When an account is deleted, does its username become available for use?

in Help & Questions

Gender Questioning
289 posts

shine • 28 November 2018 at 8:53 AM

Hi! I'm returning after a long, LONG time (like, three years) and I have a side account on @glimmer. Now that I'm busier and older and all, I've decided to have just one account. So then, do I have to change the username on my side account with CC before I ask for it to be deleted?

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 28 November 2018 at 10:51 AM

@ruth
When an account is deleted, the name will become available for anyone to use as a account username.
For EX: on my old storage, it used to have the name @demons. But since I deleted it, there is no user with that name. Meaning, it is open to be used as a username. 😊

Welcome back BTW! 😃 I feel like I seem to remember your user. xD Maybe when I was still @clbr6117 😱 If you ever need help with values or other stuff, let me know! 😊

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 28 November 2018 at 11:17 AM

@ruth Could always just transfer things over to the account with the name you want ^^

Gender Questioning
289 posts

shine • 28 November 2018 at 11:24 AM

@prairie Thank you so much, and your old username seems familiar to me as well :0 I've been looking at eggcavity, hopefully the values there are accurate

@budgie That's definitely the easier option, but this account has a lot of dead creatures that I want to revive and I can't afford to buy CC, so I won't be letting go of it anytime soon xP Thanks for the idea though ^^

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 28 November 2018 at 11:32 AM

@ruth Aah, that's fair, welcome back by the way ^^

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 28 November 2018 at 11:35 AM

@ruth

Yeah, Eggcavity should be pretty up to date. 😊 @budgie also have a creature value guide here. But it's always best to ask around for 2nd opinions as well. 😃 The CC value of pets also seems to be higher than what they are in creature value these days. 😱 (mostly because of auctions and such that has been happening.) I think a biwo once sold for 30kcc in a auction. o_o