❤ Valentine's Creature Suggestion #1: The Lovca ❤ (Re-submission with updated art!)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Would you like the Lovca to be created?

Female
324 posts

disney • 1 December 2018 at 9:14 PM

/Disclaimer/ - The name is part of the suggestion, I would prefer that the creature not be created if it is not going to be called the "Lovca". I spend time coming up with the names for my creatures as well. Thank you!

#creaturesuggestion

Art/Design by @Disney

The Creature (Please let me know if you have trouble with the link!)

https://www.deviantart.com/sweeneyytodd/art/Lovca-Egg-Cave-Creature-Suggestion-774910384

1st Stage = 503 Views
2nd Stage = 1073 Views
3rd Stage = 2073 Views

Creature Description

The Lovca is a creature that is typically not native to the land of Ark, but every year around February you can usually spot their pods around Ark Beach. No one knows exactly where they come from, but what we do know is that every year around Valentines Day Lovca pods of all shapes and sizes migrate to the Ark region. It is said in legends passed down from generation to generation that a strange phenomenon occurs whenever the Lovca is near. Love seems to be in the air all around and citizens of ark will fall in love left and right. However when the month of February is over and the Lovcas leave, everyone returns to normal. Are the Lovcas responsible? Or is it just all the chocolate?

It seems we may never know the answer. The SAR center does their best to research them, but since they are only around once a year it becomes a very difficult task. However, what we do know about the Lovca is that they huddle together with hugs in order to keep each other warm. Their blubber gets very warm and is the perfect cozy temperature for cuddling in the cold winter months. And of course, whenever they are in love, they can spout the most beautiful and precise heart shaped bubbles.

Please let me know what you think and take a chance to vote in the poll if you have some spare time! Thanks for looking hope you like it!

If you know of anyone that might be interested in seeing this, please take the time to ping them if you don't mind! 😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 1 December 2018 at 10:31 PM

@disney
Please yes, I love orcas, and I want them. xD
I love how well you incorporated hearts into the design. 😊

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 2 December 2018 at 3:44 PM

@disney
I love this! I hope it gets made.

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 6 December 2018 at 12:29 PM

CUUUTE! Not a complaint, but may I ask a question? Why 503 views instead of 500? And why 1073 instead of 1070? LOL just curious. It's fine if you don't really know why. Tot's cute.

Female
1,492 posts

froot • 9 December 2018 at 9:02 AM

@disney Once again, absolutely stunning art.
The creature is very cute, and the idea of it being based off an orca is definitely very creative. I like how the Lovca turns into a darker colour as it get older, and the heart patterns really compliment the Lovca.its bubble eyes suit the creature very well. In the last stage, the water that sprays out of the blowhole in the shapes of tiny hearts is beautiful.

You've made a wise decision to call it the Lovca, and the creature description is, again, very well developed.

I'd love to see this creature as an Eggcave creature in February. Best of luck in getting it made ❤️

Female
324 posts

disney • 11 December 2018 at 8:10 PM

@prairie - Thank you! I feel like orcas are kinda underrated. But I'm a big fan of ocean mammals ^^ Would love to see more on egg cave which Is why I decided to suggest one ^^ We need more whales in general 😋

@izziebee1017 - Thanks for your input! ❤️ I'm happy that you like it ^o^

@qerrats - Thank you! And its okay xD I know it seems very random. My thoughts were 1073 looks like L O sideways V and backwards E to spell love. And then the other ones I just stuck to that pattern so they all kinda matched together and made sense 😋 It doesn't have to be those numbers or anything, I just thought it would be kinda cute if people got the hidden meaning behind it ^^

@shadowfaxe - D': Thank you again!!! Your responses have so much time put into them and I appreciate the feedback on all the aspects of the design ❤️ Once again thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed the design! c:

Deleted • 12 December 2018 at 2:52 AM

@disney Omg I love it. I want one! would it be in CC or the Cave?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 12 December 2018 at 3:06 PM

@disney Ohhhhhh! That is adorbs! Love it love it!

Female
324 posts

disney • 15 December 2018 at 2:24 AM

@bluebunny2018 - Thank you! Honestly it wouldn't matter to me 😋 Whatever the egg cave team decided to make it if they decided to go with the suggestion ^^

@querrats - Thank you very much!!!! ❤️ 😃