The Epic Idea ~0,0~ A new spin on re-releasing creatures...

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 14 September 2011 at 11:23 PM

LIKE!!!

This seems to solve the problem of people whining about decreased value! 😃 Good idea.

1,655 posts

chatial • 14 September 2011 at 11:42 PM

Sorry, I don't like this idea ):
Or the idea of re-releasing critters...
But that's just me

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 15 September 2011 at 6:51 AM

@pipkitten Ok I accept your apology😸 I was probably overreacting a bit and being defensive ^^"

2,403 posts

evolutary • 15 September 2011 at 7:05 AM

This is an awesome idea! It's like shiny pokemon. xD Creatures do lose their originality though and it wouldn't exactly work, but it's a nice thought. 😊

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 15 September 2011 at 7:14 AM

Reported above ~*~*~*

(ps. I ALREADY HAV SANDELS!!!)

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 7:19 AM

Reported [Spam bot]

I like the blue tine in general, but I don't like the idea of re-releasing the tines.

That's just me 😸

2,403 posts

evolutary • 15 September 2011 at 7:21 AM

Reported the spam bot. C:

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 15 September 2011 at 7:23 AM

@evolutary said it very well, this should be like shiny pokemon and not like paint-your-pet-any-colour-even-if-it-looks-bad like on Neopets. I think this *could* work, but one good alternative colour should be made and rereleased every year, for example as a CC creature, so it will remain a little special, like the ghosty. The original colours will still be infinitely more rare than the rereleases, so that wouldn't be a real problem. In this way you can consider the originals to be 'shiny'.

For example I think a tine would look really good in white with red or blue accents, while I think a squearth would look good in orange and yellow and how about a black or white Raicorn for those of us who are not so fond of colours? 😸 This way the load on the artists wouldn't be as heavy either, since there would only be two designs needed.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 15 September 2011 at 7:28 AM

@dionaea You got that right! 😸 I think there are only 2 artists, and they are @piucca and @qesque

Edit: Hey, you pressed enter! (points at 'name a quirk about yourself' thread).

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 7:31 AM

@evolutary

What about my thread? o_O?

2,403 posts

evolutary • 15 September 2011 at 7:32 AM

@cafe I wrote 'I notice the small details in things'. 😸

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 7:33 AM

@evolutary

OHH

I was confused xD

2,403 posts

evolutary • 15 September 2011 at 7:36 AM

Hey, how did this spam bot get here? D:< (Reported).

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 15 September 2011 at 7:37 AM

I'm not sure how many there are, I just know that having to redesign ALL LE creatures every year is undoable, plus you'll run out of designs at some point... Another reason I think this should be like the shiny pokemon is because Ark is presented as a somewhat more normal world than for example Neopets, and in the real world there are often only a few variations in colour for every species, sometimes there are none at all. Making so many variations would kinda ruin it for me, since it would be way too much like neopets.

I also like this because it would mean that at any time there are more creatures available in the CS, while they don't always have to be all new, from july next year Ian could start rereleasing the monthlies and add 1 completely new creature each month for example.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 15 September 2011 at 11:06 AM

What's wrong with just rereleasing the creatures as they are? I don't see the harm in, say, making previous years' Christmas LE eggs available in the future. Nowadays it is impossible for new users to get any of those rare eggs because those who hoard these eggs every time they come out will demand things no new users can ever give.

This is why rare eggs end up cycling within the same circle of users who spend all their time trading and retrading creatures. Users who come here to actually treat this place like a pet site and not a trading game will not have 10 LE eggs to trade for a Foo or Macbot or whatever.

So, if you really want to make those pets available, just rerelease them again for another limited time. So what if the "eggconomy" takes a slight hit? It's not like it will cripple Egg Cave in any way.

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 11:15 AM

@mrsgiggles

It wouldn't be fair for the older users [And I mean, before now, not old in general] who traded many many many eggs for the critters, if they just became so easily available. It's like they traded their most prizes eggs, for nothing.

Female
242 posts

libra • 15 September 2011 at 11:40 AM

I remember how hard I had to work to get a balrog, then they came out in the CS. ☹️

Female
2,595 posts

maineen • 15 September 2011 at 12:08 PM

spambot 😱 *reports*

3,153 posts

sanibel_18 • 15 September 2011 at 12:25 PM

yay! 😊
a blue tine!😊
i ❤️ it!!! 😉

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 15 September 2011 at 2:05 PM

@mrsgiggles
This would be against what Ian stated in the archives, that some pets will only be released for a certain period. I doubt he'll simply rerelease LE pets, I suggested an option to reconstruct them at the SRC, but that was rejected too. Also Ian said on another thread he wasn't planning to rerelease LE pets at all. On the other hand releasing a different version of the same pet would be feasible, since the pet is not exactly the same, so the originals retain their value. And cafe's argument is also strong, just rereleasing these pets in the cave/CS would cause an outrage with the players who already traded heaps to get them (and that's not just old users).

@maximum_ride_forever
That traumatized me too ☹️

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 15 September 2011 at 2:12 PM

Alt colors have been suggested before. I was one of the people to suggest them so I would know ;P I still like the idea but many are against re-releasing certain creatures.

3,562 posts

cafe • 15 September 2011 at 2:28 PM

o3o

White tinneee

xD
//Popped into head//

I know I'd be mad if the tine came out, and I traded oodles to get one.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 15 September 2011 at 2:40 PM

@gvantsa

I don't mind (and I'm very much against making the same pets available again). It's just not the same pet anymore if you change the colours, it's not like the Balrog where only the steal dates are different o.o

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 15 September 2011 at 3:01 PM

I don't know...I'm not a fan of this idea. I think they'd look weird in different colors. Maybe that's just me.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 15 September 2011 at 9:45 PM

@cafe @dionaea

That's why I said "if". If Ian doesn't want to release LE eggs, fine. If he does, releasing it in different colors is just unnecessarily complicated.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 16 September 2011 at 5:34 AM

@mrsgiggles

Why would it be unnecessarily complicated if it's just one new colour, it won't be like Neopets. I think it would actually be nice to have an alternate colour for each pet (sure wouldn't mind a not so pink Luvlei XD). I think that for most pets there are other colour schemes possible which will look just as good as the original ones 😊 Also if it's just one alternate the eggcave artists can put more effort in it than simply changing the colours which are present to different ones, like for example add patterns and such or even small changes to the line drawing if it makes the pet look better.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 16 September 2011 at 6:19 AM

Ugh D| Spambot... Reported!

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 16 September 2011 at 5:15 PM

It's complicated because there will be no agreement on what the alternate color should be and you can bet there will be walls of complaints from people who want another color to the one proposed. Frankly, I'd rather see Ian allocate resources to creating new pets instead of recoloring old pets.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 16 September 2011 at 5:24 PM

@mrsgiggles
I actually like new pets better too 😉 But I kinda like this idea as well 😸

151 posts

gisel4356 • 16 September 2011 at 8:16 PM

I dunno maybe it could work??o.o