The Axolotl: Anytime Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Would you like the Axolotl made?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 5 February 2019 at 3:22 PM

#creaturesuggestion
Hello! This is my first creature suggestion, and I hope you all like it! But, here's something that is cool about this (to me): The Axolotl is a real creature. They truly are critically endangered. They truly do grow back their hearts and brains. They truly do have toxic skin. They truly do need your help. Ah, okay, now look at the creature. 😸

Picture:
https://imgur.com/a/yDW0Q69

Stage 1: 500 views

Stage 2: 1000 views

Stage 3: 2000 views

Habitat:
Wetlands (a lake?)

Height
0.0762 m (3 inches)

Weight
3.5 k

About Axolotl Eggs
Axolotl eggs are slimy and rather sticky, with little fluffy things sticking out at the top. If you touch these things, they twitch! It turns out, those are an Axolotl's external gills! You must be careful, as in their egg stage, Axolotl are quite fragile, and cannot be handled too much. Axolotl also have to be in water with temperature in between 60-70 degrees F. It is for this reason that many Axolotl are kept in heated tanks until they hatch.

About the Axolotl creature
Axolotl are quite friendly, social creatures, and often live in groups. Axolotl are also predators, but they only eat the occasional worm, and often go days without any food, although they can go up to three weeks without feeling hungry. The Axolotl have a remarkable ability, which few other creatures have: the ability to regenerate body parts. But not only are Axolotl able to regenerate legs and tails, but they are also able to grow back their spine, heart, brain, and lungs without any scarring! And if that doesn't make them sound cool enough, Axolotl also have toxic in their skin, so don't lick your Axolotl, whatever you do!
During adolescents, Axolotl spend some time on land as well as in the water, because their skin is very sensitive. An Axolotl's skin is quite sensitive, and when the water becomes contaminated, they go on land and search out another lake or pond to live in. In the dry seasons, it is not uncommon to see great crowds of Axolotl walking from their dried up pond to a bigger one.
Axolotl lay their eggs underneath rocks in the Ark river, so when the eggs hatch, they must get out of the water and make their way to the wetlands, or to a pond or lake.
Despite all these amazing features of an Axolotl, they are critically endangered due to water pollution. The simple act of throwing some soda or juice into a lake can cause all the Axolotl to flee, and if they aren't fast enough to leave, they die from dry skin, birds, or, when they don't leave, lack of clean water.

Female
434 posts

wolfkit • 11 February 2019 at 4:31 PM

I like it!

Do you want feedback? or do you want people to say nice things about it?

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 11 February 2019 at 7:03 PM

@wolfkit I don't care. XD just anything is good. 😸 But I'm glad you like it!

Female
402 posts

magicaltomato3 • 11 February 2019 at 8:28 PM

@qerrats Ackkk it's so so cute!! 😸 ❤️ Reminds me of the aerlo a lil bit 😸 <-- also a fav. but I really hope it gets made!!

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 11 February 2019 at 8:29 PM

@magicaltomato3 Thank you! Yeah, before I posted this, I double-checked the Aerlo to make sure they weren't too similar. I was thankful when I saw that they were pretty different. 😸

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 11 February 2019 at 9:45 PM

@qerrats

Oh man, I've been loving on these cute lil guys, unfortunately they're endangered and the only ones that exist are the ones that people actually have as pets. Their real homes have been destroyed out there in the real world, how sad and cruel. Not even sure how long these guys will last if people don't try to breed them so they can exist in numbers. I do hope that they make this creature here tho, they will belong to the lizard family species of Ark so awesome!

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 12 February 2019 at 1:22 AM

@jirachiwishmaker Thank you! I created this hoping to bring attention to these little guys, which is why I didn't change a single thing in their appearance and most of their abilities. And yes, regenerating hearts, brains, and spines is one of their natural abilities! o_0 Axolotl are amazing but super weird... XDXDXD

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 3 March 2019 at 6:58 PM

@qerrats

Qerrats! How dare you not ping me? >:-(

I like it! Kinda strikes me as summer

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 3 March 2019 at 7:05 PM

@moonweaver Thank you! 😸