[Christmas - Creature Suggestion] the Butterboe

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
316 posts

sackname • 16 September 2017 at 10:26 PM

Picture: https://plasmapea.deviantart.com/art/Butterboe-704855689?ga_submit_new=10%3A1505614944

@nkiay did the description! They deserve credit too!

Height: 0.3 m

Habitat: Unknown

About Butterboe eggs:
There is a well loved tradition in the ark, of decorating eggs for the holiday season. This is more than likely why the Butterboe was not discovered sooner. A Butterboe egg at first glance appears to be a typical honk egg decorated with a green bow and red glitter. Upon closer inspection the glitter is actually tiny red lights dancing around the egg. The green bow is also attached to the egg, and feels warm to the touch. The bow can not be removed from the egg without harming the creature inside. Likewise, the lights are impossible to catch, and always remain on or by the egg. These eggs can be found with other decorated eggs, they actually seem to make the other eggs even more beautiful. Often in egg decorating contests, a Butterboe eggs can be found in the collection or contestants. The real question is what came first, the Butterboe or the tradition of decorating eggs.

About the Butterboe creature:
Once hatched the Butterboe is more obviously a creature and not a decorations. That is until it attaches itself to a present. The Butterboe flies through the air looking for the perfect spot to rest. Just like the eggs, the adult enhances any decorations around it. Wether it is a present, a wreath, or even it's owners head, all who see this charming little creature will be filled with holiday cheer. The rest of the year, the affect is much less. Though, they seem to always know when their owners birthday is, and never fail to make it fabulous.

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 October 2017 at 1:56 PM

I like this! It's super cute and unique, and it is following the them or creatures that are items. Love the color as well!

Female
316 posts

sackname • 3 November 2017 at 12:17 PM

@nkiay

I added the description to the top post ^^

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 4 November 2017 at 11:29 AM

@sackname

Thanks!

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 4 November 2017 at 11:35 AM

@sackname @nkiay cant really go into detail why (using a onscreen keyboard) but i really love this i wish you both good luck

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 5 November 2017 at 12:09 PM

@thedarkarcher
Aww thank you so much!