The Diowl

Images -

https://imgur.com/a/KtM2xLG

https://imgur.com/a/mhGajOo

Habitat: Forest
Weight: ~150kg
Height: 1.3m

Creature Description

This egg is covered in small feathers and is silky smooth to the touch, if you hold your ear close you can hear small chattering noises--like a beak clicking.

Creature Description

The Diowl, cleverly named in reference to its unusual diurnal nature--which is very unlike most owls, is truly a beast to be beheld. This mysterious creature weighs over 100kg, and is hulking with muscle. Their wings, fully laid out with an impressive 25ft span, can topple humans with a single, mighty, beat. The Diowl's claws alone should be reason enough to give this creature a wide berth, as fully extended they measure 76mm and are built for shredding.

In spite of all of this, the Diowl is a frighteningly calm beast, and rarely becomes violent. They eat sparsely, and the length of time between proper meals can easily last months. Their eyes, deep and milky like the moon, are anything but empty--and it rumours that this species communicates using nothing but their gaze and facial expressions.

Put a lot of effort into this beautiful thing--I apologize I'm not the best at drawing, and as you can probably see there was a lot of erasing and re-drawing in the images. The egg is pretty basic, I had a few ideas for it but nothing worked out properly. In a nutshell, it was supposed to be covered in soft feathers but I just couldn't get it right. I also had a bit of trouble with the description--hopefully it's still good. I hope you enjoy!
#creaturesuggestion

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 17 May 2018 at 3:36 PM

@budgie
When you said I'm not the best at drawing I thought let me see: but you're not good at drawing you're great !
I really like its simplicity ❤️ Looks amazing!
Btw you need to put '' #creaturesuggestion '' and add some color on your drawing as well and Egg description too!

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 17 May 2018 at 3:39 PM

@isathebelle Thank you ❤️
Ive been tentative to add colour to things, I always feel as if I mess up the drawing--but I'll try!
Huh, adding #creaturesuggestion isnt working o.o

Female
268 posts

isathebelle • 18 May 2018 at 2:05 AM

@budgie
You're most welcome 😊I would really like to have that creature ❤️ Good luck!!!!!

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 18 May 2018 at 4:12 AM

@isathebelle Thank you again ^^

Female
224 posts

cheetahgirl8 • 18 July 2018 at 9:40 AM

@budgie

wanna do a colab

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 18 July 2018 at 10:44 AM