Creature Suggestion - The Vareign (Ye Olde Royale Feline)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
88 posts

caylith • 27 July 2017 at 4:42 AM

Creature name: Vareign (Read: Va -[like "VA-nguard"]-Reign)
Name genesis: Original "Waregin" is the name of a demonic black cat, comming straight for the slavic mythology. But as my creature is neither dark nor demonic and probably has just one thing common to demon-cat - the name was changed a bit. Also the ending part of the name - "Reign" - is matched with the cats love to jewels. Crown jewels, to say frankly😊

Graphics: I'm not much of a painter, but I can pencil sketch a bit, and here is my idea for 3 stages:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/44/dc/fb/44dcfb87dd3a82f96e9b4fcd1d178a9a.jpg
Stage I: The egg
Stage II: Youngling, freshly hatched, curious and cute beyond imagine
Stage III: An adult, ready to be crowned as a cat-king of every-place-he-owns😊

I though a bit about 4 stage: A Vareign caught between stage II and III, playing with a crown, lying on a back with all of the paws straight up and goofy face, but after a few trials I was not able to paint it correctly. If you decide this stage is needed, I will be happy beyond imagine if you add it.

Colouring: It all depends on the stage, but there is the element, common to all stages: hue. Each Vareign has one type of pelt colouring, but in differend hues: starting from the lighest shade on the head, and the darkest on the paws, and the colours go from one into the next flawlessly, like in the rainbow. So:
Stage I: The egg - let's make it pearly like, with a delikately, velvety surface. Like smooth fur in the shades of powder pink, or pastel purple, or pastel blue, lightest colour on the top, darkest at the bottom. The crown at the other hand: shiny, simple colours, I though gold with rubys, saphires, any other jewels that could best match to the chosen colour of the egg.
Stage II: The younglin - how about flirty, happy shade pallet of reds or browns, or other natural cat colours?
Stage III: The adult should be at least partially serious, with all the crowning, so it should have serious shades of serious, adult colour. Mighty, midnight blue, serious green, even king's scarlett. Again, lightest shade of the colour on the head (so the face was visible) and darkest, the paws.

Eyes colouring: Gold! For every hatched stage.

About the Vareign:
The Vareigns are not the lions, but definetely some sort of the kings of the jungle. Or a household. Less hairy, smaller and much more snicky then a bigger cousins. They love the jewels, all things shiny, and their favourite place for a nest is a small cave or a pile of gold and jewels. Even a chest, filled with richnes, where they can stretch, sleep and lye, watching their dominion with a careful eye.

The eggs - make it 3 - are to be found in a piles of gold and jewels. Their shards are hard to break and so nice in touch, so decorative looking with the little crown on a top, that 90% of Vareigns is born just in their time in the treasure cabinets or the treasuries of amazed owners and almost instantly after stretching and the first "meow" it begins to play with their crowns and meet the world full of treasures. As younglins they are playful, and cute although almost since the beginning of their lifes they start to build their own cove out of every shiny, pretty thing they found. Stealing it "for a vareigner good" is their way of life.

Adult form: Not bigger from a regular cat, but still, although grown up, gathers the treasures, hiding it in a secret places, plays with a richness and nominally is the king of a castle (whether its owner wants it or not). With all its thievery and aristocratic manners, Vareign still have cats nature. They like to be petted, they purr melodically and ocassionaly gift their "slaves-owners" with a gift to show its appreciation. But not with a dead mouse or headless bird. With a jewel from its own collection.

#creaturesuggestion

Deleted • 28 July 2017 at 12:41 AM

@caylith I love this! I would love to get this as a new creature! 😊

Female
88 posts

caylith • 28 July 2017 at 4:09 AM

@hxhx2006 Thanks;) Could you ping some people that also could give their opinion? I don't seem to know much users here, but some attention would be nice;)

Deleted • 28 July 2017 at 4:46 AM

@caylith sure!
@abubblegum
@xxbritxx24
@jellifysh
@monsteraz
@rbubblegum
@appleblizzard
SORRY GUYS!

Deleted • 28 July 2017 at 5:14 AM

@caylith

I absolutely love your creature suggestion. It would be great to have it as a creature, and it looks like you put a lot of effort into this! Also, I think stage 4 would look great!

Female
88 posts

caylith • 28 July 2017 at 5:31 AM

@rbubblegum
Thank you! I know, right? I see exactly how the missing stage should look like, bo I just can't draw it. Everytime the cat looks like a fox or a ferret, or dead😃

Gender Fluid
2,100 posts

appleblizzard • 31 July 2017 at 2:01 AM

@caylith I love your creature suggestion! ❤️ ^-^

4 posts

kingcarrotstorage • 3 August 2017 at 1:59 AM

@caylith your creature is awesome I'll tell others
:-)

Female
88 posts

caylith • 3 August 2017 at 11:48 AM

@appleblizzard @kingcarrotstorage thanks;)

Female
254 posts

monsteraz • 5 August 2017 at 1:32 PM

@caylith Love it, everyone is so awsome, @hxhx2006 the pings are okay, if you did'nt ping me, i wouldn't have seen this amazing Suggestion.

Female
48 posts

cherrycheshire • 7 August 2017 at 3:39 AM

looks awesome. i would love to hv one!

Female
88 posts

caylith • 18 December 2017 at 3:52 AM

Up!
Just wanted to make it visible again. It is such a lovely kitten... why not give him a chance again;)

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 18 December 2017 at 12:08 PM

@caylith how did I not see this before? Great idea! Give the last stage a staff maybe?XD

Female
88 posts

caylith • 18 December 2017 at 5:09 PM

@wigglytuff

Ummm... I created this one like 4 months ago? It just got lost somewhere within all the other posts😊 Yeah, since I still have some problems with drawing the fourth stage as I wish, it might be a splendid idea. And an actual artist could draw it easily😊

Female
62 posts

dance • 24 January 2018 at 3:36 AM

@caylith I do hope it gets made... It's been a while, after seeing when this was made but maybe we can bring it back to be made soon?

Female
88 posts

caylith • 24 January 2018 at 3:54 AM

@dance

I have no idea what makes the mods interested with the project enough to get it made after so much time from the posting suggestion... I sure wish to see it as a pet. There were no cat-like creature for a long time now.
So if anyone decision-making can hear me, please let the Vareign alive😊