The Rebellion of Wyvern's Court {RP Thread}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 6 April 2017 at 3:23 PM

I apologize for not getting this up sooner. I haven't had free time in a long while.

Intro

It has been five years since Queen Diana moved into the throne of Wyvernhallow. Five years since an uprising placed the noble family Willowbury on the throne. Five years since the former rulers were killed before their people. Five years since Queen Diana declared a public ban on all magic within the kingdom of Wyvernhallow. Five years since the last kingdom that allowed magic turned against the mystic force.

In those five years anyone caught performing magic was captured and either executed or imprisoned for life. Most magic users fled the Shattered Isles, hoping to find solace in some other reign of land amongst the Stormbent Seas. Those that stayed hid their magic. Only performing it in secret amongst others like them. Many took on other jobs around the town as farmers, blacksmiths, jesters, thieves, healers, knights, guards and the like. Hoping to blend in and not be killed for a slip up.

Yet as two newcomers enter Wyvern's Court something shifts on the winds and magic starts to bubble at the ends of the city. Threatening to forever alter the way of life forced upon these citizens.

The City

Wyvern's Court is the capital of Wyvernhallow, the largest kingdom in the Shattered Isles. It is home to the great Castle Dower, which houses Queen Diana and her son and heir Prince Johnathan.

The city itself is divided into four parts, the Outlying a place just outside the walls of the castle where the farms are located, the Lower District where the shops, stalls and farming houses are, the Central District a mostly residential district with a large open courtyard where ceremonies and festivals are held, and the Upper District where the guard and knights quarters are located alongside the training field and castle.

Rules

-No sues, powerplaying or godmodding
-Follow the EggCave forum and site rules
-Please be literate and have decent spelling and grammar. Try and post three sentences per post, regardless of what is going on
-No unnecessary caps, punctuation or drama
-The basics of a plot is already hashed out, but if you have plot lines or ideas i am always open to seeing and possible incorporating them
-This is a semi-medieval type world, they have swords and bows but no guns, set in a 1200 time space with clothing options closer to the 1800s
-All discovered magic users run the risk of execution or imprisonment. There aren't really any exceptions.

Other Kingdoms Nobility

Skarra Skarra is ruled by King Donald, a brute of a man who was wed to a secret sorceress who was killed upon discovery of her magic. He had two children, Prince Jackson and Princess Jasmine. His son soon became the ambassador of Skarra to Wyvernhallow, and his daughter was killed by bandits when travelling to the coast.

Axiom Unknown/Open

Idris Unknown/Ope

User and Character List

@pitch1226
Quin Tervick Female Vampire Silkwoman from the Central District
Miles Fenit Male Weredog Thief from the Outlying
Lyxa Hendet Female Human Part-time Thief from the Outlying

@emeraldstar
Summer Dragonclaw Female Human Farmer from the Outlying
Susan Brook Female Sorceress Handmaiden to Diana from the Lower Levels of Castle Tower

@flowerlynx
Melissa Ravenhas Female Wereleopard Weaponsmaker from the Upper District

@thebrokenvibe
Queen Diana Robins Female Human Queen of Wyvernhallow from the Castle Tower
Prince Johnathan Male Wizard Prince of Wyvernhallow from the Castle Tower
Prince Jackson Mornwillow Male Human Ambassador to Wynernhallow from Idris, Former Prince of Skarra, from the Castle Dower
Alyss Ravenhallow Female Sorceress Head Healer from the Central-Upper district border. Former Princess of Skarra, faked her death and ran to Wyvernhallow.
Cole Male Wizard Knight from the Upper District

@oceanswhisper
Venus Black Female Sorceress Theif from the Central District-Lower District alleys.

We may now begin. It is around noon on a Monday in early Springtime. Mildly cloudy and with light showers.
~~~~~

Alyss walked out of her shabby little house, slipping her medicinal satchel over her shoulder. She shielded her eyes from the watery sunlight, keeping an eye on where she was heading.

A few days ago she had received word that one of the blacksmiths had fallen ill with a strange disease. And while she treated them at the time, his condition only seemed to have been getting worse.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 6 April 2017 at 3:30 PM

Melissa groaned. It was too early to wake up... although, she did need to start early if she wanted to get a decent amount of weapons made. She yawned, exhausted, but got out of her creaky bed anyways. She stretched, out on some new clothes, and ate some eggs that she had prepared the previous night. She stood, leaving her silverware on the table, and walked into the part of her house that was her weapons shop. Oh yeah... she remembered she was going to walk around a little bit instead, today. The forest, perhaps? Melissa hadn't gone there in a long time, and she needed to use her leopard form again or else she would start unvoluntarily shifting forms, which happened. She opened her wooden, beat up door- sometime she would have that fixed or replaced- and walked in the direction of the forest.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 6 April 2017 at 3:49 PM

Quin was already up, a cut piece of silk in one hand and a needle in the other. She had to at least get this order done, the owner would be coming to the shop soon to pay for it. As she worked, the woman looked up at the sky and felt a bit relieved at the cloudiness. It would be harder for her to get sunburned with the sun hiding, however the rain made her frown more than she already was. Quin hoped it wouldn't ruin her shoes is she had to go anywhere today. It's not like she just had money laying around to buy a new pair.

A prick of pain snapped her back from her thoughts. Taking off her left glove, a small bead of blood appeared on her finger. Scolding herself, Quin quickly washed it off and put her glove back on. She was grateful none had gotten on the silk, she would have had to start over. A blood stained skirt would never due, after all.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 7 April 2017 at 2:13 AM

@flowerlynx @pitch1226 @emeraldstar
{Can you guys ping those involved? I rely on notifications to know of someone has responded because mobile hates me.}

Alyss scowled as the patient began to refuse any treatment. She turned to his family, a young neice and his middle aged daughter.

"If he won't accept the medicine from me, perhaps he would take it better from you." she said, handing the small herbal mixture over to the older of the two. "Just make sure he takes it soon. If his condition doesn't improve within three days be sure to come back to me. I'll see if I or one of the other healers can't help." she promised, bidding the family a farewell.

As she stepped into the courtyard a brief chill settled over her, and she had a sense that it was not because of the weather. Which had been pleasant if rainy. No this chill was brought about by the harsh negative energies Alyss could sense coming from the man passing her.

She flinched slightly, avoiding his gaze, hoping that the overpowering scent of mint and lemon that swamped her was simply an artificial scent. Alyss had only encountered such a negativity from suppressed magic.

~~~~~

Cole stood in the training field, his sword hanging loosely from his hand. Ever since sunrise he had been here, trying to hone his skills and impress his superiors. He knew that he was simply tiring himself out, but he wanted to make up for his flop in a recent attack from bandits.

He only hoped that things would go better in the assessment later that day.

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 7 April 2017 at 3:34 AM

@flowerlynx @thebrokenvibe @pitch1226

Summer looked around. "Father, I'm going on a walk." She said to him. He nodded and Summer walked towards the forest. She walked through the leaves and tried to avoid the puddles of mud. Barely any light shone through the trees. She found it cold, due to not having a coat. She found a large rock and sat upon it and pulled the newspaper out of her pocket. The headline was clear 'Magic Users on the run after more revealed this weekend.' She stopped reading, what had happened this time?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 7 April 2017 at 11:18 PM

@emeraldstar @pitch1226 @flowerlynx

Queen Diana paced in the main hall of her castle. After the recent magic users were discovered over the weekend, she had grown more and more restless. If they were getting bold enough to practice out in the countryside, how much longer until magic moved into the walls of her city itself?

She had already sent her son to go check in on the watchmen stationed around the city, but the worm of unease grew larger still. What if her son had grown too soft on the magic users?

After all he did still feel bad for their treatment of Sebastian. But still, the werebeast had his fate sealed when he tried to run.

Still, Diana reasoned, it wasn't like Johnathan to stray away from his mother too much. He was always one to follow the fold, and stay in line.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 8 April 2017 at 12:45 AM

@thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar @pitch1226
She finally arrived at her destination- the forest. Melissa yet again stretched; it was still very early, but it was necessary for what she was to do. She springted in, then finally morphed satisfyingly into her leaopard form. Melissa as a leopard sat on the ground, waiting and hoping nobody else would come. After a while, she stood and stretched one final time, then morphed back to human. It was somewhat close to noon, and she would have to deliver a specially made sword to a customer. Melissa sighed, then walked back to her shop. She grabbed the beautiful silver sword, and walked out the door quickly.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 8 April 2017 at 1:05 AM

@flowerlynx {I thought her name was Melissa?} @pitch1226 @emeraldstar

Jackson strolled through the market of the town, while he enjoyed being in the castle, he did have to admit that fresh air was often times necessary. As he paused beside on of the small stalls selling arranged flowers, he felt someone bump into him.

Being an ambassador, and even a Prince at that, meant that most people wouldn't run into him. And so it came as a shock when the woman who ran into him didn't even seem apologetic. She simply seemed surprised to find someone in her way.

Jackson raised his eyebrows, resentful that he had to look up in order to see this woman properly. To her credit she did look worried at this.

"By the Gods I'm sorry. I honestly didn't mean to run into you." she said, her words catching on themselves as she spoke almost too quickly for him to catch.

"You're the healer right?" Jackson asked, not bothering to even accept her apology. If she really had been sorry, he reasoned, she would have apologized the moment she ran into him.

"Head healer." she corrected. "You're the Skarra ambassador and prince correct?" she asked after a moments silence.

"Of course. Who else would I be?" Jackson snapped.

"Well I just, didn't expect him to be so,"

"So what?" Jackson demanded, his rage seeping into his voice. First she acted so rude to him, bumping into him and not apologizing, and now she insults him.

"So, well so angry." she finished bluntly. "Now, I do feel bad for running into you. But I really must get going, there's still many of the ill to tend to."

And before he could even demand what she mean, the woman had ran off.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 8 April 2017 at 11:22 PM

@thebrokenvibe @pitch1226 @emeraldstar
(It is. XD ooops... fixed now.)

Melissa hurried through the market, keeping her head down in case someone recognized her from when she was a notorious thief. She ran into someone on the way- she apologized quickly, then continued on her route.

Finally reaching her customer's house, she gently knocked on the door. A middle aged, athletic man opened the door. "Hello, sir. Were you the one who ordered this fine sword?"

"Yes. Let me go retrieve my payment."

Melissa nodded, and stood outside the door, as the man walked back inside his house. She got an itchy feeling as she spotted all of the fine things she could steal...

No.

Melissa's theif days were over. If she stole from this man, anyways, she could be easily arrested or accused of witchcraft, and that would not end well for her.

Finally, the man reappeared, with the proper amount of gold coins. The money and the sword exchanged hands, and the man looked approvingly at his new sword. "Fine craftsmanship."

"Thank you very much, sir."

Melissa headed back to her house. Again, she bumped into the person- but this time, she should offer a better apology.

(And yes, I know that it was not Melissa that bumped into the ambassador.)

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 9 April 2017 at 12:09 AM

@flowerlynx @emeraldstar @pitch1226

Alyss practically sprinted away from Jackson, sure it was maybe 3 years since they had last seen each other, but she still feared he would recognize her. If she was worried, she could always just leave Wyvernhallow. But in the two short years she had been here, somehow the magic seemed to have started becoming more prominent.

Her fingers itched to weave between the magical forces that filled this land, as she had so often on her and Cole's journey, but now she was forced to keep her magic bottled up. Yet, she knew that soon things would change. She could almost taste it on the air.

So lost in thought she was, that she nearly missed her next patients house.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 9 April 2017 at 1:09 AM

@thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar @pitch1226
"I'm so sorry! I bumped into you again. Um... if you need me, go to the weapons shop down the street." She hurried off, not meeting the stranger's eyes. Time to make more weapons. Tomorrow, of course. She still had taken the day off, and had posted a sign outside her window stating that fact. It was almost noon, now; better grab some food from the market to make food with. Melissa veered off in the direction of the market, not bumping into anyone on the way there.

The market had fish, bread, meats, vegetables, fruits; anything she could've wished for. Melissa only pirchased some fruits, out of which she would make a fruit salad.

She hurried back in the direction of home, slowing down when she realized that there really was no rush. She turned the corner, and came upon her house, and she went inside.

The fruit salad turned out good- Melissa could've done better picking the fruits, though. She had picked some imported pineapple, and it turned out that it had not been fully ripe before she'd cut it up.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 9 April 2017 at 7:45 AM

Miles padded around in the shops, Lyxa close behind. The dog and girl snuck into an isolated and secluded area and reviewed the plan.

"Today we go to the jeweler's store. Use that little girl charm of yours. I'll see if I can grab something," Miles quietly said, his words sounding similar to a muffled bark. His half sister rolled her eyes, clearing ready to get the show on the road.

"Yeah, yeah. I got it, Miles. You've only told me one million times. Stop yapping and let's go!" Lyxa strolled back into the area of shops, not waiting to see if Miles was following or not, which he was. They made their way to the jeweler's stand and while Lyxa went right toward the front, her half brother hung back, slowly but surly slinking around the back.

The girl skipped up to the stand, a fascinated expression on her face. Necklaces, rings, earrings, all types of jewelry littered a table, glittering despite the lack of sun. Her light brown eyes were wide with admiration and longing. The jeweler quickly took notice of the potential consumer and a friendly smile appeared on his face.

"Well, hello there young miss! What can I do for you?" His white mustache bounced up and down when he talked, though it was sometimes hard to tell because of his beard that still held some of it's old color of brown.

"I'd just like to admire your craftsmanship if you don't mind. You see, I can't afford anything, but hopefully one day I'll be able to support your business and buy something! What is the least expensive piece?" While she occupied the jeweler, Miles had been able to successfully make it behind the stand unnoticed. He was careful not to make any sudden movements in case he was in the victim's peripheral vision and it caused him to turn around. Poking his nose into a slightly opened crate and gently taking a necklace into his jaws, the mutt mentally praised Lyxa on not looking at him a single time as it could bring suspicion to the jeweler on what was really happening. Instead she skillfully kept his attention, asking questions and buttering him up with compliments.

With the stolen good in his mouth, Miles swiftly padded down the dark alley he and his sister called home. It took several minuets for Lyxa to come back, but it was all part of the plan. By the time she came back, Miles had already turned back to human.

~~~~~~~~~
(Sorry for the late reply! Been very busy! ^^")
@floweylynx @thebrokenvibe @emeraldstar

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 13 April 2017 at 7:37 PM

@flowerlynx @pitch1226 @emeraldstar

Alyss paused on her rounds as she caught the thick scent of honey and treacle wafting from an alley. She watched as a dog bounded in, shortly after followed by a girl.

The longer she lingered the more pieces she put together. Werebeasts then. she decided. Let's just hope he doesn't get caught. It would be a nasty affair all around. she decided, as she debated whether or not to confront them. After a moment longer she turned and slowly proceeded with her rounds. Keeping an eye on the alley as she did so.

Gender Fluid
2,221 posts

pitch1226 • 14 April 2017 at 8:27 AM

Miles shifted back to human, after placing the necklace on the ground. He picked it up and smiled as his half sister came down the alley. Lyxa had a worried look on her face, more maybe it was an aggravated. He couldn't tell. Ducking under a dirty tarp that was held up by several boxes in the shape of a make shift fort, he dragged out a box.

"Hey, what's wrong, Sis?" Miles asked, putting the necklace in the wooden box that had several other stolen items. Closing the lid, he sat on top of it and patted next to him for Lyxa to sit down. She sat down with a thump and grumbled, "There was a lady. She seemed to know something. Not sure if she saw you take the necklace or... You need to be more careful."

He was quiet for a moment, not sure what to say. Finally a gentle smile came across his face. "Don't worry about it. You're just being paranoid! I'm sure it was nothing."

"I'm just saying you need to be more careful. It won't be my fault when you get killed," she snapped. Silence surrounded them once more. The older boy stood up and motioned for Lyxa to do the same. Once she was up as well, he pushed it back into their "home" and nodded toward the entry of the alley way.

"Look, I'll be more careful, ok? Let's go out there and find some mud for me to roll in. Then we'll lay low for a while and focus on just selling the goods." Miles shifted into a dog again and trotted toward the entry. "Then you can show me who you're so paranoid about."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour, Quin had finally finished the skirt. She neatly laid it out, careful not to wrinkle it. Much to her surprise, she had finished early and the owner of the skirt wouldn't be there to pick it up for another forty minuets or so.

Quin opened a drawer which contained a small bottle of perfume. By now it was more than half way gone. She needed to plan that into her budget to purchase a new bottle. Taking the top off, she pressed the small red ball and the perfume sprayed her. After a few spritz, she carried an aroma of waterlilies and stepped out of the shop. Quin carried her umbrella above her to protect her from the light rain, but also in case the sun came back out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@thebrokenvibe @flowerlynx @emeraldstar

Female
82 posts

oceanswhisper • 15 April 2017 at 10:24 PM

@thebrokenvibe
Could you add my name onto the character list?

@flowerlynx
@emeraldstar
@pitch1226
-
Venus sighed. "Well... it looks like I'm out of items to trade. Looks like I might have to steal some stuff today..." she mumbled quietly to herself, eyeing a small stand on the end of her street. She confidently strode up to the stand, eyeing the man and table cautiously.

"Hello there, fine sir," Venus began, bowing. "Yes, yes, what do you want?" The old man—and a cranky one, too—snapped.

"Well, I'm looking for a beautiful gem of the highest quality, as a gift for my husband."

The man instantly perked as a chance to make some business. "Well, here we have this little guy, made out of pure silver, and carefully crafted by yours truly—" he gestured to some rings with an intricate design. "Oh, and here are some beautiful golden necklaces," he said, picking one up and examining it.

Venus quickly grabbed a necklace while the man was distracted, shoving it into her back pocket.

"Well," Venus said, examining a rather ugly one, she thought, "I might take this one. I'll be back, to see if I have anything good to trade.

The old man's smile turned quickly into a scowl. "WELL IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE ITEMS, THEN DON'T COME HERE, YOU LITTLE BRAT!" Venus hurriedly left, and re-entered her alleyway, carefully placing the stolen loot into a special box she had stolen specifically for her items. "That'all be enough to afford me food for a couple days..."