Horrible Life

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,379 posts

sakura-ironoyume • 28 May 2017 at 9:59 AM

Hey guys. Life has not been going well for me at all. I really need some comfort. My parents are overseas right now and so is my brother. My sister is in but doesnt give a crap about me.

1. My grandfather died last week
2 [Biggest factor] I have been cheated of 80$.
3. In school a group of schoolmates ganged up on me
4. I fell down and badly scraped my knee.

I am sorry, but yeah. Please help me, I am very sad

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 29 May 2017 at 6:32 PM

@sakura-ironoyume

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels about loosing someone close to you ~ my own grandfather died almost a year ago in passive suicide. Siblings can be jerks, but they really do love you. Sometimes they just don't know how to express that feeling. School drama is a huge part of life ~ and it does suck. One of my best friends is trans and we've been getting a lot of hate because of who he is, just for being around him. Just power through -- Soon they'll realize how strong you are and how weak of a move it is to gang up on someone. Money, on the other hand, is just some paper that only has value because we think it does. What goes around comes around -- Something as horrible as being cheated out of 80 dollars might happen to the person who cheated you out of them, and something as great as winning the lottery might happen to you. I know money is a super important thing in this day and age, but you'll earn it all back. And gurl, scraping your knee is a painful experience, but it will heal and go away, just like these problems and feelings. Falling down means you have the opportunity to get back up and try again.

Female
2,379 posts

sakura-ironoyume • 30 May 2017 at 12:21 AM

@teddy267

Thank you. I appreciate your assurance, you are a very nice person^. ^

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 June 2017 at 1:26 AM

@sakura-ironoyume

I'm really sorry about your grandfather. One of my grandfathers died before was born, and the other passed away recently, but, regrettably, I never had the chance to meet him. I've never lost anyone I'm close to, but I empathize with you. I don't think I will be able to control my emotions when it does happen to me.

I have a small "business" in this game where I sell virtual items for money. A bad transaction can cause you to lose hundreds of bucks (like, real USD). I also had a short-lived gambling addiction on those virtual items and lost a total of $200 there. I've also foolishly entrusted $400 worth of items to a stranger on the internet, and I've only known him for 2 years. He says he'll eventually work off all the debt he owes me and some other peeps, but I seriously doubt it now that it's been over half a year.
So yeah, I'm not saying 80 bucks is not a lot of money (it IS quite a bit of money), but if you look at the big picture (sorry for sounding cliche), if you get a decent education and land a solid job, that loss can be made up in a matter of a couple hours. Whenever I lose a large sum of money, I just think about that.

Just like teddy said, you sister actually does care about ya. Siblings are like that, they act super annoyed and act like they don't care, but they really do.

You've probably already heard this before, but just try to ignore bullies. I've got an anecdote from when I was in elementary school. I'm a really reactive person; I have strong feelings about everything and tend to overreact a lot. Some people liked to toy with me by pushing me past my limit, and I would explode. I quickly learned to laugh them off or simply ignore them and hold in my erratic temperament. It seemed to do the trick. So yeah, just try to laugh off their remarks, because you know they aren't true. I don't think they'd dare try anything to physically harm you, but if they do, tell someone; if not an adult, tell a friend.

I've been through a few short periods of depression, and I've learned that you just have to believe that everything's gonna get better eventually. There are many people like you who are also sad, more people than you think. Everyone's got a similar story. All the happy people in the world have been depressed at some point, and if they could make it through, so can you.

btw, https://youtu.be/v2H4l9RpkwM is a really good song I listen to when I'm feeling down. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's got some deep lyrics.