Username changing idea

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
442 posts

vibrancy • 5 July 2017 at 5:34 PM

Well, here I go. I truthfully loathe my username, it's so uncreative, and lacks imagination. I'd give a lot to change it.

So, what I'm proposing is a way to change your username (obviously) and it involves cavecash. Now, I know some people may think this is a horrible idea immediately, as some sites allow people change their username all they want, and sometimes it gets really confusing trying to remember who's who and all that.

But wait! Don't stop reading yet. My suggestion is that it be limited to only one time. That's it. You can change your username once if you desire and then never again. Ever. That way we wouldn't have people changing their users every other day or such. So, here's how it would go. I'm thinking it should cost anywhere from 200-500 cc? In the cash shop there would be an icon (I was thinking maybe something that resembled a legal document or an envelope) and once clicked you can "change your identity". Or something that, idk....perhaps it could involve the town hall in some way, since that kinda has no purpose now that V.3 has come?

And for 6 months after the change (or longer) if somebody pinged them by their old user, they would still get a notification. And if somebody search for their old user, a pop-up or something would say "this person recently changed their username from cookiesareyummy to regalelegance. Is this who you're looking for?" Just an example. Same thing would happen if somebody typed their profile webpage into their browser address bar.

If you use it, it disappears from the cash shop immediately following use.

I welcome all opinions on this, so please! Post away and let me know what ya think. 😉

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 5 July 2017 at 7:41 PM

I love it, only that some people probably hate their username and don't have CC. So maybe they can get it by doing blah blah blah, and then poof, it's over.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 5 July 2017 at 7:52 PM

@birdlover64

I support this, especially since you proposed it as a 1 time thing. (Games with unlimited username changes are very confusing/disorienting to me.)

Maybe have it be something affordable to all users, say... 100cc? Thats 1mil ec and if someone wanted to change their username that badly it wouldn't be too hard.

Also love the idea of having it in the town hall. I miss seeing that grumpy Aerlo.