[Bird] First creature suggestion: Au(w)ren!

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Thoughts?

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 19 May 2017 at 9:36 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first suggestion! Hope you all enjoy!

I based this suggestion on a species called the Carolina Wren! The inspiration comes from the mama wren who decided to build her nest on our back porch this year. I've been watching over the nest when mama bird is away to find bugs for her babies. (We've had a few little guys who think they have their feathers already. They're pretty impatient to leave the nest.)

Auren/Auwren (Unsure which name to go with, or if I should scrap it and think of something else.)
(Au = Gold + Wren)

Egg : The egg of the Auren is based on the structure of the Carolina Wren's nests. They use various straws, grasses, and other soft materials to form a cup shape with an entrance on the side. I thought the unique shape of the nest fit the egg shape perfectly.

Stage 1 : After hatching, baby birds aren't too cute. Featherless with large heads and bulging eye sockets. Any sign of life nearing the nest will make them shoot their ugly little heads straight up with their beak open, hoping for a tasty bug. I added a bit of fuzz to the suggestion so it wasn't completely naked, and a few wing feathers which start growing in a few days after hatching.

Stage 2 : Fledglings! Once they grow feathers they begin leaving the nest to hop around and try out their wings! I wanted to try to mimic the fluffy ruffled feathers they have and capture their energy with a more active pose.

Stage 3 : Nothing much to say about the adult stage. Smooth feathers, and more mature eyes and pose. Colored version will have bright golden, orange, and brown feathers.

Sketch : http://orig00.deviantart.net/7ca6/f/2017/139/e/1/eggcave_bird_suggestion___sketch_ver___by_nym_bra-db9rpak.jpg

Colored : w.i.p. (Will be various shades of gold, orange, and brown. Pink and featherless 1st stage)

Description : w.i.p. (If anyone wants to help out here, feel free! 😊)

#Creaturesuggestion !

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 5:48 AM

@raccoon it's nice!

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 20 May 2017 at 2:38 PM

@chicachicken

Thank you! :]

Female
21 posts

calicowanderer • 20 May 2017 at 2:44 PM

@racoon It's sooo cute!

Deleted • 20 May 2017 at 2:48 PM

@raccoon your welcome 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 20 May 2017 at 2:51 PM

@calicowanderer

Thank you! :]

343 posts

solnyshko • 23 May 2017 at 10:21 AM

@raccoon
omg bub!!!! huhuh it's so cute hng ;;v;; i personally love the 2nd stage the most! if this gets made, i'd def freeze the baby in that stage huhu ❤️

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 23 May 2017 at 3:20 PM

@carnesiel

ahhhh thank you!!! ;w; i like second stage most too lol. its not as 'fantasy' as some of the other suggestions but i had fun drawing it ya know???