Does anyone else miss the old comment deleting system?

in General

Do you miss the old comment system?

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 6 March 2019 at 9:10 PM

Just curious ๐Ÿ˜Š Because I suddenly decided to clean my wall and OMG every time I delete a comment it refreshes the page, which takes time and makes me scroll down again :'D I kinda miss the old system, where it doesn't ask you to confirm and it doesn't refresh the page...

Male
326 posts

seraph • 6 March 2019 at 9:16 PM

We already had this system when I joined, but that's why I delete a comment right after I reply to it, I simply can't imagine myself deleting more than 5 at a time...

Deleted • 8 March 2019 at 3:41 AM

@skyfall4 Yeah I reply than I delete the comment unless its important lol

Female
1,721 posts

minnie298a • 9 March 2019 at 6:23 PM

If you open the delete button in a new window it still works. So when I go to delete bulk messages, I just Ctrl-left click on the delete of them all, then close out all the open windows. All the messages are gone in one refresh, and there is no excess scrolling.

Female
3,795 posts

sparklefox • 9 March 2019 at 6:58 PM

@minnie298a - I might actually try that the next time I go and clear out my comments. That seems like it would save a lot of time and patience. Thanks for the tip!

@skyfall4 - I do sometimes find myself missing the old "deleting with no page refresh" system every now and then. The page refreshing just makes it a little more annoying to mass delete comments, and can also make it take longer - especially because you need to scroll right back down to the comments after the page refreshes itself. This is especially fun when you're like me and you only tidy up your wall every few months, if that.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 9 March 2019 at 7:40 PM

@skyfall4 not sure. I donโ€™t delete messages -_-. Not sure why XD. I have a lot

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 9 March 2019 at 7:43 PM

@minnie298a
Whoa omg thanks for the tip! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Female
1,721 posts

minnie298a • 9 March 2019 at 7:55 PM

@sparklefox @skyfall4
You're both welcome.