Avatar the last Airbender Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Which nation?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 14 January 2021 at 10:07 AM

@wingedfox, are you going to revive this rp? Cause actually I kinda like it.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 January 2021 at 8:40 PM

@thelaizywolf2019 I actually forgot this existed, oops. Yes, I'm going to try. I couldn't post anything more to revive it because I can't post twice, someone else has to go first. YES. So should we do a time skip to the next time we actually have stuff going on in it?

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 14 January 2021 at 8:44 PM

Omg wow I remember this rp. I used to be so into roleplaying on eggcave(rn I'm only part of one squawk). Sure, I'm up for continuing this if you guys are! 😊

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 14 January 2021 at 8:49 PM

@wingedfox @shadowdragon28, great to know! I'm also willing to continue but I think we should go back from the start. Also, I have new characters.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 14 January 2021 at 10:45 PM

Sure, I guess I'll just use Lara hehe.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 January 2021 at 11:14 PM

Yes, a better idea. It hasn't gone very far yet so that would work so well. Do you guys have any ideas for where you want the roleplay to go? That makes things a little easier because we have 'checkpoints' we can go to.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 14 January 2021 at 11:58 PM

@wingedfox, in my opinion I think there has to be some sort of plot like an evil organisation or etc.

Female
192 posts

vanley • 15 January 2021 at 10:12 AM

Are you still accepting new forms?

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 15 January 2021 at 11:00 AM

@vanley, I think so.. We are just restarting the rp..

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 15 January 2021 at 12:03 PM

Yeah, I think having an antagonist would be good hehe. Any ppl have ideas?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 January 2021 at 3:11 PM

@vanley sorry about both pings, I accidentally posted on my sister's user, oops 0-0
Yup, still accepting new forms! Umm you guys know how Aang can take away bending and give it to other people? Maybe someone else learned that and has been taking bending and giving it to himself? So he has ultimate powerful bending, a lot like the avatar, but not something passed down from bloodlines?

Female
192 posts

vanley • 15 January 2021 at 3:25 PM

Name: Keigo
Appearance: Keigo has short permanent windswept blonde hair with a few waves falling on to his face that match well with his strangely pale skin. His eyes are light brown, almost appearing gold in the sunlight. He stands steadily at 5"6, weighing around 115lbs due to his lithe body type with lightly defined muscles. He often wears tan shorts that are loose against his legs and a tight black shirt over his chest with the symbol of the earth nation embroidered into it with gold thread, if he leaves his home, he wears a green shirt over the black one and he walks around in tan boots.
Fire, Land, Air or Water: Earth Nation, born and raised in the inner ring of Ba Sing Se.
History: Keigo was born as the youngest son of the current ruler, two sisters and three brothers born ahead of him. Out of them, he was the only one who didn't have the ability to bend an element, with both of his sister's being Firebenders and his brothers being Earthbenders. He was looked down upon and ignored for this. Though his family didn't want him to be completely useless, so they found a teacher to teach him Chi Blocking. His athletic ability mixed with constant training and learning the weaknesses of the human body made him a force to be reckoned with. He mastered Chi Blocking when he was fourteen. His family never wanted to show Keigo off to the public so aside from the officials of other nations almost no one knows he exists, so he can leave the castle and go into the city without much hassle, which he does on a regular basis. His family is somewhat aware of this, and have given up trying to stop him, he's simply too fast for his own good.
Personality: Keigo is very laid back and relaxed, always the one to try and lighten up heavy subjects. He brushes most issues off and can come off as uncaring. Though it might seem that way on the surface, in reality he is constantly on edge and ready to fight. He doesn't trust others easily due to his upbringing, and has fairly low self esteem that he hides under a veil of confidence. At this point in his life, he doesn't care to do what anyone tells him to, preferring to do everything of his own initiative to give himself at least some power over his life.
Bender: No
Talent: Chi Blocking
Weakness: Benders (technically)
Other: When leaving the palace he's often called 'Kei', that being his public alias.

Name: Ren
Appearance: He has shoulder length black hair that he keeps tied up in a tight bun. He wears a brown tank top and similarly colored shorts, he has grey shoes that he wears in the store but like everyone else, when he's out it isn't uncommon for him to not wear shoes in only to keep the ones he has nice. His skin is slightly tan and his eyes are dark brown, dark freckles are listed across his face and he has a dark heart shaped birthmark on his wrist. He stands at a short 5"4' and weighs 106lbs.
Fire, Land, Air or Water: Earth Nation
History: Ren is a low class citizen from the lower ring of Ba Sing Se, his mother died when he was twelve and his father was a solider who only recently died in battle. He grew up in a decent household, considering it was in the lower ring. His mother owned a small shop, which they lived in the second level of. After his mother died, his father got ownership of the shop and left it for Ren to handle since he wasn't home often. Ren had been running the shop since he was twelve, so he didn't have much trouble continuing to run it after his father died. He was never trained in Earthbending, but can still use it well enough to prevent his shop from getting robbed. He spent most of his time growing up tending to the shop, so nothing super noteworthy has ever happened to him aside from his parents dying. He was sad about his mother, but he barely knew his father because he was never known. All he has now is his sword to remember him by.
Personality: He's calm and collected, and tries to be as cheerful as possible. He's the type of person who hates breaking the rules and always sticks to what he believes in. He's very smart for someone who has never been to school, learning mathematics at a young age to help with monetary exchanges in the shop. He avoids talking to strangers outside of the shop and doesn't often leave, more reclusive than anyone would expect. Even so, he tries to be as helpful as he can for others, so he's somewhat of a pushover.
Bender: Yes
Talent: Mathematics
Weakness: Bending
Other: He owns a fairly successful shop in the lower ring of Ba Sing Se.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 15 January 2021 at 6:58 PM

Ooh, yeah that sounds like a good plot. Tis cool!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 15 January 2021 at 7:22 PM

Accepted! Nice characters!

Yeet we have a heading, mister gibbs. I think I'm going to redo my character Irsa, just because I have other, better ideas for her now.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 15 January 2021 at 8:17 PM

@wingedfox I have new characters!

Name: Kitara
Appearance: https://pin.it/2VYc1ga
Fire, Water, Air or Land: She resides in the Fire Nation.
History: Kitara comes from a family with a military background. Since her father wanted a boy, he trained her to be a warrior. Kitara was so skilled with her bending that she rose in the ranks.

One day however, her mother died under an illness which made Kitara cold and distant to her father, believing he had something to do with her death.
Personality: Kitara appears to be a cold and antisocial individual, however she is kind and caring; willing to do anything to protect her loved ones.
Talent: Literature
Weakness: She has a fiery temper.
Other: She has a pet hawk raven named Talvi.

Name: Lotus
Appearance: https://pin.it/Nsfdl94
Fire, Water, Air or Land: Formerly of the Southern Water Tribe.
History: Lotus is a distant relative to Amon and Tarrlok (if this rp is after the events of Legend of Korra). He was seperated from his family and was adopted by a couple from the Southern Water Tribe. Throughout his entire life, Lotus thought he was a non-bender and was constantly bullied by other water benders.

Believing to be a burden to his family, he left his home. In the cold outskirts of the South Pole, Lotus accidentally used his Blood Bending on a group of bandits. Realising that his Blood Bending might be dangerous, Lotus decided to use it for good.
Personality: Cheerful and optimistic, Lotus is a carefree individual. He is somewhat sensitive and highly emotional. He is proven to be smart and good at problem solving.
Talent: Archery and imitating animal's sounds
Weakness: Negative emotions and words.
Other: His sexual preference are other males and he has a pet polar bear dog named, Blizzard.

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 1:11 AM

I kind of want Keigo to have a Sparrowkeet because... I like Sparrowkeet's?

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 1:57 AM

@wingedfox
In this rp, is the Air nation going to exist? Like was it attacked? Or is this after Korra where some people gained airbending? I need to know so I can revise Lana's history(the og kinda sucked). Thankss!

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 January 2021 at 3:23 AM

@vanley, same.. They're kinda cute..

@shadowdragon28, same.. I'm kinda confused when the rp takes place.

Also, Katara's and Lotus's love interests are available.. If you want your character to be a love interest to one of my characters then that's alright..

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 4:20 AM

Ren and Keigo are also open for love interests, though Keigo is more interested in other guys, and there aren't really why guy characters around his age so Princey boy is gonna be S I N G L E for the rest of his life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 16 January 2021 at 6:22 AM

@vanley, ah okay...

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 January 2021 at 2:50 PM

@thelaizywolf2019 Characters approved!

@shadowdragon28 Maybe? What time period should this be in? We could do it long after korra, or it could be before Aang. What do y'all think? And I do think the Air nomads should be a thing again, that would make things interesting.

SPARROWKEETS YES

I want my characters to possibly have love interests eventually as well, only that kind of thing isn't allowed on EC. It makes everything so much more fun to do that though, so do you guys want to do it on here or roleplay on some other platform? I've heard Discord is good for this sort of thing, with channels to keep everything organized.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 2:57 PM

@wingedfox
Okay, so before Aang, got it! I shall revise soon.

@vanley
I'm gonna be making a guy character soon so...hehe

Same, I'm good with discord. My characters are also open to having love interests. 😊

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 4:19 PM

@wingedfox
So does this mean Keigo gets a Sparrowkeet? Side note: It's name will be Phoenix because we live for ironic names.

I'm good with discord, I'm a lot more active on discord than I am on EC.

@shadowdragon28
We love boyfriends, Keigo's family is already disappointed in him, and it's canon that the Earth Kingdom is actually pretty homophobic, especially before Avatar Kyoshi tried to make it better. Keigo being a prince and liking boys is just beautiful.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 January 2021 at 7:07 PM

@shadowdragon28 Okie Dokie, revisions are great. Have fun!

Alrighty, sweet. @thelaizywolf2019 Can you do Discord? I want to find something that works for everyone.

@vanley Yes, Keigo gets a Sparrowkeet. That is such an adorably ironic name, wahooo irony!

Edit: My revised characters are here:

Name: Kovu Vivv
Gender: Gender-fluid, assigned male at birth. (They/them/she/her/he/him)

Appearance: They have light brownish red hair that’s fairly short, with blonde highlights. Its length is just past their ears. They have stormy blue-grey eyes that look permanently surprised. They have freckles, pale skin that comes as a shock to most because they work out in fields almost all day every day. They wear plain, baggy shirts and pants, and an old, worn pair of work boots on most days. When they have to go fancy, they wear a collared shirt and skirt. They’re fairly skinny but have a defined muscular structure. A small scar on their right shoulder from when they were clawed by an owl-bear as a teenager. ( https://www.pinterest.com/pin/586382813980640089 Art credit: me)

Fire, Land, Air or Water: Earth Kingdoms

History: They were born to a very poor family, who abandoned them on the streets of Ba Sing Se as a small child. They wandered around for days, and hours before they would have died from hunger, a farmer and his wife adopted them. They call these two family now. They started working on their fields as they got older, though they’ve always wanted to go to the city they were found in, just to see what it's like. Maybe to see what else life can be like.

Personality: In a cliche adventuring group, they would be the comedic relief. They love to make people laugh or to try to. They love making bad puns, and they’re very good at it. They have quite the temper. When they get mad, they get rageful mad. They have a hard time controlling it, but they try. They’re very protective of the people they care about and will do anything for them.

Bender type: Earthbender
Talents: A good cook, wants to learn metal bending to make cooking equipment.
Weakness: They’re sensitive about pronouns, but are used to being called the wrong one. It doesn’t bother them anymore.
Other: Omni (Likes all genders but with preferences to nonbinary and girls)

Appearance: She has obnoxiously curly black hair that is long enough that it reaches her knees when straightened. She has greenish-brown eyes that have flecks of gold in them, and black eyelashes around them. She has a round face and olive skin. She has a pear-shaped body and is insecure about how off-balanced she could look to others. She often wears a burgundy one-shoulder dress with black leggings underneath and sturdy black leather boots. She likes to wear a bronze wrist cuff with dragon patterns on it that she got from her grandmother. (Art is coming)
Fire, Land, Air or Water: Fire Nation

History: She grew up in a fairly well-off household, though she didn’t get out much. Her sister was diagnosed with an illness that basically shot her immune system when she was young, and Irsa wasn’t allowed to leave the house for fear of her sister getting sick and dying from some other disease. She was homeschooled until she was 16. Her sister died that year and she was allowed to go to normal school. Because she didn’t have the experience of going out to talk to people, as a child, she’s very socially inept and awkward.

Personality: She’s a very giggly girl when you get to know her. You know when you stay up late and you can’t stop laughing at everything? That’s her every day. If she isn’t super hyper, something’s not right. She’s pretty quiet if she’s on her own, at least until she’s warmed up to you. She’s a dreamer. She loves imagining what everything could be, and every little detail of it all. She’s a Hufflepuff to the core as well. Once she finds someone she likes, she’ll stick with them to the end. Lowkey flirty.

Bender type: She’s a firebender. She’s not good at it yet, but she can start them well.
Talents: She’s good at thinking up ways things can change. She’s good at thinking outside of the box.
Weakness: She’s sensitive. If you abandon her, she’ll mope about it for a while, until she forgets about you.
Other: She’s Bi

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 10:06 PM

Omg this is sooo long I can't believe I typed this. I kinda got carried away.

@wingedfox
Can Lara work for a servant at Irsa's house like the og? hehe

Name: Lara Aldwyn
Appearance: https://rukminim1.flixcart.com/image/832/832/jmp79u80-1/poster/q/q/z/medium-athah-anime-original-long-hair-brown-hair-cherry-blossom-original-imaf9k2ka5nzbhpq.jpeg?q=70
She has long brown hair and gray eyes. She has lightly tanned skin, and a bit of muscle. It's easy to see that she's used to being outside. She wears the typical red clothing of a fire nation servant when she's working, but she prefers casual clothing when she's allowed to choose.
Fire, Land, Air or Water: Air
History: (Optional) The air nomads are usually peaceful people, but her family is a bit of an exception. Her father's family was killed by fire nation guards and he was betrayed by his close 'friend', so he's very paranoid. The rest of the air nomads were pacifists, however, and told him to let it go. Her father was bitter and scared that this would happen again so he decided to teach his children how to fight. He was convinced that the Fire Nation was up to no good though, and was scared that they would attack. He trained Lara and her sister to sneak around and lie. He taught them how to spy on others. Lara's little sister, Anya was the more obedient sibling. She wholeheartedly believed in their dad, and hated the Air Nation's unwillingness to act. However Lara was a naturally outgoing person who didn't like lying. Because Lara always disagreed with her dad, her sister Anya was the favored child of her father. (Lara and Anya didn't let that separate them though). But where her sister was lacking in her ability to lie and stay hidden(she could not hide her emotions well), Lara was an expert at being stealthy. One day, Lara's mother brought her out of the Air temple in order to buy supplies, and they were attacked by some Fire Nation travelers. Lara suffered burns on her back(she makes sure to not let anybody see her back in the Fire Nation), and her mother was killed. Her father blamed Lara for his wife's death, and threatened that if Lara wouldn't spy on the nation in order to protect her nation, he would send her sister. Lara volunteered to go to protect her sister.
Personality: Lara is a naturally outgoing person. She loves having fun. She prefers a carefree life without responsibilities. She laughs a lot and likes to make others laugh. However, she is a really good liar. She can pretend so well that almost everyone believes her. She is charming and is the mood maker. Lara is the type of person that people let their guard down in front. She seems naturally trustworthy and friendly, which is how she learns many secrets. She doesn't like following rules, but is smart enough to know when to back down.
Bender: (Optional) Yes
Talent: (Optional) She's really good at sneaking around and telling lies. She's a natural charmer.
Weakness: On bad days, the burn scar on her back hurts. It makes it harder for her to pull off tricks while air-born. Her back is also her weak point. Also, although Lara lies a lot, she always feels a lot of guilt after. She hates that she has to pretend.
Other: (Optional) she's bisexual, and she has a pet golden eagle named Ali

@vanley
Yesss, we do love boyfriends. lol I made Ravn kinda Keigo's counterpart hehe. Also, did you name Keigo after Hawks in bnha?(just curious)

Name: Ravn Ayaz
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0b/4f/69/0b4f69b21dec48877274dcb989aee14f.jpg
He has short black hair and blue eyes. He wears a necklace that was passed down from his family around his neck.
Fire, Land, Air or Water: Northern Water Tribe
History: (Optional) Ravn is the heir to the Northern Water Tribe. He was the firstborn of the Chief, and was trained to take over the position. From a young age, he had to learn how to behave or he would face punishment. His father was very strict with him, and he was barely allowed to have fun as a child. Since he was raised in a tribe where the men learned fighting and the women were forced to stick to healing, a bit of the misogynistic values rubbed off of him. But when his little sister, Kiara, was banned from learning what she wanted, she blew up at Ravn when he tried to convince her to give up learning water bending. Their relationship was ruined. After realizing what oppression she had gone through, he decided to make an effort to change his values and be a good big brother. He promised that when he took over the tribe, he would change that for her. From that day forward, he tried to be nicer, and slowly the relationship between him and his sister began to get better again. But soon, he was forced into an arranged marriage by his father in order to make their tribe more united. He and his fiance, Rina, were to be married in half a year. Rina was nice, but he somehow wasn't attracted to her. That was when he realized that instead of being attracted to girls, he was attracted to boys instead. He thought there was something wrong with himself, because his tribe had conservative values. Ravn knew that if his father learnt of this, he would be cast out. Ignoring the fact that he only thought of Rina as a friend, Ravn did not object to the marriage. But just before the wedding date, he was kidnapped by some mercenaries who wanted to steal him and hold him for ransom. But while he was being taken on a ship to an unknown place, he managed to escape from his binds and defeat his captors. He was stuck in the middle of nowhere though. Soon, a boat that was headed to Ba Sing Se passed by and rescued him. He ended up in Ba Sing Se, and is currently looking for a way to get back to his tribe.
Personality: Ravn is cold and uptight. He abides by the rules. He does what's best for his tribe, and ignores his own wants. He plans far ahead and is really intelligent. He has old fashioned thinking, do to the tribe he was raised in. He still thinks that Waterbenders are superior to all, and he looks down upon non-benders because he views them as weaker. Recently though, he has been trying to be more open minded. However, he still thinks there's something wrong with him because he likes boys. He keeps a distance from others, and is untrusting of them. The only person he truly loves and opens up to in his little sister. Ravn is really protective of her. He dislikes his dad for denying her wishes.
Bender: (Optional)Waterbender
Talent: (Optional) Waterbending(especially making ice). He is also a good planner.
Weakness: Even though he has recently made an effort to be more openminded, he was still raised in a place where not everyone was thought of as equal. He still has a bit of prejudice. He also believes that water benders are superior to all others, and kind of looks down upon non-benders.
Other: (Optional) He's gay

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 10:14 PM

@shadowdragon28
Totally not me low-key squealing like a child upon finding someone else who likes bnha, nope, not at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But yeah, Keigo was based off of Hawks, mostly because I read an Avatar/BNHA crossover the other day and can't get it out of my head. Also, jesus, Keigo needs to teach Ravn how to RELAX.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 10:17 PM

@vanley
Omg lol, I was thinking of naming Ravn Dabi but I was like no Dabi is fire so I decided on a fellow bird name like Rav(e)n. Yayyy another person who has watched bnha! Yeah Ravn kind of has a stick up his...butt.

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 10:27 PM

@shadowdragon28
I have this image in my head of Keigo saying "Aww, don't give me the cold shoulder!" Then Ravn literally freezing his shoulder.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 16 January 2021 at 10:32 PM

@vanley
Omg that is perfect this needs to happen in the rp.
Also this scene is definitely real hehe:
Keigo: *exists*
Ravn: Shut up.

Also btw ya'll don't have to ping me anymore I followed. 😊

Female
192 posts

vanley • 16 January 2021 at 10:47 PM

That's a canon scene if I've ever seen one. Keigo is a chatterbox and Ravn is absolutely praying that he'd be quiet for once. Then he finally starts contemplating on Bloodbending Keigo's jaw shut.