Pronunciation Guide

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you like to see pronunciation spelling in the Archives? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 13 February 2018 at 12:01 PM

So here's my big idea-n the Archives, each creature should show how to pronounce its name properly on their page. I had this thought when trying to tell someone IRL about the Unusith and how I was wanting to get a freeze for it, but I just kept stumbling over how on earth to actually pronounce it; is it Yoon-yoo-sith or Oon-oo-sith or Yoon-uh-sith? I think this would also be helpful for newer users since there are so many creatures it can get hard to keep track of them all when you can't really pronounce a lot of them.

Female
211 posts

stefrawr • 13 February 2018 at 11:54 PM

@icedmagma
I have to say I totally agree! also I don't know if its right or not but I assumed it was pronounced like yoon-uh-sith.. but then again who knows! so I do think it would be a nice addition to the archives. 😊

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 14 February 2018 at 12:19 AM

@icedmagma yeah xD aqueueren tho xD

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 14 February 2018 at 9:39 AM

@stefrawr that's how I've been pronouncing it as well lol, but it would be so nice to know once and for all

@wigglytuff I'm not even sure I want to touch that one haha XD

38 posts

mdom • 14 February 2018 at 10:55 AM

ahaha I've been pronouncing 'unusual + sith' |D

Male
16 posts

ark0flight • 27 February 2018 at 8:00 PM

Yea I'm down for this, I'm not sure most of these creatures are supposed to be called so when I try and talk about them I'm halfway convinced that I'm just spouting nonsense.

Deleted • 27 February 2018 at 8:10 PM

@icedmagma smart! I've been saying ``AH- jooon``, ``Pyrag uin``, ``Caya- Ondi``, ``Messo``, ``Quitten,``,``Flolocile``, ``Rho uule``,``Yver osaa``, ``Globar``,``Teckarack``,``Rossee``, ``Icyenero``, and ``Aquerene``.

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 27 February 2018 at 8:13 PM

@ark0flight I feel you. And I can't correct you because I don't know how it's actually pronounced either XD I really do think this would be so helpful for players who know each other irl, because then you can actually have the other person know what creature you're talking about without playing the guessing game.

@wolfspike23 But are you suuuure that's right? 😉 😉

Deleted • 27 February 2018 at 8:22 PM

@icedmagma I'm sure im saying it wrong...

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 27 February 2018 at 8:34 PM

@wolfspike23 LOL! It's ok, I'm sure I'm saying them all wrong too 😋

We could get a pronunciation guide and put an end to everyone's uncertainty! Once and for all, there could be a definitive way of saying all the creatures' species.