I don't want to be me.

in Chit-Chat

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 29 March 2017 at 4:06 PM

I don't want to be me.

Every time I am me, people scream at me. They tell me to grow up. They tell me that I am stupid. They tell me to stop.
Every time I try, it is never good enough. Drawing turns to muck. Acting turns to muck. Even my devotion of the last two years in band… turns to muck.
Every time I pretend, people take it seriously.
Every time I am serious, people don't take me, or what I have to say, seriously.
My parents do not trust me.
When I get home every afternoon, my siblings scream at me.
My friends, they do not give me attention, or even recognition, unless it is disapointment or disgust.

I don't want to be me.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 8 April 2017 at 6:21 PM

I'm sorry for that. ☹️

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 April 2017 at 11:16 PM

@jellifysh
:c I'm sorry sorry about that ❤️ we will always be here for you when things go downhill ❤️

Male
336 posts

ufo • 11 April 2017 at 12:39 PM

@jellifysh sending you good vibes ❤️ you'll grow into the person you want to be, just work on one thing at a time and don't be afraid to evolve!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 11 April 2017 at 1:07 PM

@skyfall4 @jardoz thank you

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 11 April 2017 at 1:12 PM

@jellifysh I feel the same way sometimes ❤️ I'm here for you if you need attention or someone to scream at

316 posts

ravensong • 11 April 2017 at 4:53 PM

There's only one of you and if you weren't you, the world would be losing someone important, even if you don't feel important. Be the best of yourself. Be 100% you because there are so many people and friends you haven't met yet, but will like you as you. You are worth more than GOLD. Take my word for it. Hope your life turns brighter!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 11 April 2017 at 5:39 PM

@jellifysh
@ravensong is right. ❤️ Life is a funny thing ;D

Non-binary
9 posts

teakitty • 15 April 2017 at 7:38 PM

That's terrible.
Nobody should be treated like that unless they did VERY bad crimes. Just be yourself, because everyone else is taken. And remember, people like us, even though we may not know you in real, still care. Try to hold up from the insults, ignorance, ect. given to you. 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 15 April 2017 at 8:09 PM

Yah, that's soooo bad. Everyone needs good friends, good parents, good siblings (even if they are super annoying, like mine) and be treated nicely. On egg cave, we will all be your friends.
@jellyfish

Deleted • 16 April 2017 at 11:01 PM

Always know that people on Egg Cave will be here for you, okay? And I know it's hard, but when people upset you, put a smile on your face and be strong. Find something that you enjoy doing, find people where you can be yourself around. When life brings you down, get up and brush off your knees and say,"I am who I am and no one else. If you don't like the way I am well too bad, because I not gonna change." And, you don't have to look far to find those friends, because we are right here. We will always be here.
And those "friends" you have are the ones who need to grow up and learn to accept who you are. If you can't be yourself around someone, they are not your friends.
One more thing, if you try at something and fail try again. If you are so fed up with trying, then don't. Like drawing, somethings look good when you try. Others look good when you freestyle and do what you want.
The point is, no matter what never stop living your life. It is your's and if the people around you can't see that you are special because you are the only you there is, then they are blind. Promise me you will never stop being yourself, even when it's tough. If you do this then they will have to accept you for who you are. It may take time, but it will happen, even if you don't believe me. Promise me. Promise yourself you will be you and won't stop until people accept YOU.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 April 2017 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, @happysappy
We will always be there for u, @jellyfish

Female
689 posts

cclynn2855 • 16 April 2017 at 11:55 PM

@jellifysh Hey sweetie, if you ever wanna PM, I know exactly what you're going through ❤️

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 17 April 2017 at 3:58 AM

@jellifysh
☹️ Sorry, that's awful D:
But everyone has something that makes them unique (no not your fingerprint XD) : you just hafta find it 😱 Everyone is special for something: if you think you're "muck" at something: try something new 😃 Maybe you'll find a hidden talent, and prove your friends wrond 😊 Plus, if they act like that around you they are certainly not true friends :/ It may take time, but try find a new friend 😱 Friends accept you for who you are and help you when you're in trouble 😊
Don't let that discourage you: keep trying 😃
Or maybe find help... Seriously the way your friends treat you kinda sounds like bullying...
If you don't try turn things around, you're never gonna find a solution 😱

And sorry I sound like a ridiculous advice teller ^^;

Female
137 posts

vos • 27 April 2017 at 7:20 PM

@jellifysh

Remember this rhyme when people say things that are out of line -

Twinkle, twinkle little star
What you say is what you are!

It's not you. It's them who need to get their acts together. Hang in there till you find people who see the unique beautiful person you are.

Sending love, hugs and sunshine 😊

Female
19 posts

oshawott1234 • 28 April 2017 at 1:17 AM

Remember that there will be people there for you. I have also suffered from terrible things as well. I tell you this story about me. When I was in sixth grade I started to watch some really nasty stuff. And I also looked at scary things as well. Those scary and nasty things affected my grades in school and how I act. It got worse for me to the point that I had suicidal thoughts. During winter break however was when I changed. I was caught watching the scary things. I was asked by my mom of what I was watching. I knew that I should stop with watch those scary things. Before this happened I decide to stop watching the nasty things. After those two events I decided to improve my life. Day by day I have turned my life around to becoming the person I am today. So I hope this little story of mines helped you. So go out there and change your life around.

Female
5 posts

kupitu • 29 April 2017 at 1:38 PM

You are the only you out there. If you were someone else, then your role as you would be empty. Be you, and I know it can be hard, but just do what you feel is best, and never let anyone change who you are. And plus, if you werent you, then you would have taken someone else's role. So, basically, You is the only role you have and fit in to.

P.S, If you ever need someone to cheer you up, I'll always be glad to help. It's good that you share how it is, because now we can do what we can to help you. I also know that this isn't what you want to hear, but maybe you should find new friends. If they treat you like that, then they aren't really much of..friends.

Deleted • 13 May 2017 at 8:46 AM

Nobody's perfect. Katy perry ain't perfect. I ain't perfect. Flight attendants ain't perfect. If people don't like that, stuff them. Everyone's unique. Stay positive. Stay unique.

Oh and your so called "friends" ain't friends at all. Real friends would never treat you like that. Here's a story:

Well, once upon a time I thought i had 9 friends. They never even said hi to me. All they did was tell me what to do. So one day i just ignored them. Sure, it took a lot of patience but eventually they just stopped. I got 4 great friends that look out for me.

Not everybody's gonna be pro at drawing. People have there own talents. Sometimes it takes years to find em.

Don't give up.