Down to Earth (RP Thread)

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 11 September 2017 at 1:47 AM

@thebrokenvibe @alastrine @theelevatorcat @stagfire

A tiny town within the vast wilderness known as the Bundok Valley is a place in which reality could be called a "bit distorted." The place itself is serene with a variety of wildlife living in there, and the entire town is mountainous in nature, untouched by civilization.
What sets it off from other parts of the world is the residents living here. Anyone who stumbles upon the place claims that the town is filled with creatures - non humans, to be exact. Nobody knows what caused them to exist, but one thing for sure is that they are real.
Bundok Valley is a pleasant town set in the modern world, but the townsfolk prefer old-time ideals, especially the creatures who have been living for a long time. As such, the buildings are relatively aged, and this may be because of the town's disassociation with the outside. The valley becomes a significantly different place during the night hours...

~

Snowy had woken up from a small recovery nap. She had always slept in Serin's fridge since she came to be. It was cold enough for her to survive.
Kicking the door, she got herself out of the mess and a bunch of ice cubes fell on the floor. Serin was still asleep and she didn't want her to slip... Yet. Swirling her hands around the ice, she carefully placed them back to the fridge, and closing the door. Nothing happened, Snowy thought to herself.

While Serin is still asleep, Snowy decided to use that time to...
"Hey Sers! Wake up!" She rushed into Serin's room as loud as she could. "I don't want you to sleep in!"

Serin groaned in bed as she hid her head under a pillow. "Doesn't mean I'm unaging doesn't mean I'm not above sleeping..." She said, muffled by the thick layers of pillows.
"Don't you have anything else to do...?"

"Um," Serin sighed, "it's five in the morning, which means get out of bed time!"

"Twelve more hours, please..." Serin eventually drifted off to sleep upon saying that.

Snowy groaned, as she exited the house that they both lived in. It was still early in the morning, and the sun is barely in the air yet. Her first thought was to use her time to gather some fruit in her own personal garden. She does it so both of them don't need to focus on getting processed food from wherever it came from.
"I have no other choice..." She said, as she spent the time gathering the ripe fruit.

~

Once Serin had awoken from her actual sleep, she made it out of bed and got prepared for today. Snowy - er, Marina had placed a basket of various fruit on the kitchen counter, and a bunch of flowers for tea. She always did this, but she never had to. Marina always had her free will, but she always did things for Serin.
After making her tea, Serin headed outside her home and sat at a shaded area with a single chair and table for her to sit as she saw Marina harvest the remaining fruit as if she had nothing else to do.
"You know, Marina..." Serin began. "There's a fairy café in the town. I don't understand why you'd want to stay here with me."

"Ugh!" Snowy groaned. "You summoned me here. Why do you want to summon me for no reason?"

"I summoned a being made out of nature and I made her have free will." Serin responded. "You named yourself frozen harbor and yet it's nowhere near the ocean nor any harsh snow. I literally summoned you from a pond of frozen ice during the winter season."

"Your point being...?" Snowy interjected.

"Grr..." Serin grumbled. "I'm going to head into the park. Just... Do whatever." She approached her bicycle and rode off to the park.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 11 September 2017 at 5:20 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @stagfire @alastrine @theelevatorcat

Alyss walked down the street clutching her staff like her life depended on it. Her coat was pulled close around her despite not really needing it. She merely enjoyed the comfort it brought her.

She glanced around as she entered the park, grateful she lived close enough to justify walking. The park was fairly nice, and it allowed her time to not stress about recent events. Specifically the event that left her growing so stressed all the time. Something about this place helped calm her down, and Alyss was grateful for it regardless of what it was.

Female
60 posts

theelevatorcat • 11 September 2017 at 6:47 PM

@nightmaremoon12
@thebrokenvibe
@stagfire
@alastrine
Venus was sitting on a log tossing bread to some birds. The park was a nice, usually quiet place for her to relieve what was going on in her life, which was really nothing interesting at the moment. She scattered the rest of her bread among the ducks and dusted her hands.

The park was also one of Venus's favorite places to be, as she loved the calm feel of the park. She decided to practice her magic, as it still didn't want to do what she wanted it to. Venus paused, concentrating, and soon small, silver sparks erupted from her hands. Not quite there yet. But it did scare the birds away.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 11 September 2017 at 9:16 PM

@theelevatorcat @thebrokenvibe @nightmaremoon12 @alastrine

Jonathan rubbed his knees once again, the pain bringing a strange sense of comfort through his bones. He rubbed them once before standing up, hovering for a moment, then sitting down again. He spotted a girl, Alyss, he thought. Sweat started to trickle down his forehead and he wiped it, his hand wet. Jonathan hated seeing anyone from the town. They brought the sort of anxiety you never wanted to face, but sometimes you did want to. Nevertheless, it was a terrible feeling.
"Hello!" he called, closing his eyes. He didn't want to talk. Well, it was going to happen.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 12 September 2017 at 1:46 AM

Vee was in the park with their umbrella at their grasp. There were so many fun things to do in the park, but the most fun things they could do would be to look at the people who walk by.
Especially this magician looking lady with the caramel hair. She looked familiar.

~

Serin's eyes eventually locked to a person under an umbrella. Did she know them from somewhere? Shrugging it off, Serin eventually walked towards the fountain and got a coin out of her pockets. She then stared at the coin for a moment, before tossing it into the pond without any word.
After a few seconds, Serin eventually caused a part of the water to freeze into ice, and used that to form little ice people that did their own thing until they started melting from the heat.
"The sun's hotter than last week. I remember a few winters ago that these ice people's lives lasted until spring came to be..." She mumbled, before sitting at a bench nearby the fountain.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 12 September 2017 at 2:35 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe @stagfire @theelevatorcat

Sam woke with a start and slammed her head into the wood roofing of her cabin with a thwack sound. “Arh” she groaned rubbing her head, she clambered down her bunk bed ladder and quickly got dressed pauseing once to look in the mirrior. Sam gazed at her reflection and watched as her eyes shift from a hazel brown to amber and back once more, "I'm starting to get the hang of this" she said ironically posing in the mirror.

Sam went into the kitchen and snached up an apple, threw it up into the air and caught it behind her back. She smiled and took a bite before she lit the stove and put some water on the simmer. Once the water had boiled she made herself a grey tea and sculled it subsequently burning her throat, "Today is not my day" she concluded horsely as she stepped out onto her wooden veranda.

Atlas her cat was sitting haughtily on the wooden railing, Atlas was the son of Samantha's mother’s cats and was likely the reason she got her two cats spayed afterward. He was a classic brown tabby with yellow eyes and had a nack for torment as well as being a sassy fur-ball and huge inconvenience, yet Sam kept him around... he reminds her of her mother. “Good morning my liege” Sam said smiling at the cat Atlas gave a hiss of teasing, fake amusment and leapt to the ground.

Sam sat on one of the wooden steps leading down to the open cliff top she made her home, Atlas rubbed his head against her leg. Their were two great cliffaces surrounding the 50 or so squared yards of open space, one behind her that most of her house was built into and one on the left side. To the right is a sheer drop to the bottom of the vally so it stands to reason Sam doesn't lean over the ledge there, the only exit from her small grove and fields are sloping hills that are ruffly two miles long, those hill if followed bring to the rural outskirts of town.

"I'm feeling a little more in control to day, what do ya' say, wanna take a trip to town?" She asked the small tabby. When there was no responce she moved his head up and down with her hands "Good" she said smiling before shifting into her wolf form, picking Atlas up by the scruff and dashing away across the grasses and down the slopes.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 12 September 2017 at 9:32 AM

@alastrine @nightmaremoon12 @theelevatorcat @thebrokenvibe

Reed watched Sam and her cat descending the slopes. She hesitated for a moment, wondering if she should follow. A decisive gust of wind blew over her and she trekked down the hill, still a little bit away from Sam.
"Hey, Sam!" she called, wincing as another gust of wind blew over her. Reed yawned, her wings fluttering impatiently. She craned her neck, turning to glare at them.
"Just wait a few minutes, wings, I'm socializing!" she snapped, her voice quiet. Her wings seemed to chuckle in the wind, as if to say.
"With Sam? You and her don't get along! Good luck, there." Reed sniffed, walking slightly towards Sam. She glared at the direction of the wind, almost wishing she could make it go away, like the way she was with people.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 12 September 2017 at 5:47 PM

Quick question, am I the only one that picture this valley like this place from how to train your dragon:
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/rise-of-the-brave-tangled-dragons/images/3/3b/DWDG2LTD08.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140820030953

~Samantha~

Sam reached the foot of the slopes and slowed to a stop, the wind buffeted blew her pelt to her right and she stood for a moment gracefully. She let down her cat who shook out his fur and she leapt behind a large boulder. She stepped out behind the rock a moment later now as her human form walking out a red bike with a small wicker basket.
"Hey, Reed?!" She called with a ever so slight puzzlement as the two barely spoke.

Sam feels strange about shifting in front of people prefers as little people as possible to know her... position, knowledge is defiantly power when it comes to the supernatural which, she is still new to after all she was only bitten last year.

~Hunter~

"Woah" Hunter exclaimed looking at the valley though his spy-glass "I don't know what those villagers where thinking warding us away from here."
The dark brown horse Hunter had hired cheap from a stables back in civilisation whinnied and kicked up some grass with a front hoof. "Quite you" Hunter hissed "I'm soaking in the scene…" After a time Hunter had had enough gazing at cliff-faces and ginormous columns of stone. "Let's get a closer look!" he said leaping to his feet and briskly walking toward the impatient horse "I think i'll name you... hmm.. Impediment" He stated before climbing the stirrups awkwardly and commanding the horse to walk on down a narrow path leading downward.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 12 September 2017 at 8:17 PM

@alastrine @nightmaremoon12 @theelevatorcat @thebrokenvibe
Lol, XD I imagine grasses (and the house) like this >> https://i.pinimg.com/736x/99/87/70/998770d73c2a04e99560cf793415b77a--country-barns-country-life.jpg
And the hill (with a town) like this >> https://i.pinimg.com/736x/99/87/70/998770d73c2a04e99560cf793415b77a--country-barns-country-life.jpg

Reed | Female | Fae

Reed winced once more, the uncertainty balancing between them like a thin cord, ready to snap.
"Apologies, Sam, I realize we never meet...or talk," she clarified, thinking for a second."I felt a strange urge that I must talk to you," she concluded, realizing the stupidity of her reasoning to talk.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 12 September 2017 at 8:32 PM

@stagfire @nightmaremoon12 @alastrine @theelevatorcat

Alyss jumped hearing someone speaking to her. She glanced towards the speaker, smiling apologetically.

"Hello Jonathan," she said, "Sorry about getting so scared. I was lost in thought and not expecting to see anyone." Alyss explained, she was never one for starting conversation and she only hoped she wasn't making a complete fool of herself. She was just glad it was someone she knew.

~~~~~

Sebastian had taken to wandering around the town in his downtime. He was rarely out during the day due to work over night and so he relished in any a valuable time during the day he had. It wasn't exactly perfect, but he enjoyed the serenity of the town. It was vastly different from the life at night. And definitely more lively in a sense.

He paused as he noticed a few people heading towards the park although Sebastian wasn't entirely sure he wanted to head there. He preferred to keep his head a bit clearer and being that close to nature tended to cloud his thoughts. It wasn't a particularly bad thing, it was where he drew his magic from. But sometimes a clear head to properly understand a few things better was the difference between two situations.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 12 September 2017 at 8:52 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Jonathan shrugged, glancing at the fountains.
"That's alright, I'm a bit lost in thought myself," he admitted, feeling as if his thought train had derailed.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 13 September 2017 at 2:23 AM

@stagfire you sent two of the same picture x3 Also my picture of it is totally more magical and fantabulas ☆゚.*・。゚
(x3 jk jk)

~Samantha~

Sam smiled and rubbed her neck slightly awkwardly with her free hand
"Um so is this strange urge requireing anything else of you?" She said trying to ease humor into a awkward conversation.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 13 September 2017 at 2:55 AM

(Just a note that the mystics amulet is 59 years old and I keep on thinking that the amulet is what created the mythical creatures.)

(The entirety of the town is more modern, it has some large buildings packed into a tiny area, areas such as fairy cafés, grocery stores, and an outlet mall, but it still keeps its old fashioned appearance regardless. Because of its location near the north, it's mostly a season-switching area; the trees are mostly evergreens and the valley's not near an ocean or beach. There is a few lakes nearby the forest.)

Vee decided to casually walk up to Serin.
"Hey... Haven't we met before?" They asked followed by an awkward smile.

"Oh." Serin examined Vee for a moment before speaking. "You are my neighbor that lives next to my home, correct? Aren't you also the younger child of the Larca family?"

"Yes!" Vee happily responded. "You are Serin, correct? This town's favored magician!"

"I wouldn't say favored, more like known to others..." Serin replied to Vee's remark. "The supernaturals are mostly attracted to me, though. I'm not sure why."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 13 September 2017 at 8:53 PM

@alastrine Lol, oops XD

Reed gritted her teeth and walked past Sam, the grasses whipping at her legs, leaving painful red marks.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 14 September 2017 at 2:31 AM

@nightmaremoon12 @thebrokenvibe @stagfire @theelevatorcat
Samantha blinked and turned as Reed walked past her
"Reed..?" She said hesitantly after seeing the red marks

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 14 September 2017 at 4:11 AM

@nightmaremoon12 (Oh sweet lore.) @alastrine @stagfire @theelevatorcat

Alyss smiled, "Then don't let me interrupt." she said, waving Jonathan off. "Sorry to have been a bother."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 14 September 2017 at 11:26 AM

@alastrine @thebrokenvibe

"Yep?...OW!" she yelled, looking at her legs.
"What are these grasses? Switches?" she growled, shaking her legs. "Well, they are," she concluded, sighing.

-

Jonathan shook his head.
"Oh, no, it's fine," he assured her, sighing.
"Are you okay?" he asked, frowning.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 14 September 2017 at 6:02 PM

~Samantha~

"Uhhhh maybe we should get outta here" She said a hint of urgency in her voice as a blade of grass whipped her left thigh. Sam picked up the cat and threw him into the basket, grabbed Reed by the arm and started running out of the grass onto a path of cracked cement. “Ow” She stated look at the shallow lacerations in her legs but, the red wounds were already fading and closing themselves.

Female
60 posts

theelevatorcat • 14 September 2017 at 6:08 PM

@alastrine
@thebrokenvibe
@nightmaremoon12
@stagfire
Venus paused and looked around the park. There seemed to be a magician taking to someone with an umbrella? She was sure she had seen that magician somewhere, or maybe it was just deja vu. She shook her head and decided not to ask about it.

Venus started out of the park and walked rather aimlessly, until she came across two people. They seemed to be talking, and one had red lashes on their legs? She looked again, and they were gone.

Venus decided to start some small talk with them. They seemed to be a fae and a regular looking human. "Hey," she said, feeling rather stupid. "I just saw some red marks on your legs? And then they just vanished. What's up with that?"

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 14 September 2017 at 6:22 PM

~Samantha~

"Hey and ..Urr...." Samantha stalled uncertainly, "Well it's kinda a given that no one in this valley is really human, soooo let's just leave it at that" She conclued and turned to Reed, "Are you ok? those lashes look pretty nasty and I don't know a lot about faes."

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 14 September 2017 at 8:00 PM

@alastrine

Reed | Female | Fae

Reed hopped on one leg, wincing.
"I wouldn't necessarily say I-OW-know but I don't think-OW-that we're particularly accommodating to-OW-these switches," she explained, wheezing. Reed stamped her foot down and a few of the reeds around her legs stopped moving.
"Much-ow-better," she sighed, putting her hands on her hips.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 September 2017 at 5:38 AM

@stagfire

"I'm fine, just trying not to be too much of a bother for people." Alyss explained, shrugging slightly. "I worry sometimes about that kind of stuff." she added, hoping that it would provide the necessary elaboration.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 15 September 2017 at 6:42 AM

~Samantha~

Sam tapped her foot rapidly and slighty bit her lip "Is there ur anywhere in town that our new... elvish? freind and I can take you.....you're ur.. in a pretty bad way Reed" She said hypnotically watching the fae's blood slowly stream down her legs.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 15 September 2017 at 9:32 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Jonathan | Male | Human/Magician

Jonathan nodded, shrugging.
"I agree, I always I assume I'm a bother," he agreed. He looked around, frowning.
"I"m also way misplaced here," he sighed, sitting down.

Reed | Female | Fae

Reed nodded, her cheeks blossoming red with pain.
"Somewhere cold and rivery. A willow tree or mountain crop maybe?" she asked, grimacing. She sighed, exhaling.
"Can we go, like, NOW," she asked, raising her eyebrows.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 15 September 2017 at 10:19 PM

~Samantha~

Samantha nodded vigorously and glanced around sizing up her options, she seemed to be conflicted for a moment before saying “Ok get on my back and hold on, I’ll get you to the east-cliff willow grove, I think there is a water fall their two” before shifting into her lycanthrope self, Sam kneeled so Reed could climb atop her back. She glanced at Atlas as if to say “Stay put, you got it?” The cat rolled his eyes before curling up in the wicker basket of the bike that lay on the pavement.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 September 2017 at 10:24 PM

@stagfire @alastrine @nightmaremoon12 @theelevatorcat

Alyss furrowed her brow at Jonathan. "What makes you say that?" she asked, leaning on her staff as Jonathan sat down. She hadn't known Jonathan all that long, well rather she hardly knew anyone that well outside of her own small group of roommates.

Deleted • 16 September 2017 at 11:30 AM

@stagfire @alastrine @nightmaremoon12 @theelevatorcat @thebrokenvibe
Sorry it took so long to post in here.

Forest/Wizard or Mage/Male

Forest sat on a tree, relaxed. Seemed like there were people talking. A fae, and some regular looking people. He leaped down and saw Night. Uh, him again. He made some vines with magic and strangled him.

Night/Vampire/Male

Night transformed into a bat, and screeched. He flew off. Seems like people. He flew down to get a closer look.

Female
60 posts

theelevatorcat • 16 September 2017 at 1:20 PM

@alastrine
@stagfire
"Right.. I'll come along too, I guess," Venus said quietly, running by the werewolf's side.

Soon enough they had reached the area. Venus scrunched her eyebrows and generally looked concerned at the fae. "Are you alright?" she asked, wincing a bit at the wounds.

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 16 September 2017 at 3:10 PM

@alastrine @theelevatorcat

Reed | Female | Fae

Reed exhaled, glancing at the waterfall. She fell off of Sam's back, waving her off.
"I'll make it from here," she snapped, regaining some of her attitude. She hobbled toward the waterfall, the soft grasses moving with her ankles. She dipped into the water and sighed, disappearing under the surface.

@thebrokenvibe

Jonathan | Male | Human/Magician

Jonathan sighed, wondering whether he should confide in Alyss, a near acquaintance, but still a friend. He pursed his lips.
"I just feel so out of place you know? Well, there's not too many humans here and then I found out I'm a hybrid between a human and magician and then I don't know anything so everyone judges me and I'm pretty sure they all hate me and," he coughed, realizing he was ranting. "Sorry," he apologized, rubbing his hair.

Deleted • 16 September 2017 at 11:13 PM

@stagfire @alastrine @nightmaremoon12 @theelevatorcat @thebrokenvibe

Cloudy | Female | Bluebird

Cloudy chirped and sat on a prickly branch. There was a cat nearby. Cloud shuddered at the thought. She brought on a breeze, trying to get the cat to go away. To her, they were nothing but trouble. She blew some illusion and hid herself from view.