https://imgur.com/AImFS95

Trittilmus
trittil - chirp ; mus - mouse
pl. Trittilmi

bear with me here, my drawings are pretty rough haha
just, , imagine it cuter

feedback welcome !!

About Eggs
This egg is a bit dirty, half buried in the soil.

The flower's stamen on a Trittilmus egg produces a unique type of pollen that acts similar to that of a fertilizer - it can speed the growth of any plant by astonishing rates. Even more peculiar, if the pollen from one egg lands on the flower of another Trittilmus, the creature will hatch twice as fast, which is one reason why Trittilmus mothers often lay eggs together.

An egg can still hatch without its flower, but then the poor Trittilmus will be sickly for most if not all of its life.

About Creature
Most Trittilmi tend to be shy when they're young, but by the time their ears bloom they are energetic and social. They communicate with those in their colony - containing at least a dozen members - with chirps and whistles, and the sounds of the Trittilmi are often mistaken for birds.

It has been speculated that Trittilmi that cross pollinated as eggs share special social bonds, but not enough evidence has been secured to prove this. Either way, the same pollen falls from the stamen extending from the Trittilmus's head and helps the flowers in the fields where they dwell to grow in time for spring.

The only tragedy of the Trittilmus is their short lifespan. Mating in late summer, Trittilmi group together to bury their eggs in the hopes of keeping them warm, as the young will spend the cold season developing within the egg. Adults rarely live to see winter in the wild, but some live longer when kept as pets.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 February 2019 at 10:51 AM

@tyerwa
I think it's super cute already. I don't need to imagine it any cuter 😊. I would definitely get one if it was turned into a creature.

Cisgender Female
135 posts

tyerwa • 18 February 2019 at 12:17 PM

@bgunny
aww, thank you !

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 18 February 2019 at 1:13 PM

@tyerwa
I'm a really big fan of this. x3 ❤️
I absolutely love how you used the flower petals as the ears. 😃

Cisgender Female
135 posts

tyerwa • 18 February 2019 at 1:24 PM

@prairie
thanks! i also just didn't think we had enough mice, with easter being more of a time for bunnies.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 2 March 2019 at 3:21 AM

@tyerwa soo cute creature ❤️ we need more mouse creatures

Cisgender Female
135 posts

tyerwa • 4 March 2019 at 5:15 PM

@murfijs
ack thank you !!