in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 28 March 2017 at 2:29 AM

@panda9983 @thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar
~~~
SIGN-UPS: http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/64402/
~~~
The Forest of Stars is the center of everything which keeps all universes connected together in some way. Recently, ordinary willow trees began growing golden lights on one of their leaves. It has been said that it leads to the Forest of Stars, but nobody knows for sure.
Now, characters from different universes, the ones ranging from real-life fairies to sentient piles of sludge, have been trying to enter this forest, and see what lies past it. Rumor has it that a spirit exists in there as the guardian of the forest...
~~~
Mina awoke to the sounds of cicada chirps and dozens of glowing lights above. She thought they were stars, but as she got up, it felt like she wasn't anywhere from home. It's as if she was transported to another universe.
"My head hurts... Why am I here? Am I dead?" She mumbled.

Arys noticed the first visitor in a long time came from a world where chaos and order fight, and nobody had won.
"May I help you?" She said, before approaching Mina carefully. "You aren't dead, just got knocked out..."

"Huh?" Mina exclaimed. "Knocked out? Did you do this?"

Arys giggled. "You wish. You just got transported into another universe. It's nothing personal. Do you want to go home?"

"I..." Mina whispered. "Not right now. I don't feel as if anyone at home will notice that I'm gone. Besides, I just got here, it'd be rude to leave this instantly..."

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 28 March 2017 at 6:46 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @panda9983 @thebrokenvibe

Skye lay on the floor. She looked around. This place definately was not familiar. She then saw a two people, one of them was a spirit. ''Umm... Hello...'' Skye said arkwardly.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 28 March 2017 at 5:39 PM

@emeraldstar @thebrokenvibe @panda9983

"Home giving you problems?" Arys asked Mina.

Mina shrugged in reply. "I got no idea..." She didn't know if she should say yes or no, as she had friends back home, but others who'd hunt her down to kill her. Then she realized, most of her friends are dead.
"I guess so. My friends are dead. I'm essencially the only one alive with magic in my world..."
~~~
Acro immediately stood up as she regained consciousness. As she got a look at her surroundings, she could barely know where the place was, but her first reaction was the glowing lights.
"Huh. Looks like I'm not anywhere at my home. Where the heck am I, anyways?" She took a moment to stare at the lights. "I wonder if these glowy things are made of the same stuff as I am. Maybe..."
Eventually, Acro's attention shifted to the group of people in front of her.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 29 March 2017 at 12:44 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @panda9983

Lethon

How we came to be here is still a bit fuzzy, I realized as I pulled myself up off of the floor and a near by tree. Something clearly wanted some form of help, or at least I hoped it did. If it didn't that meant that we had died. And for all the years this strange lifespan had gifted us, dying had never seemed likely.

I shook my head to clear it of the thoughts flooding in. Voices up ahead. I acknowledged as more of my senses recovered. I pressed one paw into the ground, still unused to the feel of the forest floor in this form. Shaking off the feeling of mud and grass seeping between the clawed toes of my foot I stepped forward, finding that the further I moved the softer the voices became.

Disgruntled I turned, silently making a promise to find a way to break my way through these trees and move quicker about. I hadn't detected any form of softer pressure around this place, nothing that would allow me to break between barriers. And we weren't too happy about it.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 29 March 2017 at 3:58 AM

@thebrokenvibe @nightmaremoon12 @panda9983

Emily's eyes opened. Was she dead? The place was overwhelming. And then, on top of that a girl was walking up to her and speaking to her. Emily was so overwhelmed she couldn't hear a word the girl was saying.

Skye looked at the crystal like girl. "Umm... Hello?" Skye said arkwardly. "I'm Skye... And you are?" She asked. This girl looked more frightened and more shocked about this place than Skye was.

Emily looked at Skye. She'd finally understood what she was saying. "Hello... Nice to meet you Skye.. I'm Emily." Said Emily. "Are we dead?" She asked.

Skye looked at Emily. "No idea. Shouldn't we ask those two other there?" Suggested Skye.

Emily nodded and then walked up to Arys and Mina. "Um.. Where are we?" Emily asked nervously.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 29 March 2017 at 5:15 AM

@emeraldstar @thebrokenvibe @panda9983

"I have no idea." Mina replied. "I just got here." She felt a bit shy to speak, as she never met any of them before, and they weren't Cog or Toon... "Who are you two?"

Arys was too shocked when she saw more guests. "More! Ah, you are in the Forest of Stars. Please, do not destroy anything here. I was planning on cutting down all these trees, until you all showed up to stop me. Besides, when the trees are cut, so will your ties with neighboring universes..." She had a solemn look on her face. "I knew doing that is a mistake on my behalf. The light in the willow trees appear to be glowing after so long, I thought they'd never glow again..."
She paused for a moment, before approaching Emily and Skye. "Forgive me, you two. My name is Arys. I am the guardian of this forest. I've been in here for as long as I can remember. I hope you can come back home afterwards, because the ones before you could never return, and thus died."

"Wait a minute..." Acro interjected, as she approached the group. "Whadya mean 'never returned and died?' How long ago was this?" She was curious, although she might forget in a while.

"This happened during the last guardian's time. She and a group like ours today explored the universes. Eventually the forest began to slowly die, and, in exchange for her life and the lives of her companions, she used up all of her energy to bring all the trees back to life, but in return, strike her and the companions down." Arys felt like she was retelling an old legend, but continued.
"Even so, it felt like it was yesterday she died, and like a dying star, new stars began to take her place. That's me. I don't want to make the same mistakes as her, but I need to do something to mend what happened."
Arys then looked at Mina with a thoughtful look. "You looked just like one of them..." There was a faint smile on Arys's face.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 29 March 2017 at 11:21 AM

@thebrokenvibe @nightmaremoon12 @panda9983

''Die?'' Asked Emily scaredly. ''There's gotta be a way out of here.. We can't just die!''

Skye looked at Emily. ''Look Emily, calm down. Nobody ever said we were gonna 100% die.'' she explained. She looked at the rest of the group. ''I'm Skye by the way, that's Emily.'' she said.

Emily stared at Skye. ''There's a 99.99% chance we will!'' she screamed.

Skye facepalmed.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 29 March 2017 at 4:53 PM

@emeraldstar

Acro's first reaction was to chide Emily. "We aren't going to die! In any case, if the light from the willows what caused us to go here, then the light from the willows will take us back home! Pessimists won't last long in this area." She then looked to the others around her. "Name's Acro - a Novakid from Earth, until it got destroyed - as well as a captain of my own ship and crew. How about you?"

"I am Mina. I've dealt with magic, but I never said I dealt with things like these. For starters, you all exist." She was a bit uncomfortable in speaking to others who she barely knew, but it was very natural for her. "It's strange, because I thought other universes exist, but I didn't realize these universes exist as well..."

Arys looked at everybody before speaking again. "Looks like we have introduced ourselves. How about we try exploring the different universes?" They floated towards a tree, a light shining brighter than all the other leaves on it. "This one will be a perfect example."

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 29 March 2017 at 6:05 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @panda9983

Lethon

"Isn't exploring the other Universes what initially caused everything to die?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably as I neared the others. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for exploring around. But it seems like a bit of a downer knowing you're going to die." I added.

I took the brief pause to observe the group around me, most were vaguely humanoid, or technically bi-pedal is the right term. But we weren't too fond of that statement.

Regardless, we glanced back to Arys hoping to get an answer. Hopefully one that wouldn't kill us.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 30 March 2017 at 2:18 AM

@thebrokenvibe

"Nothing of that sort." Arys said. "Interaction with other universes is the reason why the Forest even exists - to travel to one place to another. The lack of exploration until the last moment wasn't enough to keep the forest alive. Willow trees aren't even that common outside the forest, and it can't just rely on watering." She was very thoughtful with every word, trying her best to explain why the forest is even alive.
"What's the point of the Forest if nobody will even find these special trees and travel to places unknown to anybody? Besides, whilst my lifespan is longer, I'll eventually have to be replaced someday."

Mina was a bit confused when Arys said she reminded her of someone else. "Who was this somebody that resembled me, and were they magical...?" Magic, despite the fact it existed in her world, was rare due to being killed for being unnatural. It would be nice to see that Mina isn't the only one who was left behind.
"I mean, i-if they're not magical, then that's fine!" She stumbled a bit on her speech, trying to be clear on what she is saying.

"Guess that means we better go exploring!" Acro exclaimed. "Let's try the star! It looks shiny." She headed towards the nearby willow tree, and touched the light.
Eventually, Acro was engulfed in a bright light, before vanishing from the Forest.

"I guess we should go after that star child. In any case, we can discover new areas." Arys smiled, before touching the light and following Acro to the universe.

Mina had no idea whether or not she should follow, but looked at the remaining people either way.
"I think we should go after them. It would be nice to see what lies past my world. It is indeed chaotic there."

@emeraldstar @panda9983

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2017 at 10:20 AM

Alix opened her eyes and noticed she was sprawled out on a dusty forest floor. She saw a bird fly above her and smiled slightly. She sat up and noticed she had a painful headache. It was also very warm. Alix flicked her wrist swiftly and the temperate lowered a few degrees. "Better, I guess." she said to herself.

Alix glanced around and saw other people here. She stood up and walked towards them. Her dress fluttered as a gust of wind blew onto her, catching her by surprise. She looked at her feet and saw she was wearing her normal, no shoes. The mud had already began to seep through her toes.

She continued to walk towards the others. "Hello." she said briskly. "Do you have any idea of where we are? It seems odd that I have woken here. I remember last sleeping in a bed. Not on the ground." She waved slightly and smiled, to show she was friendly and not interested in fighting.

She held out her hand. "I'm Alix, might I ask who you are?" she asked.

@nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 2 April 2017 at 2:41 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 @nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @panda9983
(Sorry my response is so cruddy. I haven't had much free time to do anything lately. So my line of thinking is running slower than usual.)

Lethon

I nodded at Arys' words. "Seems reassuring enough." I said. A few moments later footsteps, faint as they may be, sounded from behind us.

"Nice to meet you Alix. Our name is Lethon." we said, giving a polite handshake to her extended hand. "It seems most of us were from somewhere else before we arrived here as well. So hopefully we can eventually find a way home." I added.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2017 at 2:43 PM

Alix politely shook his hand and then retracted it. "Sounds good." she said nodding her head. She brushed her hair out of her face and looked ahead. "Where were you from?" She asked, simultaneously staring into the distance. She tried to remember her old home but her memories were faint.

@thebrokenvibe @nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @panda9983

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 2 April 2017 at 5:10 PM

@lailaluckyseal87 @thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar

"We should be following the two, you know..." Mina mumbled. "We can do introductions later, but for now, we need to go after them." She reached out to the light that Acro and Arys had went to, as a light brighter than the stars itself began to glow around Mina's hand. The lights were reacting to Mina's light abilities!
Eventually, she vanished, as she managed to make it into the universe.
-
Acro woke up to the sound of rain falling against trees, the muffled sound startling her.
"And where the heck are we?" She asked Arys, who was floating in front of her.

"Somewhere, it seems." Arys replied, turning back to Acro as she saw a bright light from the willow.
"Watch out. Someone is coming." She blankly replied.

Acro was confused as to what Arys meant, and Mina landed on top of Acro, causing the two to fall down.
"Argh! That's what you meant...!" She pushed Mina aside, before standing up again.

Mina fell over before getting back up again. "What just happened?" She was confused as to what went on. As she took a look at her surroundings, she could find out that they're inside a forest during a rainy day.
"At least it is peaceful around here..."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 2 April 2017 at 7:10 PM

"Of course." Alix said, following her. She began to feel relaxed with these people.

She followed Mina towards the star. Unsure, she put her hand on it. She closed her eyes as she was engulfed in light. She opened her eyes to find herself falling onto the ground. "Oof" she said as her knees hit the ground a little too hard for her comfort. She made the temperature drop deeply, to her pleasure.

Alix looked around her surroundings. She saw a forest and it was raining. She flicked her wrist and an umbrella of ice began to form in her hand. The top was large enough to fit multiple people.

"Anyone need shelter?" she asked, waving her hand towards the umbrella. "Specially crafted for this weather." she joked slightly.

@nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @thebrokenvibe

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 2 April 2017 at 11:20 PM

@nightmaremoon12 (Hopefully Thy, Thine, and Thee is part of oOld English. Did some research and relized that these are probably the only words you might understand. So, in summary, he isn't well exposed to modern tools, but hears some modern words from passbyers.)
@emeraldstar
@thebrokenvibe
@lailaluckyseal87

Shadow woke up with his head spinning. Groaning, he stood up and walked around. Not knowing what to do in this strange forest, he hid. Then after a while when he heard some voices he followed it, bumping right in a girl. "Hello, what is thy name," he asked a girl with a upside down bowl and a stick. He never saw anything like it, and wasn't sure of it's work.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 3 April 2017 at 12:17 AM

@nightmaremoon12 (Do they all appear in the same place when they touch the orb or can people appear in different spots within a certain radius? I'm just curious because things could get squishy once Lethe joins the party.) @panda9983 @lailaluckyseal87 @emeraldstar

Lethon

I sighed watching as the rest went through the light. I would have to follow, being alone in this forest was never going to be a good idea.

I hesitantly reached out, flinching away moments before I could touch the light.

But where will it send us? I wondered, resting my hand against my face. Where we end up does not matter. The others are already there. If we die as a result, it will make no difference. the tiny voice in my head-perhaps the sliver of me that was still Eon?-reasoned.

I shook my head, steeling myself before I grabbed the light.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 April 2017 at 1:49 AM

@lailaluckyseal87
@thebrokenvibe (They appear around the light, but it's rare that they would appear in the same spot.)
@panda9983 (The characters aren't in the Forest of Stars anymore.)
@emeraldstar
(Reminder for me that Mina rarely uses contractions)

"I am fine," Mina replied. "It's not like a little rain would hurt me... Not that it matters or anything, but freezing is something not all of us enjoy, you know." Despite that, she automatically enabled her heating system to not malfunction to the cold.

"I ain't complaining about a little cold." Acro exclaimed. "Besides, I'm made out of stars, therefore, I'm unfreezable!" She boasted her gasbag appearance, as being made out of the same material as common stars gave her natural heat. "You and your metal won't stand a chance against me!"

Mina scoffed. "I won't regret blinding you. After all, I have light magic." She casted a ball of light, before disappearing it.

Acro laughed at Mina's magic trick. "Seriously? That all you can do with magic?" She was laughing so hard until Mina casted a solid spinning blade of light towards Acro's hand, causing the gaseous form of her hand to go haywire, and hit a tree bark before vanishing into light.
"Ow! What was that for?"

"Like I said, I won't regret blinding you." Mina grimaced, before focusing her energy on creating a light orb. It was getting dark, but the light from Acro was enough to create weak light orbs and blades. "Hotheaded stars like you will die in seconds, you know."

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 3 April 2017 at 2:05 AM

@nightmaremoon12 (Alright.) @panda9983 @lailaluckyseal87 @emeraldstar
(Time to enable corny plot device that is going to grow old fast for me.)

Eon

Truth be told, when I grabbed the light I hadn't expected to materialize amongst tree branches of a willow. Much less did I expected to have materialized alone. Well I wasn't technically alone, the rest of the group I had grouped up with was here, but alone in the more serious sense.

Somewhere along the line of this jump we had separated. Something that the last I could recall was before our world collapsed under the rule of the Artifical.

I pulled myself into a standing position after flopping gracelessly onto the floor. I ran a hand through my hair, only mildly grateful that I didn't nearly tear my scalp as I did so.

I glanced up, hoping that my current appearance didn't worry the others too severely. And even if it didn't, Lethe's own would probaby be enough to cause worry.

Where is that big lug anyways? He needs me to translate for him here. I thought as I realized the dragon was nowhere to be seen. Yet at least.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 April 2017 at 3:47 AM

@thebrokenvibe @lailaluckyseal87 @panda9983 @emeraldstar
(that feeling when you ping yourself)

"Ah, I'm shocked that we have a new person with us." Arys sarcastically said. "But you look familiar. Nevermind."
She then turned to Acro and Mina, a stern look on her face.
"I recommend that you two decide to stop fighting and get on our merry way."

"Hmph. At least I'll forget all of this in a moment..." Acro mumbled, before her hand began to reform again. She reached for her pocket and grabbed a small journal, recording what the willow tree looked like and where it is, just so she could remember, no thanks to the Novakid's habit of having memories like a goldfish yet very intelligent. "I don't usually forgive, I only forget." She then looked at Eon, a familiar face running through her mind.
"I wonder who this person is? They kinda remind me of someone..."

Mina grimaced. "I am not one for fighting, but I can go for a small spar and win in the end. After all, what's the point with huge lunks of heavy metal when you can quickly run around with powerful spells at your hands? Magicians surely get the upper hand." She boasted, before a smile appeared on her face. "I'm not one to be messed around with."

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 April 2017 at 7:27 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe @panda9983 @lailaluckyseal87

Skye looked at Emily and then confidently leaped up and touched the light. She disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"I...I.." Emily said nervously before touching the light and disappearing like all those before her.

Skye started falling into the new place. Quickly, she turned into a bird and landed gracefully. She then turned back into a human and bowed.

Emily wasn't so lucky... She landed with a thump on the floor. "Ow... My head..." sighed Emily.

Skye straightened up and got her silver sword out.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 3:45 PM

"Okay." Alix says and looks around more. She sees a little monkey staring at them She approaches and smiles. "Hello" she says before turning away. "So... where to next?" she asks.

@emeraldstar @nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 April 2017 at 5:08 PM

@emeraldstar @lailaluckyseal87 @thebrokenvibe @panda9983

"You're so full of yourself!' Acro yelled at Mina. She was getting tired of her words. "I can and I will tear you down!" She then grabbed a large rifle behind her back. "I'm the captain of my own crew. I don't think you're strong enough to take me out easily."

Mina rolled her eyes. "I see that you are just trying to make me feel bad. Nothing of that sort ever works." She didn't respond to Acro's battle request. "Besides, if you think you're that tough, then why don't you just shoot? You're being very persistent."

Arys sighed. "I wish you two would stop quarreling. Especially you, Acro." She glared at the Novakid, hoping Mina and her would get on good terms.
She then looked back at Alix to respond. "We're going to explore this universe. It's not everyday that outsiders visit this place. We're near a village - and it'll be shocking when they see a group of really strange people visit them, so we'll need to remain hidden."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 5:18 PM

Alix nodded. "Let's go. I have something I can use to hide myself." She mentions, her hands itching to use her powers. She wasn't used to not using them for this long. She snapped her fingers and her cane appeared, covered in a frosty layer. She grabbed it tight and it made her feel more comfortable and safe.

Alix glanced at Acro and Mina. She walked towards Mina. "Would you like to go look for something nice to bring back with me?" she asked, glancing at Acro. She turned back to Mina and smiled.

"We don't have to go far from the others, this area seems very intricate, yet interesting." She lightly hit her cane on the ground and made it freeze more. Comfort soared through her body as she waited for Mina to respond.

@nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @thebrokenvibe

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 April 2017 at 5:37 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"If I stay closer to you, I am afraid I might break." Mina said. "I'll pass this. My internal heating system isn't going to last long in all this cold."

Arys then stopped floating on the ground, and looked at Alix. "Perhaps I can join. I look more human. After all, that's what I was. As long as I don't just float or get in contact with others, they won't notice that I'm dead."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 5:52 PM

Alix nodded, hurt. It's not her fault she has to stay cold. She turned to Arys. "Of course, let's go!" she said, turns to walk into the deeper forest.

After walking for only a few minutes, Alix hit her head on a branch. "Ooff" she said, staggering back in pain. She rubbed her head fiercely before summoning an ice pack. She laughed nervously. "Clumsy me shows up again.." She said, worried for what she might have hurt. She would check herself later.

@nightmaremoon12 @emeraldstar @thebrokenvibe Eating now. May not post for a while! Laundy was full of ants so I used a hammer to pick up clothes, still worried. I want to shower after eating. Cya! ❤️

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 3 April 2017 at 8:18 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @lailaluckyseal87 @emeraldstar @panda9983

Eon

I listened to the argument, watching the tree as more appeared. A few moment later a dark shape filled the top of the tree, and I was forced to quickly sidestep away as Lethe slammed onto the ground.

I flinched at the thud he made, but watched as he picked himself up, almost effortlessly. His scales were fairly useful for absorbing shock.

He glanced at me, clearly as surprised as I was at the separation. I shrugged and waved off his next question. Instead choosing to examine how the others were faring. It would be quite some time before me and Lethe could reform again.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 4 April 2017 at 1:29 AM

@lailaluckyseal87 @thebrokenvibe

"Are you okay?" Arys said. "Glad I'm in control of temperatures. You know, Mina isn't even alive." She was reminded how Mina resembled a former explorer of the Forest. "She isn't a living creature, like all of us. It's hard to explain, but... Can you keep this a secret to her?" She needed to tell somebody about Mina's relationship to a former explorer, but not in front of Mina until she was ready to understand.
~
Mina winced at the giant dragon in front of her. Compared to her unusual height of being nearly seven feet, this dragon was larger.
She got closer to Acro, and began casting a solid, spinning blade of light. "Who is this creature...?"

Acro felt a bit uneasy when Mina got closer to her. "Hey, hey. Can I at least get a bit of space over here? Besides, can't you just cast them spinny things without inching close to me?" She grabbed her rifle again, ready to shoot whenever things got in a pinch.

"I can only cast things near light!" Mina groaned. "You are going to have to deal with me being a moth around you." She didn't want to attack yet, only when she was in deep trouble.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 4 April 2017 at 2:07 PM

"I'm fine." Alix lied. She looked at Arys weirdly when he said she wasn't human. "What do you mean by that? And of course, I'm trustworthy to keep a secret." She said, bowing slightly. Her ice pack was now floating above her.

She sat down on a nice looking rock and glanced at Arys like a child. She blinked when a small black dot appeared in both eyes. She shrugged and decided to brush it off as something was either in her eyes, or she had looked at the sun too long. She glanced up and saw no sun. She knew it must be something in her eyes. Although, it was odd that she saw it in both eyes.

@nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 4 April 2017 at 5:05 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Arys smiled. "As guardian, I always hear things from the willow trees. Each tree contains their own story, as if everything has been recorded." And about Mina..." She paused for a moment, and then continued. "As a Cog, she is nothing but a bunch of wires and code mashed together. Even more, she is also defective. Went past what she needed to do and became what she wanted to be. This past explorer was the same."
She looked at Alix once more, the temperature dropping because of Arys. "Both were exiled from their universe, because of being defective. The first, for disobeying orders and for befriending a Toon. Mina was defective because she was created with magic, which is currently banned due to how powerful it is and how it can endanger others around her."

The ice forming around Arys began to form various figures around her, shaped like the former explorer.
"This first explorer was very coldhearted except for her only friend. She never had more than a single friend. Sad, isn't it? She died along with that friend, and had nobody else to remember her."
"I feel as if these willows are telling the same stories over and over again. At this point, Mina will just experience history again. It's not even worth telling her."