Egg timeout

in Site Feedback & Ideas

264 posts

snowwall • 19 February 2018 at 9:15 AM

Would you mind increasing the "egg disappeared" value a bit when a "you need to expand" message appears?

The link is buggy since interface revamp (in that it's not a link) and by the time I got to the expand button and clicked it through the lags and modem beeps (I went straight there, it wasn't even a long-winded "trade with a side" situation, and I'm not actually on dial-up, but the moment was laggy), the egg was gone. My FIRST and ONLY Lan egg.

It loaded for ages before I could see what I "found", then a bit of time searching for the expansion link (3 pages to go through) and I got a pile of nothing in the end. Usually I clicked through 10 eggs before the first was gone, but this time the first one barely loaded for me to see - but not expand the cave and catch it - before poofing ☹️

So, I know that there is a piece of JS loaded when the "whole page" is loaded (that horrid little piece that clears out the name I've started to type, or the radio for the egg I've chosen). Could the timeout start when that has gone through, not when a user has just clicked "Approach egg"... and be a bit longer than usual if a "need to expand" happens? And fix the direct link, too, please.