Absurd Powers Committee {Sign-Ups}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 June 2017 at 2:35 AM

Intro

The Absurd Powers Committee, APC for short, is a group created for people who have been given abilities of an unconventional method. Those involved don't have superspeed or mind-reading. These people have powers Cathay can only be explained as, well, absurd. These people can summon hoards of beetles, eat their way out of any situation. Or just scream, a lot.

It was for these powers the APC was created. To help house most of them, to give them a way to channel their powers. Of course not every powered being is part of the APC, and that's why the APC exists.

Rules

- No god-modding, sues or powerplaying.
- As per the universe, I'm not gonna allow the really cool and/or generic powers. That defeats the entire purpose of the RP.
- You can make characters who aren't powered if you want.
- Only because the powers have to be unconventional I'm gonna say you don't need weaknesses. Only because of the strain of powers.
- Make at least two sentence posts and keep things literate. I don't want to have a struggle reading posts.
- Don't be rude to others and be civil with others.
- You can't kill others. But you can fight others. Don't make it too serious.
- If you do fight another, give them reaction time. I cannot stress this enough. If you fight someone give the other character ample reaction time.
- Don't leave others out. Especially when they are in the middle of an interaction with your characters.
- For the sake of the RP I'm going to ask that characters remain above the age of 16.
- The only way I'll allow multiple powers is if they're all the same subset of one very specific umbrella ability.
- Keep genders even. I'll stop accepting if the ratio gets too weighted.
- If you've read the rules please put a theme song or a song that relates to your character in other.
- Civilians cannot have powers. I apologize, but that's what makes the civilians.
- Follow the Forum Rules
- The above rule also means don't do romance and don't take violence overboard.
- If you understand and agree to the rules give me a fun fact about your character in code.

Form

Name:

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only):

Pronouns:

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian):

Looks:

Outfit(s):

Power(s):

Personality:

Code:

Other:

My Form

I'll post my remaining forms later.

Name: Kade Collins

Alternate ID: Sight-Seer

Pronouns: He/Him

Class: Hero

Looks: Kade is about five seven, with messy brown hair. He has hazel eyes and a relatively tan complexion.

Outfit(s): Regularly Made wears a dark green shirt, black pants and a leather jacket.

As his APC outfit he wears a black Kevlar shirt, underneath a black jacket, with black pants and shoes.

Power(s): Kade can see the outcomes of every situation. Basically future vision but dealing with every single thing that can happen and/or have happened.

Personality: Kade is relatively sassy, he has a bit if an attitude. Kade tends to do things to meet his own means, and will do things to help others. He is very guarded.

Code: Kade is the first in his family to have shown any form of powers outside of cousins thrice removed.

Other: Teal Hunter

Edit: I'm not happy with Kade and his powers. So I've changed them. Especially since after doing a bit more research a lot of people who didn't show up in initial searching shared an excessive amount of his power.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 June 2017 at 3:06 AM

@thebrokenvibe So this is kinda like a superpower roleplay of some sorts? Sounds interesting, but I want to know what are the really cool and generic powers are, because I don't want to make a character and they then have a generic power because I didn't know.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 June 2017 at 3:09 AM

@nightmaremoon12 Generic powers are the stereotypical powers from modern superheroes. So things like superspeed, telekinesis, fire manipulation and the stuff you'd usually see in a superhero movie, show, comic, book etc.

Female
266 posts

starlight123 • 16 June 2017 at 3:22 AM

(@thebrokenvibe What do you mean by Alternate ID and Code?)
Name: Luna ???

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only):

Pronouns:She/Her

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian): Hero

Looks: She has black hair and blue eyes.

Outfit(s): Black hoodie with a turquoise stripe on the side.

Power(s): She can pause time.

Personality: She’s kinda quiet most of the time, but is really outgoing if you get to know her.

Code:

Other: Her parents died, leaving her an orphan when she was young (2 years old). She doesn’t know what her real name is, and neither does her foster mother. She said that Starlight appeared at her doorstep one night and she took her in.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 June 2017 at 3:38 AM

@starlight123 the Code was covered in the rules. And the power to pause time is actually one of the more common powers. Alternate ID is basically their code name, like Flash for Barry Allen, or Iron Man for Tony Stark.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 16 June 2017 at 4:49 AM

@thebrokenvibe this is gonna be fun.

Name: Marie Lesa

Alternate ID: Fall

Pronouns: She/Her

Looks: Marie has short brown hair in a pixie cut style, and dark cerulean eyes. She is 5"02 in height, and has a regular build.

Outfit(s): In her regular civilian outfit, Marie wears a cat headband on her head. She is usually seen with a black tank top and a jacket of a solid color (she changes the jacket every day). Marie wears dark blue shorts and gray leggings and black shoes.

In her APC outfit, well, it's based on whether or not she has cat-like reflexes or not, but I'll edit that if it's okay on your end.

Power(s): She unconsciously acts like a cat sometimes, and suddenly gives her feline reflexes. Because of this, she is able to fall off high places with minimal damage, and claw her way out of things.

Personality: Marie is a person who enjoys getting into danger. She often brings her brother Max into the fray, which just causes even more trouble. If trouble is ahead, Marie goes out of her way to ambush the enemies in the sky, and fall on them. She doesn't consider life "fun" unless she falls off high places multiple times to get everywhere.

Code: Marie, in social media, has been dubbed "The Freefaller" by many due to her ability.

Other: Gorillaz - Left Hand Suzuki Method
~
Name: Max Lesa

Alternate ID: Fill

Looks: He has a similar look to Marie, but his hair is shorter and he is masculine in appearance.

Outfit(s): In Max's civilian form, he wears a long-sleeved shirt and often times a sleeveless jacket that compliments the colors of the shirt he wears. He also has blue jeans.

I'll post his APC outfit later along with Marie's.

Power(s): Causing the ground to go up insanely high places. Basically create cliffs. It's like controlling the ground but the only thing that Max can do is create temporary cliffs that will go back to their normal height. It doesn't really work that much indoors.

Personality: Max, unlike Marie, is cautious, clumsy, and is very caring of anyone around him. He unwillingly follows his sister so she could be happy, but enjoys the fact that Marie is having fun. As for Max, he is observant of the environment, making sure that everybody is safe from harm. Being a hero, he tries to do what is right.

Code: He tried to do Marie's action of safely falling off of high places. Max was never doing that again...

Other: Homestuck - Solar Voyage

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 June 2017 at 5:23 AM

@nightmaremoon12 well safely falling from heights would come with cat-like reflexes as cats can fall safely from heights. So it's up to you fully.

Deleted • 16 June 2017 at 9:36 AM

@thebrokenvibe
Name: Lara Marwell
Alternate ID: Aral
Pronouns: Her/she
Looks: short, blond curly hair, grey eyes
Outfit: Grey shirt with a moth on the back, blue skirt
Power: Speaks words backwards (Can I have an apple?=?elppa na evah I naC)
Personality: Doesn't really speak unless spoken to because people insult her so she's quiet. Once you crack her (and her secret code/language) she can be quiet talkative.
Code: Has an ant farm. Nobody would dare touch an ant.
Other: Believers-American Authors

(There are a lot of heroes so I can be a villain for the class if the heroes just pile up)

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 17 June 2017 at 10:07 PM

@thebrokenvibe Alright. Cat powers it is. I can only name two big-name heroes with cat powers, so I guess it isn't that popular.

As for Fill and Fall's APC appearance, that will come later. I want to draw it, actually, but I want to do that later so I won't stall the RP when it starts.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 18 June 2017 at 3:45 AM

@nightmaremoon12 Alright.

@buttons_88 Accepted.

Another form of mine,

Name: Magnus Fade

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only): Felis

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian): Villain

Looks: Magnus has messy black hair, sharp green eyes. He stands at around six foot four, but tends to slouch.

Outfit(s): Magnus usually wears a simple shirt with jeans and boots. Occasionally he adds a jacket.

His suit is an average suit and tie patterned very much like a dilute tortise shell.

Power(s): He can herd cats

Personality: Magnus is very snappish, he's very calculating and watchful. He's quiet and observant and tends to be very serious.

Code: Magnus has a pet snake he values above everything.

Other: The Carnival - Homestuck

Deleted • 23 June 2017 at 10:23 PM

@thebrokenvibe

I am sorry to ask, but do we need a song? I only know like 3 songs, and they're all Japanese. I don't even now what they're called!

Female
36 posts

little_moose • 24 June 2017 at 3:33 AM

@thebrokenvibe
Name: Jean
Alternate ID: Maggie
Pronouns: Her/she
Class: Villain
Looks: Jean has black hair and brown eyes.
Outfit: She wears jeans, glasses with no lens, a shirt with a magpie feather on it.
Power: Can turn into a magpie.
Personality: Jean doesn't have any friends probably because her power is considered "lame". Jean loves riddles and she's constantly on the hunt for love.
Code: Jean is allergic to pie, cheese and lemons. She also collects green things.
Other: Strange Birds - Birdy

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 25 June 2017 at 8:32 PM

@togepi360 If you can't think of a song its fine, especially since you asked first.

@little_moose Accepted.

Deleted • 25 June 2017 at 9:25 PM

@thebrokenvibe

😊 I don't normally do role-plays which force people do use a song.
I might make another if this is accepted.

Name: Z

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only): Cell

Pronouns: He, him

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian): Hero

Looks: He has messy green hair and light skin. He is often seen with a tail.

Outfit(s): He wears a brown hoodie and jeans. His shoes are green sneakers and he often wears a baseball cap.

In his APC outfit he wears a black hoodie with dark brown jeans. His shoes are black sneakers. This is the time he doesn't wear his cap.

Power(s): He can make parts of him disappear until he turns into a snake.
(Well, you can say this is obsurd.)

Personality: He is rather downcast at first, but if he trusts you, he's be really nice. He dislikes water.

Code: He has a pet bird. I mean, a bird.

Other: Can't think of a song.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 25 June 2017 at 9:41 PM

@thebrokenvibe can i join? i don't usually do RPs, but this one seems cool.

Name: Jasper

Alternate ID: Squid-Dude

Pronouns: He, him

Class: Neutral

Outfit: Dark denim jeans, darkish red t-shirt. Wood sunglasses [i mean, actual wood with lenses]. Messy black hair and gray-blue eyes.

Power: Can turn his arms into octopus tentacles.

Personality: Outgoing, careless, confident in himself. Passionate to others if he's friends with them.

Code: He has a deathly fear of termites.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 26 June 2017 at 4:49 PM

@thebrokenvibe this is seems fancy c:

Name: Denor (Nor for short)

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only): none : D

Pronouns: he/him, they/them

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian): Civilian o3o

Looks: He has neat dark brown hair and blue-ish green eyes.

Outfit(s): He wears a dark gray hoodie with yellow t-shirt underneath, white jeans, and a pair of brown Nike shoes.

Power(s): none : D

Personality: Not a person for drama. Nor is a down-to-earth person, rarely joking, though he could be.He hardly beats around the bush and gets straight to the point in conversations.

Code: he loves ducks.

Other: Sound of Silence

*cough* I guess I'll be the forever alone civilian ;w;

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 26 June 2017 at 6:58 PM

@ammolite Accepted.
@togepi360 Accepted
@jellifysh The code is stated in the rules, and your form is missing the entirety of the other section. Please fix it.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 26 June 2017 at 7:43 PM

@thebrokenvibe i am not sure what you mean by code and alternate ID. can you please help?

Deleted • 26 June 2017 at 9:13 PM

@jellifysh

The code is a fun fact about your character.
The Alternate ID is their superhero/villan name.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 26 June 2017 at 9:41 PM

@togepi360 Updated my entry!

Deleted • 28 June 2017 at 12:26 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Right when I was gonna click save for my next one, my laptop just went and took that tab out ☹️
Oh, and the song I chose is the theme song of an anime. I don't think you know it.

Name: Spirit

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only): Shadow

Pronouns: She/her

Class(Hero, Villain, Neutral, Civilian): Hero?

Looks: She has brown hair and palish skin. Strangely, she has no shadow.

Outfit(s): She wears a dark grey hoodie and shorts. She wears sneakers too and is never seen in anything fancy.

In her APC outfit she has a darker gray hoodie and long blackish jeans. She also wears a strange black necklace with a white jewel on it.

Power(s): She can transform into someone's shadow and haunt it.

Personality: She has a dark aura around her. She doesn't make friends very often, but she is actually quite nice. She doesn't like needing help, but she does have that shadow power.

Code: She doesn't like cute things.

Other: Papermoon - Soul Eater

Male
284 posts

zx-metalmonster • 28 June 2017 at 8:41 PM

@thebrokenvibe I'd like to join in. Also hope the form is filled out right.

Name: Orson Miles
*It's unclear what is his name and what is his surname. He occasionally signs his full name in reverse order and when asked about this he only shrugs. He also goes by Orr and Milo.

Alternate ID(Hero/Villain/Neutral Only): Ursa

Pronouns: He/him

Looks: Orson is a stocky young man, broad shouldered and strong but short for his age and somewhat over weight. He has warm beige skin that tans at the slightest hint of sunlight and short brown hair. His features are soft, jawline round, dark eyes benevolent and often distant, unobservant.

Outfit(s): Normally Miles' outfit consists of light jeans held in place by a plain belt, a t-shirt and combat boots. When the weather allows it, he is also likely to wear a dark, fur lined leather jacket.

Power(s): He needs far less food, water and oxygen than any human and can function properly with barely any sleep. If necessary, he can also enter a state similar to hibernation.

Personality: Miles is a young man oddly fond of monotony. Though able to fend for himself, he is conflicted when having to fight and would rather avoid that kind of ordeal altogether. When all is in order and calm he tends to be laid back and rather passive, hardly ever becoming upset and in stead allowing anything that could phase him to slip by.
He is kind and tender by nature but these values are buried in the behaviors he's been taught, causing him to seem distant at times. Still it is enough to be around him for an extended time to get a grasp of his true demeanor.
Though he has no trouble expressing himself verbally, he has a preference for communicating emotion through touch, be it a hug to show his liking of someone or a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

Code: Despite his power he has a tendency to sleep in and overeat. He is also a competent cook and doesn't mind taking care of chores no mater where and who he lives with.

Other: Afraid to Shoot Strangers