[Winter Creature Suggestion] ~~~~~~~~ The Yukaih

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

The Yukaih would be a good creature for Eggcave.

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 14 October 2017 at 9:15 PM

Yukaih (ju-KhAIH)
https://imgur.com/6gdq8V3

Egg > 1st Stage 100 views
1st Stage > 2nd Stage 5000 views

Hight:
19 hands, or 1.9 meters, or 6 ft 4in at the withers(shoulder).
Weight:
3kg, or 6lb

About Yukaih Eggs:
These beautiful eggs can be found anywhere in the ark, yet adult Yukaih are never observed near the newly laid eggs. The colors on the surface of the egg are constantly moving, the egg is strangely weightless and can often be found floating just above the ground. Yukaih eggs hatch soon after they are laid.

About the Yukaih Creature:
The young, like the eggs, are found all across the ark. Though they are much harder to spot, as they are mostly translucent. It is thought to be a sort of camouflage to evade predators. As they age and become adults Yukaih turn a white grey color. Their ribbons and facial markings are similar to their eggs, constantly flowing and shifting in color. Adult Yukaih are generally only seen in the northern or southern most regions of the ark. The adults gather in the north at the winter solstice, and during the summer solstice they can be found in the south.

In the arctic regions of the ark there have always been stories of the spirits that dance in the sky , and creatures that come to watch them. It is said that during the winter solstice these creatures walk down from the sky and by doing so bring the norther lights down from the heavens. The lights in the sky are know as the northern light, or the Aurora Borealis, but in the far north they are called Yukaih.

The SAR center believes that Yukaih have some magnetic properties, just as the the Aurora Borealis are caused by the magnetospheric. This is what causes the colors on their bodies to change, it is also believed to be why they are so light. In an effort to explain how the Yukaih travel such large distances and yet are never seen outside of the arctic circle the researchers at SAR developed a hypothesis. Yukaih can actually levitate, as well as having the ability to turn their bodies completely transparent at will. However, this has yet to be proven.

#creaturesuggestion

I actually originally posted this 6 years ago. I changed the description and name though. And actually drew the second stage. 😊

Female
54 posts

skythecreator • 16 October 2017 at 8:17 AM

Ok. This is lit. CAN WE HAVE THIS PLEASE MODS?! I love this thing. You also seem to have used some actual science too, which i like a LOT. This is NOT a lazy design. It's just simple! Simple is good!

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 October 2017 at 8:25 AM

@skythecreator

Thank you so much!

@asi
@immortalraven
@metaphor
@geogur
@chloelove
@dream-within-a-dream
@element
Is that too many pings? >_<

Female
54 posts

skythecreator • 16 October 2017 at 8:27 AM

@nkiay
Np! People like you deserve a lot more support! I especially love how you used real facts in the description rather than making up a like..... new kind of Aurora that is only in the Ark or something

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 October 2017 at 8:38 AM

@skythecreator

Hahaha thanks. That's just how my brain works, I like thinks to make sense even if it is fantasy. 😉

Female
54 posts

skythecreator • 16 October 2017 at 8:39 AM

@nkiay

I wanna make a Plague doctor creature but im not sure...... would it be a good idea or not?

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 October 2017 at 8:41 AM

@skythecreator

Sure. At the very least draw it up and see how it looks.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 16 October 2017 at 12:04 PM

@nkiay
I really like it c: Especially egg and 1st stage x3

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 16 October 2017 at 12:10 PM

@immortalraven

I like the egg too.
I'm glad you like the 1st stage. I had to draw that now and it was hard to get it to match the last stage since I had drawn that years ago. I feel like the 1st stage isn't as good. So I'm really glad you like it. 😸

Trans Man
4 posts

thereptiliantheorist • 17 October 2017 at 10:12 PM

I love this!

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 18 October 2017 at 2:17 PM

@thereptiliantheorist

Thank you!

Female
30 posts

happyscout12 • 20 October 2017 at 4:50 AM

Cool!! 😃 I hope they add it ❤️

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 22 October 2017 at 2:18 PM

@happyscout12

Thank you! 😊

Female
30 posts

happyscout12 • 22 October 2017 at 4:59 PM

@nkiay
No problem! I love seeing other people's creatures and creations 😉

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 23 October 2017 at 12:37 PM

@happyscout12

What do you think about it? Any critiques?

Female
30 posts

happyscout12 • 23 October 2017 at 1:25 PM

@nkaiy
Question 1 answer: I love it! It seems like a great specie. 😊
Question 2 answer: as I stated, a great specie. I can't find any problems, so, no, no critiques! 😉

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 23 October 2017 at 11:08 PM

@happyscout12

You are too sweet! ^^

Female
30 posts

happyscout12 • 24 October 2017 at 5:28 AM

@nkiay
❤️

Female
1,308 posts

stellalunagirl • 31 October 2017 at 11:48 PM

@nkiay

LOVE this idea! Hope it gets made! ^^

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 1 November 2017 at 10:47 AM

@stellalunagirl

Thank you so much! 😊

Female
396 posts

redflipflap • 21 November 2017 at 2:00 PM

I need this in my cove, like yesterday. I love this a lot!!

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 22 November 2017 at 12:39 PM

@redflipflap

😊 Thank you so much! ❤️