Please help me name my Cosmomon!

in General

Which name? (PLEASE READ TOPIC BEFORE VOTING)

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 21 May 2017 at 5:15 PM

I got a Cosmomon today, though I'm not sure what to name him since I have five good names. ^^; I'm not posting the names here since some of them are on my secret side, but here are some indicators of the different names and pros and cons of choosing them:

Name 1: This word somewhat relates to my feelings towards a significant occurrence that happened to me today. Something I've been waiting to happen for about seven years. And while the name doesn't have much to do with Cosmomons in and of itself, it sounds similar to a word which does. It's also very pretty.

Pros: significant to today, pretty, sounds similar to a word relating to Cosmomons
Cons: doesn't actually relate to Cosmomons, could be saved to be used for a future event of significance resulting in similar feelings

Name 2: This word suits Cosmomons very well. So well, in fact, that I don't know whether Egg Cave will ever release a creature this word could go with more than a Cosmomon. But out of all five names, it's the least pretty sounding in my opinion.

Pros: suits Cosmomons VERY well, probably would be better on a Cosmomon than any creature released on Egg Cave or any creature Egg Cave will release in the future
Cons: not a word I particularly like in and of itself since it doesn't sound melodious

Names 3-5: These words suit Cosmiathans, though perhaps not as much as Name 2. But I like them better as words. Name 3 is an occupation/career, Name 4 is very pretty (though not as much as Name 1 in my opinion ), and Name 5 sounds cool and somewhat ominous. But unlike Name 2, it's possible Egg Cave will release future creatures which these names could suit well.

Pros: suit Cosmomons, sound good
Cons: could also go well with future creatures, not as relevant overall as Name 1 (in terms of today's events) or Name 2 (in terms of whether it could be used effectively in the future)

When voting, 3-5 are listed in one category for the first number because I'd have a similar rationale for choosing them. They are listed separately for the second number so I can have the votes for them in case that line of reasoning is the one I go with.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 22 May 2017 at 12:15 AM

Name 2 I guess.

Deleted • 25 May 2017 at 10:16 PM

I'd go with name two personally, though name four sounds nice