Creature Suggestion: The Manira

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Which Egg Design Do You Like Better?

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 21 November 2017 at 1:30 PM

Hello all! This is my first creature suggestion and I'm kinda proud of it!! Here's the link to it, and I'll put the info and description underneath it.

Creature Link:
http://bit.ly/2zYrjUT

Habitat: Ocean

Stats: (this can easily be changed, I don't mind at all.)
1st - 650 clicks
2nd - 1400 clicks

About Manira Eggs:

These oddly textured eggs have a slightly slippery texture about them and can often leave a residue if they are not constantly cared for. Scientists and medicinal researchers alike are trying to figure out ways to prevent the unusual slime from getting on items like clothing and furniture. Once this serum is discovered, it will make a wonderful addition to any grocery store as a powerful stain fighter.

About the Manira Creature:

The strange markings on these creatures are ones unlike any other and the folks at the Science and Research Center have never seen anything like it, nor can they distinguish what they mean, if anything. Rumor has it that these markings are a derivative of a language from an ancient people.

During the months of October and November, these beautiful creatures practice a mating dance that they must perfect in order to woo a partner. This dancing ritual has also been performed for Arkians in a meaning of thanks, in such cases when these friendly giants have been caught in fishing line or other debris.

Height: 4.3m

Weight: 1627kg

Thanks for looking! Any constructive criticism is welcomed! #creaturesuggestion #redflipflapart

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 21 November 2017 at 1:39 PM

@redflipflap Mmmm... mantas! Its tail looks a bit like it's plugged in, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing 😃

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 21 November 2017 at 1:40 PM

@katrinwolf Yeah I see what you mean c: idk I personally think the tails kinda look 'plugged in' on the actual animal, yknow?

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 21 November 2017 at 1:43 PM

@redflipflap Haha, yep 😃
*imagines a Manira unplugging a normal tail and plugging in le Fancy Tail before asking its mate for a dance and laughs out loud*

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 21 November 2017 at 1:44 PM

@katrinwolf that's the best thing I've heard all day. Like plugging in a fancy beta fish tail or something omg

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 21 November 2017 at 1:47 PM

@redflipflap *googles betta fishes, can't unhear the flamenco music and unsee the dancing fishies*
By the way, can I ask you to check out my creature suggestion as well? The link's on my profile 😸

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 21 November 2017 at 1:49 PM

@katrinwolf just checked it out~!

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 26 November 2017 at 1:26 PM

@redflipflap

I really like this! I would totally get this. It's really great, 😊

(Only saying the following cause you asked for constructive criticism)
You should add in the title or somewhere what it is for. Like summer, or a specific month.

The second stage, its a looking at the underside of the creature right? It's not clear it's the belly to me. Maybe more shading to define the body? Or the eyes more on top?

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 26 November 2017 at 7:38 PM

@nkiay yes it's on it's belly c: and also, it doesn't really have a time of the year tbh. It's not really themed for a certain season.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 28 November 2017 at 11:56 AM

@redflipflap cool check my suggestion"blurilla

Female
431 posts

lendulka • 3 December 2017 at 5:23 AM

It's very nice.

Female
258 posts

boop • 5 February 2018 at 9:22 AM

@redflipflap Beautiful artwork, you SHOULD be proud of it.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 5 February 2018 at 4:58 PM

@wonglikiu821 Thank you!! That's rly nice of you c:

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 February 2018 at 5:25 PM

@redflipflap it's really cool because I don't think there are many stingray creatures yet 😸

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 5 February 2018 at 7:37 PM

@wigglytuff Thank you! Sting rays are one of my favorite animals so it'd be awesome to see some good ol' representation c:

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 5 February 2018 at 9:32 PM

@redflipflap
Cool suggestion! 😊
I like the tribal egg more since it fits in with the other stages

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 6 February 2018 at 12:31 AM

@gryffindor16 Thanks! I couldn't decide which one I liked better tbh