstar @loe_kee @sony @nightmaremoon12

Alyssa finally came- panting- upon her destination. There were several other people already there, all with Zoitairi. These must, of course, be the people she was supposed to meet. She walked up to one with a giant mountain lion Zoitairi, and said, "Uh... sorry I'm late. What did I miss? Oh, and I'm Alyssa, by the way."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 7 March 2017 at 4:12 PM

@flowerlynx @loe_kee @emeraldstar @sony

Ellys looked at the group of people in front of her as she tried to keep herself hidden from them. It was a shame she had to end up with partners, and the only partner she wanted was Alexite. This meeting was going to be the end of her.

You know, Ellys, you should really open up to others and talk to them. Alexite mused.

Ellys rolled her eyes at her companion. Stop trying to peer pressure me. Besides, they'll just weigh me down. I'd rather go by myself.

It's better if you try, you know. Whether you like it or not, you're going to have to interact with whoever you got.

Or ditch them, the girl interjected, I can take care of myself, nue.

Alexite sighed at Ellys's remark. Oh dear...

Ellys glared at the group again, as she tried to hide herself further in order to never be noticed. It was the least she could do as she never wanted to partner up at all. She thought that everybody made the mistake of letting her be here. It was too much guilt tripping and reverse psychology that made Ellys cave in.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 March 2017 at 4:17 PM

@flowerlynx @loe_kee @nightmaremoon12 @sony

Kyla smiled at Alyssa. ''It's fine, you didn't miss much. You only missed Zoe's dramatic firey enterance and the silver haired girl's gracing us with her prescence. I'm Kyla, Kyla Wren.'' she explained.

Silver looked at Kyla grumpily. ''I do have a name! I'm Silver!'' she yelled in Kyla's face.

Zoe rolled her eyes ''Someone, get me out of here now.'' she said grumpily.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 7 March 2017 at 4:22 PM

@emeraldstar
Alyssa raised her eyebrows. "Someone's not in a good mood," she said. "Anyways, what can you Zoitairi do, Kyla?"

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 March 2017 at 4:30 PM

@flowerlynx @loe_kee @nightmaremoon12 @sony

Kyla laughed. ''Flame can control heat.'' she explained. ''But she's weak to water.'' she added.

Zoe looked at them.

Zoe: How dare she say that!
Dragon: Come on Zoe, cheer up! I've had enough of your moods. I'm not doing this anymore.
Zoe:....

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 7 March 2017 at 4:33 PM

@emeraldstar
"Wow, what a coincidence." Alyssa laughed. "Ajac here can control water, and is weak to heat." How odd.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 8 March 2017 at 12:30 AM

@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar
@nightmaremoon12
@sony

Kyja watched the ongoing events and was about to interrupt until ...that's right, Kyla- asked the new girl about her mountain lion. She was about to address the fact that if they'd work together, they'd need to know each one's powers.

"That's gonna be something we'll have to be careful of," She spoke a little more cooperatively. "If they're weak to each other, we'll need to figure out a method where they can be helpful towards each other instead of damaging. Though I guess we should wait just a bit." She eyed another figure closing in on them.

<><><>

Kalen regained his breath as he arrived and waved to everyone, trying to ignore one of the girl's look of disappointment and contempt.

"Hey, everyone. Sorry I'm late."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 8 March 2017 at 12:56 AM

@flowerlynx @loe_kee @emeraldstar @sony

Ellys groaned as she saw more people. It was pathetic that she had to cooperate with them.
Great. People. She thought to Alexite. I really wish I wasn't here right now. That'd be better than waiting for a century to get this over with.

Fine, you win. Alexite said. It's not like I wanted to force you to talk. Alexite wanted to see what the others are thinking of, but it could be rude to sneak up on one's consciousness. I could read their minds if you want me to... They finally spoke after a moment of silence.

Ellys smiled a bit at her companion's remark. Nah. I just wanna see how this unfolds.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 8 March 2017 at 3:13 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @loe_kee @flowerlynx @sony

Kyla smiled at him. "It's fine, don't worry. I'm Kyla, and you are??" She asked

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 8 March 2017 at 10:51 AM

@emeraldstar
@nightmaremoon12
@flowerlynx
@sony

Kalen smiled, excitement and nervousness coursing through him. "I'm Kalen, Kalen Fahrler. It's nice to meet you all." His eyes flicked to the other members of the group and the array of different Zotairi. "Wow, there's a lot of us, aren't there?" He chuckled nervously and Todd bumped into his leg.

"Oh right, this is Todd. He's a bit...anti-social but he'll warm up eventually." Kalen smiled, an awkward smile, not used to this foreign interaction.

<><><>

Kyja's eyes widened. "You're a Fahrler?" Her arms dropped and she scoffed, shaking her head. "My day just gets better and better, doesn't it?" She spit out the word and re-crossed her arms, refusing to look Kalen's way.

(A lot of Kyja's way of interacting is for my own sake in how I'm connecting this to my story, if it confuses you guys or is distracting from the rp I'll stop. It's just more of a thing for my own sanity 😉)

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 8 March 2017 at 12:42 PM

@loe_kee @nightmaremoon12 @flowerlynx @sony

Kyla rolled her eyes. Grumpy, she thought.

Zoe looked at her. ''Yeah, totally! I totally feel the same. My Zotairi for some pathetic reason doesn't even trust me!'' she explained angrily. Dragon rolled his eyes.

''Oh.. I see my prescence hasn't graced you with happiness....'' sighed Silver.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 8 March 2017 at 1:19 PM

Alyssa's eyebrows shot up. She glanced at the people once more, then talked to Ajac.

These people like to argue.

Yes, they do indeed, Replied Ajac.

Alyssa sighed. "Is anyone missing...? Should we be waiting for another person?"

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 8 March 2017 at 3:03 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@sony
@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar

Kalen's smile had faltered at Kyja's words and he shuffled his feet. Distracted by Zoe, he nodded to her, shyly responding, "I feel like that sometimes too." A short spark ran down Todd then disappeared back into his fur. He looked toward the girl with silver hair then to the rest of the group, not knowing what to do.

<><><>

Kyja rolled her eyes at Silver and contemplated what Alyssa had said. She scanned the area and spotted stripes and scales hiding next to a boot behind one of the crates (sorry, idk where Ellys is exactly).
"Oi, you." Kyja walked over and spotted a girl and Zotairi that looked like a mixture of animals. Instinctively stepping back she eyes the creature apprehensively. Next to her, Litha eyes the creature with curiosity.

"You wanna come out and introduce yourself?" She asked, not at all kindly. The group should be going into the Dark World already, maybe if everyone had been cooperative and on time, they'd actually be making process.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 8 March 2017 at 3:50 PM

@loe_kee @flowerlynx @emeraldstar

Ah, shoot. Ellys thought. She remained silent to the person that approached her. She wasn't willing to speak at all.

Alexite sighed. Go ahead! Talk to them! They were trying to encourage Ellys to speak, but it was a bit difficult.

F-fine. The girl caved in. "Ellys Allium." She finally spoke. "Now get away from me. You're invading my personal area." Ellys spoke in a rude tone. People were an allergy to her, and they always get dangerously close to her.

I guess that's alright? Alexite's tail hissed in joy. You did it, though.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 8 March 2017 at 4:02 PM

''Anyone else?'' said Zoe grumpily.

Silver looked around scaredly. ''By the way, blame Fawn. She dared me to grace you with my prescence'' she snapped. She was upset because nobody in the group seemed to like her.

''Well now that we're all here, we should get going.'' said Kyla.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 8 March 2017 at 4:15 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@sony
@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar

"Excuse me?" Kyja's scoffed at Ellys' words and backed off, walking towards the group, "Whatever. Just don't come crying when none of us help you down there. Wouldn't want to invade your personal space." Kyja turned back around, shaking her head and grumbling.

"Ya, Kyla, let's do that. Mark," she turned to the bystander scientist, "Give us our coms."

With a clenched jaw, the man unlatched a case and distributed small devices to put in the group's ears.

"These will let you communicate with each other and they're designed to work within a certain distance, so don't get too far off from each other."

Kyja scoffed and forced the com in her ear quickly. Someone could only see five feet in front of them in the Dark World, if they had good equipment. If anyone got split there was no way of finding them again, coms or not. But for the sake of extra precaution, here they were.

"Let's go." Kyja turned to her bag and didn't notice the missing energy bar that Todd had stolen. She swing the bag over her shoulder and began to quickly descend the metal, spiraling steps into the dark.

<><><>

Kalen put a gentle hand on Silver, "These Zotairi like to play around, don't they?" He gave her a small smile. "I think your presence is very gracing."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 9 March 2017 at 12:23 AM

@emeraldstar @loe_kee @flowerlynx @sony

"As if I care about people helping me." Ellys interjected. "Your rude demeanor is disgusting."
She headed to the Dark World last, as she didn't want to be first at all.

You could've been a little nicer, Ellys! Alexite meowed.

Fools like them are why I hate people. They are all self-centered and never cared about anybody else. Ellys thought. I'm better off dead than with a person breathing down my neck because they don't care about me being the most introverted introvert in all eternity.

Alexite didn't really want to reply to that at all. It was Ellys's loss if she suddenly went missing, not the nue's.

Ellys carried whatever she needed; some small snacks, a water bottle, Alexite, and a notepad with a pencil, all in a small bag, with the exception of Alexite, who never liked the bag.
She was unsure on how she'd be able to fight anything aggressive, but if things went wrong, Ellys would, with no second thought, hit anybody with her bag as hard as possible.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 9 March 2017 at 3:27 AM

Silver smiled. "They are very mischivieous." She laughed. Nobody had ever been so nice to her before.

Female
66 posts

loe_kee • 21 March 2017 at 6:39 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@sony
@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar

Kyja led the group down into the darkness and made a remark to put their lights on, in a voice of neutrality. Her aura changed from hostile to complete seriousness once the walls of the rift past over her head. They were now in a whole new world and she could not afford to be hostile anymore. There was no going back now.

The group would still be able to hear her voice just fine but she had the coms turned on anyways, "We'll follow the path lights on the southward side then decide which way to go once they end. Keep together and don't wander off. Respond."

<><><>
"Roger that." Kalen was second to last to descend, heart racing. With the next step, he saw the lights Kyja spoke about. Blue, luminescent lanterns were strung up on the group's left and split off different ways at the bottom of the stairs. The ground after the last step was the only part of the floor he could see, after that only the blue lights suspended in black gave hints toward where the paths were. They didn't call this the Dark World for nothing... he wondered what it'd be like once they reached the end of the lanterns.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 21 March 2017 at 7:23 PM

@loe_kee @emeraldstar @nightmaremoon12 @sony

Alyssa descended quickly after Kyja.

"Come on, guys. It's not too bad after all."

Ajac followed closely behind her.

Alyssa was pretty nervous, and anxious, of what struggles lie ahead of them.

Ajac felt the same, he was just less vocal about it, so to speak.

Alyssa hoped, with all of her heart, that all of them would make it out unscathed. If that was too much to ask, then at least alive.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 26 March 2017 at 11:05 PM

@loe_kee
@nightmaremoon12
@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar

After remaining silent and following what everybody was doing for a while, Lukor felt an urge to accelerate so as to unveil what was ahead of them -- or more likely, to fulfill his curiosity and control-freakness.

Luke's parakeet, Jordan was flying weakly above his shoulders, occasionally groaning sounds of terror as they approached closer to where the blue lanterns seemed to almost end. At this time, Lukor paused in his steps and whispered distinctly to Jordan, "Use your glowing feathers to guide us through this dark path."

Jordan hiccuped, blinking incessantly as it flickered its gaze onto the dark path, slowly emitting white light from its albino feathers, yet still hesitant to flap its wings forward.