Creature Suggestion: The Felihaya

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

8 posts

pinkpandafish • 22 December 2017 at 8:07 AM

Hi everyone,

This is my #creaturesuggestion. Sorry about the quality, I don't have a scanner so I took this with my phone:
https://u.cubeupload.com/FishPanda/20171222142806new.jpg

This is the Felihaya. Meant to create a panther+cherry blossom mix, came out looking more like a pitahaya (dragon fruit), hence the name.

Habitat: jungle
Height: 1.2 m not including the antlers
Weight: 350 kg

About the Felihaya egg:
Felihaya eggs look like a huge, juicy cherry topped with some fragrant cherry blossoms. The closer the egg is to hatching, the larger and more open the flowers and the stronger their scent.

If you find one, better be on your guard: mamma is never far away.

About the Felihaya creature:
Felihaya are an apex predator. Their sweet floral smell and foliage-colored fur disguise them as they prowl through the jungle, and their strong muscles and keen eyes make them precise and swift hunters. Felihaya are solitary creatures, except when raising cubs; then the parents stick together, hunting in turns, until the babies are old enough to join.

Some stories say a blossom picked from a Felihaya antler will never lose its scent, but people are rarely brave or foolish enough to try and find out if that's true. Do not be tempted to pet them either; though their fur looks soft, its texture is more like grass than anything else.

I would love to know what you think!

325 posts

littleblush • 22 December 2017 at 8:24 AM

@pinkpandafish Oh wow! The art is fantastic and I love the description! 😊
It kind of reminds me of something christmassy though, and the CSPs for Dec have already been chosen
☚ī¸ Oh well! Haha GJ, I would love to have one in my cove 😊

8 posts

pinkpandafish • 22 December 2017 at 8:28 AM

@littleblush
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. Not sure about the Christmas thing - is it the antlers? 😊

325 posts

littleblush • 22 December 2017 at 8:34 AM

@pinkpandafish Yea lol haha, but I can see it as a spring creature now- branches right? At first I didn't notice the tiny flowers! 😊 So cute ❤ī¸

8 posts

pinkpandafish • 22 December 2017 at 8:36 AM

@littleblush Thank you! ❤ī¸

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 22 December 2017 at 9:04 AM

@pinkpandafish

I love it! I love everything about it! 😸 I hope it makes it into the actual creatures. I made some creatures a while ago but I had no idea HOW to make creatures so I ended up not having art or anything xD

8 posts

pinkpandafish • 22 December 2017 at 9:29 AM

@animalliterature Thank you! I didn't really know what to do either so I looked at some other posts first.

Female
2,450 posts

ida92 • 19 January 2018 at 4:17 AM

@pinkpandafish it's great, but it reminds me a lot of the Pachuma. 😊

Female
62 posts

dance • 24 January 2018 at 3:39 AM

@pinkpandafish

It's really great! Good luck! 😊 Maybe it can be made next Christmas?

Female
140 posts

gryffindor16 • 25 January 2018 at 4:39 AM

@pinkpandafish
Woah the art is really good! Good luck on it getting made! 😊

Female
258 posts

boop • 5 February 2018 at 9:18 AM

@pinkpandafish
This is by far the best one I've seen.
Well done!

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 5 February 2018 at 10:10 AM

@pinkpandafish So much thought went into this! You did such a great job, I hope to see one in the Cave soon 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 8 February 2018 at 12:52 PM

@pinkpandafish It looks really great 😊

Male
26 posts

toplel • 8 February 2018 at 9:58 PM

its great!!!