why

in Chit-Chat

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 8 October 2017 at 11:14 PM

here is a few complaints that I have for the general means of life, as well of eggcave

why
why does schoolwork have to pile up
why do you have to pay to apply for a college, even if you get rejected
why do people get famous just because they were born from a different person
why can’t I make a profitable investment when I see others selling crap for a kghsndjillion cc
why isn’t transfer lots in a tab in Shop with Auctions and Trade Lots
why do people cancel offers
why do people forget about me
why do people forget about a product being recalled that they’re PUTTING INTO SOMEONE’S BODY to help them LIVE and to not have SEIZURES
why do people not have the same reasoning as me
why can’t people reach a common agreement
why did old dead people in 300 BC invent formulas
why can’t schools understand that you have a life
why can’t my ela teacher let me read my ela assigned book during class
why do machines malfunction
why can’t I revisit a funeral 2 years after it happened
why do lawyers skimp on people
why are teachers paid less than crap
why do people not care
why can’t we get our priorities straight
why does a guy kneeling during a song distract us from north korea
why can’t I get a god dang revii
why does 5 inches of water damage over 7K$ of house in floods
why did someone invent truth tables
why is geometry harder than concrete
why

and I’m sorry if this violates any rules, I’m too lazy and agitated to check, I did put this in the chit chat section

oh and this has become a venting/ranting forum and tbh I am totally cool with it. don’t let it alter your decision to post

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 8 October 2017 at 11:36 PM

@jello

Ugh I wish I knew the answers.
Mind if I join in on the venting?

Why can't I have a normal healthy body like other people
Why do I have to be crippled with anxiety and depression
Why do people always get so defensive
Why do pets always pass away so early
Why does my art not end up like I want it
Why do people not believe me
Why do people ignore me
Why don't people listen to me
Why do people talk down to me
Why can't people accept others for the way they are
Why do I have to be allergic to every plant ever
Why are people so entitled
Why do I have to study math if I'm going into the art field
Why do people always want free things from me
Why do the chatty girls behind me in college have to be so loud and distracting
Why do family members have to be so annoying

Life is rough...

Deleted • 8 October 2017 at 11:58 PM

@jello

I want to rant but afraid it won't all fit on this page owo. I understand though completely. Also with yours @raccoon especially about the family members part.
Eh I'll add a few

Why do people say they love someone if it's false?
Why do people have to be such...such...irritating meanies (yeah...that's the word)
Why must drama even exist?
Why do people care if your wearing sweatpants on Monday and not Thursday (Like seriously!?)
Why do people pick on others for physical attributes instead of personality? (Society messed humanity up)
Why must both my aunts be lunatics!? (UGH)
Why do people try and lower others self esteem when there's is the lowest?
Why are people in general mean?
Why must my Lit teacher show up 2/5 days of the week and expect us to be Einstein's!?
Why must animals be thrown out like trash?
Why does life drain you out and then want you to get back up and do it all over again?

\(@-@)/
I love this forum. If it stays up...definitely posting more rants..

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 October 2017 at 12:02 AM

@jello
"why is geometry harder than concrete"
Wait til you get to honors precalc! I have an 87% and I'm the top 10% of the class.

@raccoon
"Why do I have to study math if I'm going into the art field"
Right? I'm going into computer science, I couldn't care less about analyzing literature and writing essays with flawless grammar.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 9 October 2017 at 12:05 AM

@srx2002 oh, not to mention this is eighth grade geometry and there are 14 people in the class. You don’t get that much one-on-one time and you can’t hide in the back.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 October 2017 at 12:11 AM

@jello Only 14? Our honors classes are packed since our school is the most competitive school in the California Bay Area, so all I remember from geometry was hiding behind my textbook and playing on my phone every day during class. Not like the teacher taught anything important.

EDIT: https://www.greatschools.org/california/fremont/94-Mission-San-Jose-High-School/
We're also known for our high suicide rate ;~;

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 9 October 2017 at 12:17 AM

@srx2002 Yeah, the reason is because our middle school allows only the pre-as 6th graders to take the test that could qualify them for algebra. Me and 14 others passed. Partially because no one in our year paid attention and partially because the seventh and eighth graders from THAT year told all the sixth graders to skip or fail the test because it’s too egregious. And I am going to be doing math 2 grades above my level for the next 5+ years of my life.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 October 2017 at 12:19 AM

@jello We did something similar but literally everyone passed. Advanced math sucks, but at least colleges like it!

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 9 October 2017 at 12:27 AM

@srx2002 yep, it’s really gonna pay off when I go to college wanting to be a history teacher. But I can’t be a history teacher because trump’s not gonna raise pay for teachers anytime soon and he’ll definitely get another term because of Texas and Iowa and Missouri and Utah and other dumb states.

Texas is the state I live in, and, contrary to popular belief, we don’t wear cowboy hats and bandanas and we don’t have dirt roads everywhere okay we kinda do but that isn’t the point I’m trying to make. But somehow the rednecks and the fat rocking chair-rockers and the teenage slobs make it to the voting booth and that’s why Trump got 73% in our state.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 9 October 2017 at 12:44 AM

@jello Don't wanna get into politics and start a full-blown debate, but yeah, the election was kinda a chaotic kerfuffle and didn't end well (which was inevitable).

Also since you mentioned that you wanted to be a history teacher, would you, by any chance, be familiar with world history? I'm forced to take that course this year and I have no clue what's going on. Got a D on my last essay test since I mixed up Constantine with Charlemagne in my essay about Rome x.x

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 October 2017 at 3:26 AM

@jello

You need to pay to apply? Wow that's stupid!

People become famous because they know someone in an industry already. Many popular singers are only there because they knew someone or someone in their family is famous/well known. This is why I enjoy Youtube, so much better talent.

I'm sure people will remember you, it'll be hard to forget about the amazing Jello who has been terrorizing Egg Cave for the last year!

People cannot reach a common agreement because both sides want to be greedy and get the most out of an agreement. You wouldn't agree to give away 5 apples if everyone else only has to give away 1 but the other people would be okay with it. This is also how some wars start, a disagreement between religion or money or a place.

The ingenious dead people of 300 BC (and older) made formulas and stuff because they wanted to learn more about their surroundings. They saw patterns in everything and tried to make sense of it all and did. There's evidence on pyramids of plans with details about how to build them at what angle. Unfortunately I cannot remember which pyramid it was or if it was an Egyptian pyramid or from elsewhere. In saying that, we can also say why did the people in the Renaissance did what they did? They wanted to and were able to.

Schools definitely know that students have a life, they are just there to prepare you for the workforce which may be better or worse depending on the desired occupation.

5 inches of water can damage so much due to a current in the water and because a lot of household things are not made to be able to survive contact with water (e.g. carpets). A current in water can kill (e.g. rips and fast moving bodies can easily sweep away people) and normally wooden areas of houses can survive rain but not flooding due to an overcoat painted over the wood. It may be different in different countries but I wouldn't think so. The overcoat, if kept in water, will erode away and the wood would be attacked.

Why does a guy kneeling during a song distract us from NK?0

Truth tables?

Geometry is harder than concrete because it exists on a 2D plane, not a 3D plane.

@raccoon
Maths is actually vital in arts. You cannot draw a building without having the correct measurements nor can you draw anything realistically. I know, it sucks but it does have its place in art.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 10 October 2017 at 4:59 AM

@jello

Why is it important for them to get what only they want and not others.
Why do they think people attack them all the time.
Why do they talk only about peace, but that rarely ever happens.
Why do they think that they're better then our country.
Why do people treat strangers better then their own family.
Why do people stay in relationships that aren't working for them.
Why do good people have bad people drawn to them.
Why do cats like to rub on your legs and shoes.
Why are the seasons mixed up where it can't make up it's mind.
Why are vampire movies so lame to watch.
Why do people believe in aliens.
Why is there snow in the summer, and it's warm and sunny during winter.
Why do people take too long using the bathroom knowing that there's a line waiting.
Why do white shoes attract so much dirt to them and easily stain.
Why do people text each other, but never talk in "voice" anymore.
Why do people abbreviate text msgs spelling words in an incorrect and wrong way to shorten the txt msg. LOL
Why do people never talk anymore they only look at their cell phones being occupied by games and text.
Why do people wear clown masks and costumes to scare others.

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 10 October 2017 at 2:46 PM

@mastergemma

I'll have to respectfully disagree that you can't draw anything realistically without math, but I didn't think of the other types of art that may use math like architecture...